Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View From My Front Window

islaydarkblue

8 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Gedee,

I was trying to explain to my fellow posters and guests on the DBF that living on Islay you never know what your are going to see out your front window. 

About ten years ago an army helicopter landed in the field behind our house which scared the living daylights out of our two dogs.

There was an Army rugby team playing in the annual beach rugby competition in Port Ellen and it seems that some of them decided that they fancied a trip to Bruichladdich Distillery. 

It caused a bit of a rumpus as a result of flying and landing near private houses.

There has never a helicopter in the field since. 

Islay,  think you and your good wife are gonna miss that "Little Bit of Heaven" once you make that big return to Dundee.

However, think the same "conditions" may still apply ... Keep an eye oot for your enemies. Dinnae venture oot in the dark :ph34r:

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Islay,  think you and your good wife are gonna miss that "Little Bit of Heaven" once you make that big return to Dundee.

However, think the same "conditions" may still apply ... Keep an eye oot for your enemies. Dinnae venture oot in the dark :ph34r:

Hi Gedee,

My wife will miss that ‘Little Bit of Heaven’ when we finally leave Islay for the last time but I will not miss having to get up at 7.15am for the morning sailing and worrying if the ferry will sail because of the wind or swell. 

26 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Gedee,

My wife will miss that ‘Little Bit of Heaven’ when we finally leave Islay for the last time but I will not miss having to get up at 7.15am for the morning sailing and worrying if the ferry will sail because of the wind or swell. 

Weel jist mind, no' to leave it too late Islay ...

Up until now, you have managed to avoid the annual "Human Harvest Sacrificial Burning" ...

But even as we speak, the locals will be stocking up on the Coops Firelighters...BOGOF :excited:

• Funny 1

32 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

No need.

I am currently sitting on the Calmac ferry making my way to Dens for the Hibs game this Friday evening.

With this new information you have now divulged Islay,

Initial Mission Will now be aborted :)

Now newly directed to Ferry Route :jawdrop:

Passengers, Run to Muster Station :tears:

Panic & Fierce Fights, at Lifeboats :rant:

Mysterious Figure last seen, rowing at great speed away from Target Point ...

His heroic parting words (barely heard above the screams) I'll go for help  :bye:

• Funny 2

22 hours ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Sandeman,

I will give you a tip. 

If you do not like what I post then just ignore it but please do not try to spoil it for everyone else. 

Posts like this certainly discourages me from setting up new topics even on the General News section. 

my post was an attempt at some light hearted  humour and no to be taken serious. sorry if it offended wasn't meaning any disrespect to you 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sandeman said:

my post was an attempt at some light hearted  humour and no to be taken serious. sorry if it offended wasn't meaning any disrespect to you 

Hi Sandeman,

That is no problem. 

I see that you are a relatively new member of this forum. I will see from my posts that I do not normally do humour.

9 hours ago, Gedee said:

With this new information you have now divulged Islay,

Initial Mission Will now be aborted :)

Now newly directed to Ferry Route :jawdrop:

Passengers, Run to Muster Station :tears:

Panic & Fierce Fights, at Lifeboats :rant:

Mysterious Figure last seen, rowing at great speed away from Target Point ...

His heroic parting words (barely heard above the screams) I'll go for help  :bye:

Hi Gedee, 

I was a bumpy crossing thanks to it being wet and windy last night and a full moon.

10 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Good on you, Islay 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

You’ll be there in plenty time me thinks.

Hi Boba,

If your are travelling from Islay to the Mainland for a football match or attending a concert you have to book your ferry at least 24 hours in advance in case the ferries are cancelled due to windy weather or a ferry breaks down. 

Last night I was a bit concerned that due to the windy weather that today’s morning sailing from Port Ellen to Kennacraig would be cancelled. 

If that happens then your car has to be booked onto the next available sailing which could be Friday if all the other ferries from Islay to Kennacraig are fully booked from Wednesday afternoon until Thursday evening. It is unlikely that this would happen at this time of the year but you cannot be sure. 

It is a an early start (for me) getting up at 7.15am and driving from Kennacraig to Dundee arriving after 4pm. One of the joys of living on Islay. 

Adblock Detected