The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Darian MacKinnon Complaining About Dundee Fans Again!

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, dblair said:

No they never. Second paragraph  

MacKinnon had clattered Dundee's goal-scorer Matt Henvey with a thumping tackle that would end the teenage striker's season and injured himself in the process, enraging the away fans. While he was off receiving treatment, Dundee scored a stoppage-time winner.

Said nothing about that when I read it this morning, hence the reason why I said it.

16 hours ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

The only thing that bothers me in that article is that one of our supporters phoned Hamilton to apologise. 

f**k them. 

This was in  McKinnon’s statement to the press, could take that with a pinch of salt, notice that McKinnon didn’t contact Henvy which speaks volumes for his character, looking forward to our next game against them. 

• Like 1

I hope the young players he is working with don't try to end another young player's career the way he did to Henvey who just hasn't been the same since that horror tackle.  He has shown no sympathy whatsoever for the laddie he tried to hurt.  What an odious individual.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 08:11, harry94 said:

I know I'm going to be alone in this but on reflection, I personally think he didn't mean to hurt Henvey. It would have been a really really stupid tackle to make in that area and cost them the game.

The conditions were horrific with the wind and rain so I could see how someone could do something like that - I remember Ben Hutchinson for us trying to put pressure on the Dunfermline 'keeper in similar weather and then shattering the guys leg in multiple places. The fact that he come off pretty badly himself too suggests that he made a challenge which he then lost control of. It should have been a sending off as it was very reckless but I don't think that always means that someone has actually meant to hurt.

He's obviously got the history and he's a bit of a nutter but I don't really think that sort of thing fits his previous style either. He's certainly combative seems more like he has wee tantrums and gets into trouble for handbags more than anything else.

Sorry but  I totally disagree .

For anyone who has ever kicked a ball at any sort of decent level you will know he's not looking to get to the ball here , there's zero attempt to get to the ball whatsoever , in fact he's not even close !

He is saying in the interview himself that he is a self proclaimed animal who will do whatever it takes to win and clearly if that means showing any sort of regard for the safety of a fellow pro or indeed potentially ending a young lads career then so be it !

That challenge is horrendous and is nowhere near the ball ,  and he could have ended the career of a promising young player very easily .

He is a prick and has some brass neck looking to play the sympathy card here .

I wouldn't want to see any player lose their career but had that been the case  following this incident then As far as I'm concerned he would have got what he deserved and gets zero sympathy from me !

Edited by DBDU
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, DBDU said:

Sorry but  I totally disagree .

For anyone who has ever kicked a ball at any sort of decent level you will know he's not looking to get to the ball here , there's zero attempt to get to the ball whatsoever , in fact he's not even close !

You can't assess someone's intent from a picture of where they end up.

I assessed it from watching the footage of it Harry not from the picture although the picture further cemented what I already seen  .

the point stands  , he is simply nowhere near the ball nor is his intent to get the ball , you DO NOT go in to a challenge like that if you were looking to get the ball .

An absolutely horrendous challenge 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DBDU said:

I assessed it from watching the footage of it Harry not from the picture although the picture further cemented what I already seen  .

the point stands  , he is simply nowhere near the ball nor is his intent to get the ball , you DO NOT go in to a challenge like that if you were looking to get the ball .

An absolutely horrendous challenge 

The footage isn't on Youtube so I can't bring it up but that's not what my recollection was from the video.

The ball was within MacKinnon's range and his left foot slipped on the surface so he went backwards and slipped as he went for it, the ball also abruptly changed direction and speed. Just ask yourself, why hell would an experienced player like that decide to injure a young layer in that way? Much easier ways to do it than in the box and sight of two officials and the conditions putting yourself at serious risk. If he wanted to injure him, he'd have just went in for a challenge at another place on the park and make sure he put a good stamp on him.

Respectable Matt Lockwood did something similar to a young Falkirk player and a few Falkirk fans were pretty disgusted at him but generally speaking, his reputation as a good pro meant that the incident was put to bed, his was far worse actually and could have broken the guys neck. If it's a player like Gowser, MacKinnon, Brown etc; they get treated a bit differently because there's that perception is there.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:27, harry94 said:

The footage isn't on Youtube so I can't bring it up but that's not what my recollection was from the video.

The ball was within MacKinnon's range and his left foot slipped on the surface so he went backwards and slipped as he went for it, the ball also abruptly changed direction and speed. Just ask yourself, why hell would an experienced player like that decide to injure a young layer in that way? Much easier ways to do it than in the box and sight of two officials and the conditions putting yourself at serious risk. If he wanted to injure him, he'd have just went in for a challenge at another place on the park and make sure he put a good stamp on him.

Respectable Matt Lockwood did something similar to a young Falkirk player and a few Falkirk fans were pretty disgusted at him but generally speaking, his reputation as a good pro meant that the incident was put to bed, his was far worse actually and could have broken the guys neck. If it's a player like Gowser, MacKinnon, Brown etc; they get treated a bit differently because there's that perception is there.

The difference  being that matt Lockwood was ,as you rightly point out , a respectable Pro and such a challenge   would be totally out of character  where as this fella is a self proclaimed animal !! 

As for why he would do it well I'm afraid it happens all the time in the heat of the moment especially with volatile characters who suddenly are prone to seeing the red mist descend . Why did Graeme Souness break Siggi Johnsons leg , why  did Roy Keane end the career of Alfie Haaland , why did Vinnie Jones go straight through steve Mcmahon early doors in the FA Cup final when Wimbledon beat Liverpool ?? 

The guy is a complete clown ,it was a horrendous challenge and he  is nowhere near the ball !

How can he be an animal when the referee saw nothing wrong with the challenge-it was just outside thd 6 yard box and the referee waved play on.

Says it all about the refereeing standard-does anyone know who he was.

• Like 1