The Dark Blues
Cobra

Relegation Battle

Rate this topic

Our next three games are Rangers away, Hearts home and Celtic home. Those three fixtures earlier in the season saw us lose three, score none and concede 12. We should improve on that but 0 points or 1 point seems likely.

Given that St Mirren are playing good stuff and nearly won at Pittodrie and Tynecastle, you'd have to expect them to take 4-7 points minimum from their games against Livi, Killie and St Johnstone.

Therefore, it looks likely we'll be bottom of the league when we visit Paisley. Some stressful weeks ahead I fear.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Our next three games are Rangers away, Hearts home and Celtic home. Those three fixtures earlier in the season saw us lose three, score none and concede 12. We should improve on that but 0 points or 1 point seems likely.

Given that St Mirren are playing good stuff and nearly won at Pittodrie and Tynecastle, you'd have to expect them to take 4-7 points minimum from their games against Livi, Killie and St Johnstone.

Therefore, it looks likely we'll be bottom of the league when we visit Paisley. Some stressful weeks ahead I fear.

I’d be shook if st Mirren improve that much to achieve that. They’ve had a couple of points gained from playing a bit better but think they will lose to saints and killie at the least. Can’t see more than a point off livi who will be looking to get out of their bad patch. But stressful few weeks , oh my Lordy yes

Aberdeen's home games since Christmas...

- lost to Celtic, conceded 4
- failed to beat Stenhousemuir
- failed to beat Killie
- lost to Rangers, conceded 4
- beat Queens but it was 1-1 after an hour
- failed to beat St Mirren and lucky to get a point
- lost to Hamilton

I suppose it's been coming. Unfortunately they've won their last seven away games so will probably claim their usual win at Dens in five weeks.

Games before split:

Home v Hearts

Home v Celtic

Away v St Mirren

Home v Aberdeen

Away v St Johnstone

Post Split (Guessing)

v St Mirren

v Hamilton

v Livingston

v Motherwell

v St Johnstone

Probably 2 home and 3 away after split. What points do we need to be safe in 10th? I would say we need a minimum of 13 points.  Oh oh, I am getting worried 😞

16 minutes ago, GordonDee said:

Games before split:

Home v Hearts

Home v Celtic

Away v St Mirren

Home v Aberdeen

Away v St Johnstone

Post Split (Guessing)

v St Mirren

v Hamilton

v Livingston

v Motherwell

v St Johnstone

Probably 2 home and 3 away after split. What points do we need to be safe in 10th? I would say we need a minimum of 13 points.  Oh oh, I am getting worried 😞

If that’s the bottom 6 imo we will get 3 at home and 2 away as we will have played all bar Well away twice already. 

deing

horsefield      davis  macgowan   ralph

dales      woods robson    wright

curran    nelson

all fit and I honestly think we have enough to get out of the sh**e we find ourselves in 

• Like 2

Valentke, with our home record I would probably prefer the away games!

One thing that this league has taught us is expect the unexpected. Just because St Mirren and Hamilton have had good results doesn't mean they are both about to pull away. We also had a good run yet find ourselves back in the Playoff spot after pegging Hamilton back. The 3 teams are where we are because we have been poor all season. A couple results isn't going to change that and I doubt one club is away to go on a run of form that they have failed to manage all season. A lot of matter of fact about outcomes with still plenty football before the split. Just need to take it one games at a time

• Like 1

Games before split:

Home v Hearts - Points 1

Home v Celtic- Points 0

Away v St Mirren- Points 3

Home v Aberdeen- Points 0

Away v St Johnstone- Points 1

Post Split (Guessing)

v St Mirren- Points 3

v Hamilton - Points 3

v Livingston- Points 1

v Motherwell- Points 0

v St Johnstone- Points 3

This is what I think we need (hopefully will) do, the 5 games after the split we need a minimum of 9 points, this is going right down to the wire.....

I think we will get 10 points before the split'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

I think we will get 10 points before the split'

i gave you a "like" for your positive post. Have been worrying about going into the split and managing to be in 11th place. Great stuff, going to get my tickets for Hearts game !! 

11 minutes ago, BCram said:

i gave you a "like" for your positive post. Have been worrying about going into the split and managing to be in 11th place. Great stuff, going to get my tickets for Hearts game !! 

I think we will beat  Hearts, st mirren , st Johnston, draw with aberdeen, 

• Wowzer 1

thing ive noticed this season is teams like Hamilton,st mirren pick up unexpected points due to the opposition being bloody dreadful on the day...apart from the 1-1 v rangers I cant remember the last time celtic played us and had an off day....somebody pointed out aberdeens woeful home record this season....we go there and get pumped 5-1 and mcinnes describing it as their best performance of the season.

3 hours ago, charliedee said:

thing ive noticed this season is teams like Hamilton,st mirren pick up unexpected points due to the opposition being bloody dreadful on the day...apart from the 1-1 v rangers I cant remember the last time celtic played us and had an off day....somebody pointed out aberdeens woeful home record this season....we go there and get pumped 5-1 and mcinnes describing it as their best performance of the season.

Aberdeen were much more worried about their cup game than a virtually meaningless game, to them, against the near bottom of the league Accies. We need to hope they are still in the cup and have given up on trying to catch Rangers.

Keep starting Martin Woods we deserve relegated.

• Star Post 1

9 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Keep starting Martin Woods we deserve relegated.

Sounds like he is suspended for Hearts game so we’ll see how we get on without him 

30 minutes ago, dblair said:

Sounds like he is suspended

image.thumb.jpeg.0bc84aba4645c71a074b4967c805aa68.jpeg

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, dblair said:

Sounds like he is suspended for Hearts game so we’ll see how we get on without him 

Sorry I think it is the Celtic game he is suspended for.

4 minutes ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Sorry I think it is the Celtic game he is suspended for.

No need for an apology mate! I’m the one who got it wrong. Assumed he’d miss the next fixture but bizarrely it doesn’t kick in until 14 days after amassing the points 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 21:04, Valentke said:

If that’s the bottom 6 imo we will get 3 at home and 2 away as we will have played all bar Well away twice already. 

We will have one of our home games switched to away to give us an even 19 home 19 away season. This happens most seasons. We have in the past been given a 20 home 18 away season because the top 6/bottom 6 make up meant that one team in the bottom 6 would have to get a 20/18 season matched by a top 6 side having an 18/20 season. There may a problem again this season with the make up of the bottom 6 as guessed in foregoing posts but this season it would result in one team in the bottom 6 getting an 18/20 season. We can take comfort that it will not be us as an 18/20 season would result in us getting only 1 home game after the split. That will not happen but there is no way at all that we will end up with more than 2 home games after the split. What games we are left with after the split will be up to the SPFL to decide but they will likely change to away the game less likely to have an effect on the bottom 3 therefore we may have to visit Livi for a third time. Given our home form I don't know if getting a team at Dens is much of an advantage!

All square at the break in Paisley. Another clean sheet for that tight Livi defence would be very welcome.

Former dab Erksine missed a sitter for Livi and now Saints have the wind behind them in the second half. 

Almost 1-0 St Mirren. Kelly saves shot from Flynn. Rebound hits Jackson and goes over the bar.

Jackson shoots wide as Saints chase later winner. Goalless with 10 minutes left.