The Dark Blues
Gedee

Gerry Follon (Ex Dundee Player & School Teacher)

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Mr Vigrow  died from a heart attack about three years after I spoke to him in B &Q in 2004. 

I hope you don't blame yourself too much for that, Islay!

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, HK Blues said:

HK  ... THATS A BIT HARSH :happyno:

But  I think Islay wid be the first,

Tae hud his hand up and accept,

he had some responsibility:chaplin:

(Jist keepin ye on yir toes Islay)

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Hi HK Blues. 

I certainly do not. 

You will have read one of my earlier posts which stated that I told him that he was one of the better teachers when I was a pupil at the Morgan while most of them were b*****ds.

Mr Vigrow always looked very fit and he was into running in a big way. 

My father who died last year aged 91 used to say ‘Everything in moderation, exercise for the mugs’ 

Mr Vigrow might still be alive if he had adopted my father’s saying.

19 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi HK Blues. 

I certainly do not. 

You will have read one of my earlier posts which stated that I told him that he was one of the better teachers when I was a pupil at the Morgan while most of them were b*****ds.

Mr Vigrow always looked very fit and he was into running in a big way. 

My father who died last year aged 91 used to say ‘Everything in moderation, exercise for the mugs’ 

Mr Vigrow might still be alive if he had adopted my father’s saying.

Was your father's saying something along the lines of "Never talk to strangers (especially in B&Q)"? 😉

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

Was your father's saying something along the lines of "Never talk to strangers (especially in B&Q)"? 😉

Does your comment above HK, have any sexual connotation to their DIY Policy? ;)

With the emphasis on "Do it yourself" ... I always felt some staff a little abrupt, when,

because of my age,I asked for a "wee help" That said, some were very forthcoming.

2 hours ago, Gedee said:

With the emphasis on "Do it yourself" ... I always felt some staff a little abrupt, when,

because of my age,I asked for a "wee help" That said, some were very forthcoming.

It hadn't crossed my mind, but now you mention it Gedee...

Edited by HK Blues

4 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Hi HK,

Things must be slow on this forum if you are trying to read too much into my father’s saying. Your are needing the Dundee Mad poster Taintedice  to start posting on the DBF and he will soon start to ‘rattle a few cages’ with his comments which are a lot of rubbish.

If you had previously read one of my original posts on this topic you would have discovered that my father was a PE teacher hence his saying ‘Everything in moderation, exercise for the mugs’.

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

It hadn't crossed my mind, but now you mention it Gedee...

"B&Q to cut discounts for over 60s and stop anyone else joining the scheme"

TBH It was getting oot o hand ... Eh went doon early one Wednesday And eh could hardly get intae the door for awe these zimmers ... Scattered aboot awe ower the place :explode:

When eh finally got in, there wis awe these Dottled Auld Pensioners wi their breeks doon tae their knees, screaming at these puir B&Q staff, that they needed asssistance :jawdrop:

1 hour ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi HK,

Things must be slow on this forum if you are trying to read too much into my father’s saying. Your are needing the Dundee Mad poster Taintedice  to start posting on the DBF and he will soon start to ‘rattle a few cages’ with his comments which are a lot of rubbish.

If you had previously read one of my original posts on this topic you would have discovered that my father was a PE teacher hence his saying ‘Everything in moderation, exercise for the mugs’.

Islay, this may or may not be the first time you have been told this 😉 - the content of my post was not entirely serious! 

55 minutes ago, Gedee said:

there wis awe these Dottled Auld Pensioners wi their breeks doon tae their knees...

I'm sure more than their breeks were doon tae their knees, the famale ones at least, Gedee! 

• Funny 1

On 09/03/2019 at 23:07, islaydarkblue said:

I thought that you were in my economics class. 

Your memory's better than mine, Dougie. I must have failed Economics the previous year as well. 😀

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

"B&Q to cut discounts for over 60s and stop anyone else joining the scheme"

TBH It was getting oot o hand ... Eh went doon early one Wednesday And eh could hardly get intae the door for awe these zimmers ... Scattered aboot awe ower the place :explode:

When eh finally got in, there wis awe these Dottled Auld Pensioners wi their breeks doon tae their knees, screaming at these puir B&Q staff, that they needed asssistance :jawdrop:

Hi Gedee,

I think the reason that B & Q stopped the Diamond card giving 10% off for the over on a Wednesday was that everybody who qualified did their shopping at B & Q on a Wednesday. 

