Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Time To Stamp This Shit Out of Football.

Well said Steve Clarke.

About time Rangers and Celtic were fined or worse for this shite which others fans hear and have to put up with week in and week out. If both these clubs don't have the bottle to stop their fans, then maybe the police and the courts should be given more power to deal with this pish.

Sectarianism needs to stop, whether it is in football or elsewhere and the rest of Scotland should the these two Glasgow Teams that it will not be tolerated elsewhere.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

No point punishing the clubs, punish the fans who are doing this crap. I doubt even the 'snowflakes' are actually offended by what's being said but its the intent. If the police feel unable to prevent 50,000 fans singing this stuff then knock 5,000 off the home crowd for safety reasons, if it still persists, knock another 5,000 off the home crowd..... I know its not easy with ST's but I'm sure there are conditions attached to ST's.

I hate using blunt instruments to fix this but there's only so much the clubs can do. Ideally the police would step up and do what they're supposed to and stop pished folk getting into the ground in the first place, they'd rather let people in than deal with the immediate issue of confronting a large number of drunk and angry people. When they're in the ground if the police feel they're not able to stop people 'offending' then this is where limiting supporters to a level that the police feel they can deal with. 

If the Scottish Parliament/Police genuinely want to put this embarrassing crap to bed then it will take tough measures but target the perpetrators, make the people chanting this stuff accountable, it might be difficult but that shouldn't be a barrier in itself. If they just want to be seen to be doing something about it then aye, punish the clubs but its hardly right and unlikely to work if your 'thang' is losing your sh1t at the football and shouting hateful crap. Eventually it might work if those that do care about the club report offenders but surely if this is such a burning issue the authorities would want to do it sooner rather than later, pity it will require a bit of effort.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Clarke is a master at deflection. He says he was proud that his son grew up in London where this sort of thing doesn't go on and his son didn't have to see it.

Aye - it's much better bringing your son up in a gun totting racist hellhole, Steve. 

Rangers, Celtic and I've even seem Kilmarnock fans (even ours) being guilty of sectarian abuse and it needs squashed. It's not an Old Firm specific problem.

25 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Clarke is a master at deflection. He says he was proud that his son grew up in London where this sort of thing doesn't go on and his son didn't have to see it.

Aye - it's much better bringing your son up in a gun totting racist hellhole, Steve. 

Rangers, Celtic and I've even seem Kilmarnock fans (even ours) being guilty of sectarian abuse and it needs squashed. It's not an Old Firm specific problem.

The thing is, I have only ever openly heard this from Rangers and Celtic fans at games. Regardless of where it is coming from, it has no place in Scottish football!

Guys, do you not think the authorities (SPFL) could sort this out if they wanted to?

Initially, discussion and warnings of what sanctions will be handed out if its not addressed by teams spouting sectarian pish.

If not adhered to, points deduction in the first instance. Then, another points deduction if it's repeated. 

Lastly, if still repeated, play behind closed doors - 50,000 unhappy chappies not getting to sing their songs, peddle their pish and, importantly, less cash in the club coffers.

Maybe then, we'll get somewhere.

(I know, dream on )

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Guys, do you not think the authorities (SPFL) could sort this out if they wanted to?

Initially, discussion and warnings of what sanctions will be handed out if its not addressed by teams spouting sectarian pish.

If not adhered to, points deduction in the first instance. Then, another points deduction if it's repeated. 

Lastly, if still repeated, play behind closed doors - 50,000 unhappy chappies not getting to sing their songs, peddle their pish and, importantly, less cash in the club coffers.

Maybe then, we'll get somewhere.

(I know, dream on )

The problem is this, because Celtic and Rangers are the teams which Sky Sports (and BT Sports to a lesser extent) only want to show and bring in the money, the Scottish bodies are too scared to upset the cash cows of Scotland. If this were other teams like Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs for example, they would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The problem is this, because Celtic and Rangers are the teams which Sky Sports (and BT Sports to a lesser extent) only want to show and bring in the money, the Scottish bodies are too scared to upset the cash cows of Scotland. If this were other teams like Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs for example, they would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

Absolutely. 

Similar to the standing in seated areas at grounds. Police/stewards etc don't have the temerity to ask hordes of old firm fans to sit down at grounds around the country. But, when 150 dees at Porkheid or Castle Greyskull stretch their legs by standing, in like a shot. 

"Sit or you're out."

😦

10 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Absolutely. 

Similar to the standing in seated areas at grounds. Police/stewards etc don't have the temerity to ask hordes of old firm fans to sit down at grounds around the country. But, when 150 dees at Porkheid or Castle Greyskull stretch their legs by standing, in like a shot. 

"Sit or you're out."

😦

Watch any game just about in any league and you’ll see the away support standing for the entire match. 4000 plus Man U supporters at Stamford bridge on Monday night for example. It’s something that’s always infuriated me as you say when going to either of the ugly sisters grounds when 20 yards away the home support do as they please yet we the minority are hammered with the rules and threatened to be kicked out. 😡

Back on topic 😉

I commend Clarke to be honest, nothing is ever going to change if we all sit and accept the pathetic behaviour as “it’s alwys been like that” at least he has the balls to come out and talk about it. If only more senior figures within the game did the same we might actually force a change one day

Adblock Detected