Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Hearts

Cobra

Dundee v Hearts  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting on Saturday against the Jambos?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI if fit?

3. 3. How will Dundee's season end?

• Tenth place
    • Success in the play-offs
    • Failure in the play-offs
    • Bottom

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, harry94 said:

I don't think it's at all certain Miller will be on the bench tbh. Very different circumstances tomorrow, I could definitely see why McIntyre would think it would be a waste of time playing him at Ibrox.

Well we've played seven league games in 2019 and Miller has yet to start despite our injury woes.

Starting forwards...

v Hearts - Nelson and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Motherwell - Nelson and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Hamilton - Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench, Nelson injured
v Killie - Nelson, Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Livi - Nelson, Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Hibs - Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench, Nelson injured
v Rangers - Wright starts, Miller on bench, Nelson and Curran injured

Given that Miller has 0% of league games while Nelson, Wright and Curran have all started 100% of games when fit, it seems likely to me that JM will start whichever new signings are available with KM as sub.

Just had a look at their forum and their line up is likely going to look something resembling this.

Zlamal 

Godhino Souttar Berra Garuccio 

Clare Haring Djoum Mulraney 

Ikpeazu Keena 

I think that's a pretty average team bar a few decent players who can blow hot and cold, so they shouldn't be coming here and winning comfortably. Naismith being out is a massive bonus, Ikpeazu is a big handful and will give our defenders a hard time but doesn't score a lot of goals. 

We really need to be winning, but I'd probably take a draw now if offered. Needless to say a loss would be disastrous.  

Judging by the St Mirren game all Hearts can do right now is launch the ball into the box as they don't seem to have any creativity. If our centre-backs can deal with the bombardment (like they did in the 0-0 draw v Livi) we can keep a clean sheet and hopefully nick a goal at the other end.

Need Miller on from the start IMO. we have to get a goal threat right from the start, it helps to keep opposition wing backs a bit deeper and takes a wee bit of pressure off the defenders. Also need to get a bit of pressure on the opposition as soon as they get the ball.we see week in week out how effective our opponents are at putting pressure on our players especially in our own half. We need a trio to put pressure in our opponent's half and the others to make sure that they track back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Well we've played seven league games in 2019 and Miller has yet to start despite our injury woes.

Starting forwards...

v Hearts - Nelson and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Motherwell - Nelson and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Hamilton - Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench, Nelson injured
v Killie - Nelson, Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Livi - Nelson, Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench
v Hibs - Wright and Curran start, Miller on bench, Nelson injured
v Rangers - Wright starts, Miller on bench, Nelson and Curran injured

Given that Miller has 0% of league games while Nelson, Wright and Curran have all started 100% of games when fit, it seems likely to me that JM will start whichever new signings are available with KM as sub.

It could work like that but tbh, I don't think Kenny Miller and Curran work well together and it's not looked good in the brief time we've seen. I think it's maybe been a case of the best option being one or the other and Curran just bringing too much in terms of being a big physical brute and having that sort of intensity.

Rangers is the only one which doesn't follow that theory but I think that night, the consideration was maybe that our furthest forward player would spend the vast majority of the game pressing so there was maybe logic in thinking that putting Wright up top with stamina and pace on the counter was a better option than a striker nearing 40 and expect them to play at that intensity.

It might work out like that but I would actually be a wee bit surprised if he doesn't start the game although I've not got any evidence to back up that feeling. I think without Curran, the preferred option will work out to be Miller but without Nelson, the preference would be for another attacking midfielder (like Wright pushing further forward - brings that pace and explosive energy). It'll be interesting to see how we go tomorrow anyway.

• Like 1

hope they have had some actual training that helps them to deliver a sound defensive display. I'm fed up reading, after poor displays, and that's a euphemism,  about how disappointed the team, the manager was that they played so poorly because they failed to deliver tactics that they talked about. This is a really big game and is essential that we have a great crowd and buzzing atmosphere right at the start. We have to defend better by playing more of the game in our opponent's half of the pitch. 

Adblock Detected