Prior to me qualifying for my Diamond card I used to get my father to go with me on a Wednesday so I could get my 10% off using his card and there  were plenty of other people who did exactly the same. 

27 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

Islay, this may or may not be the first time you have been told this 😉 - the content of my post was not entirely serious! 

Hi HK. 

You should know by now that I do not do humour. 

13 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Your memory's better than mine, Dougie. I must have failed Economics the previous year as well. 😀

If you were at the school nowadays a D or an E would probably count as a pass. 

26 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

C'mon Den' ... Try and keep the high standards up please :explode:

(I've been trying very hard to raise the quality & standard of the posts on this forum) :wacko:

21 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Gedee,

I think the reason that B & Q stopped the Diamond card giving 10% off for the over on a Wednesday was that everybody who qualified did their shopping at B & Q on a Wednesday. 

Prior to me qualifying for my Diamond card I used to get my father to go with me on a Wednesday so I could get my 10% off using his card and there  were plenty of other people who did exactly the same. 

Islay, Think there may be some truth in your comment above

However, Auld Men wanderin aboot aimlessly  (or more likely)

In a frothy frenzy) wi their breeks aroond their ankles wis NOT

the image,  B&Q were trying to promote to their clientelle:chaplin:

(Diamond Card or not, they have to draw the line somewhere)

16 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi HK. 

You should know by now that I do not do humour. 

Good Morning Islay

You should know by now that I do do humour 😉

2 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Good Morning Islay

You said "do do" .......

bml.gif

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Good Morning Islay

Hi HK ,

To save any problems you should do what another poster here does. Put in brackets (only joking Islay) when you are replying to one of my posts. At present I do not know if you are having ‘a pop’ at me or not. 

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi HK ,

To save any problems you should do what another poster here does. Put in brackets (only joking Islay) when you are replying to one of my posts. At present I do not know if you are having ‘a pop’ at me or not. 

That would spoil the fun, Islay! 

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, HK Blues said:

That would spoil the fun, Islay! 

For the record, there's no need for anyone to tell me if they're joking or not, being a fully working grown up (sort off :lol:) I'll have a go at figuring it out for myself. 👍

• Love 1

9 hours ago, chomp my root said:

For the record, there's no need for anyone to tell me if they're joking or not, being a fully working grown up (sort off :lol:) I'll have a go at figuring it out for myself. 👍

Are you serious! 

😉

• Funny 1

On 11/03/2019 at 08:37, Gedee said:

Understandable though Gedee considering you asked them to lay the patio you just bought and wallpaper the bedroom when they finish that!😂😂

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, chomp my root said:

For the record, there's no need for anyone to tell me if they're joking or not, being a fully working grown up (sort off ) I'll have a go at figuring it out for myself. 👍

My own attitude and approach is somewhat similar to your own Chomp ...

Making use all my past life experiences, & high level powers of reasoning :wacko:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Understandable though Gedee considering you asked them to lay the patio you just bought and wallpaper the bedroom when they finish that!😂😂

Abernethy my friend ... You may not recall me mentioning on here a couple of years back, eh took a tumble of the top of one of my sheds while repairing the roof. Both the building of the shed & the subsequent roof repairs, were "another one of my DIY jobs" that resulted in injury. No need to go into any more detail, as I tried to make light/& fun of it (aided & abetted by chomp, janny & a few daft ithers fae the mental squad ...you probably were one) I can't remember all the advice I received .... But one of the supporting comments, was fae the Janny. It appeared he was great fan of the "Auld Westerns" & his manly advice was along the lines of ... "Jist bite the bullet & forget aboot it & get on wi' yir life"

I remember  a week or so after, whilst laying in a bed in hospital  wi a swollen leg twice the size o' the ither ain, a stitched up wound in my leg/bum region (whar a sharp rock had gouged the skin & subsequenty turned septic) & medical staff discussing what seemingly was now a gangrene infection ...There was a question of should they continue with the penicillin injections course, before making the "ultimate decision" ... What direction the conversation took after that, I cannot be sure, because when the discussion reached the "ultimate decision" stage I fainted)

The good news however was I finally made a full recovery & retained my leg ... And "ither bits"

I've learned my lesson now & get the "professionals" to do the jobs about the house & garden.

In an effort to keep cost down, I sell my body as part payment ... (Always in high demand):excited:

• Funny 1