Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

City Football Group

Last month they bought Chinese second division club Sichuan Jiuniu and next they're going to snap up an Indian team. They already have Man City, New York City, Melbourne City, Yokohama of Japan, Torque of Uruguay and Girona of Spain.

They continue to look for "new markets and countries where there is a genuine football passion and opportunities" and I'm wondering if they will extend their network to Scotland. We don't lack passion and history but obviously opportunity is limited. Given Scotland's proximity to Manchester and given Scotland is bigger than Uruguay I don't think we can rule it out.

Would we welcome Abu Dhabi's influence in Dundee if they were to say take an interest in DFC and the new stadium? Purely hypothetical at the moment but I wonder if we'd be thrilled at the possibility of becoming more competitive or whether the human rights issue would put folk off.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Last month they bought Chinese second division club Sichuan Jiuniu and next they're going to snap up an Indian team. They already have Man City, New York City, Melbourne City, Yokohama of Japan, Torque of Uruguay and Girona of Spain.

They continue to look for "new markets and countries where there is a genuine football passion and opportunities" and I'm wondering if they will extend their network to Scotland. We don't lack passion and history but obviously opportunity is limited. Given Scotland's proximity to Manchester and given Scotland is bigger than Uruguay I don't think we can rule it out.

Would we welcome Abu Dhabi's influence in Dundee if they were to say take an interest in DFC and the new stadium? Purely hypothetical at the moment but I wonder if we'd be thrilled at the possibility of becoming more competitive or whether the human rights issue would put folk off.

Interesting theory, Cobra, with TK/JN still seeking investors....though would we no' need to change our name to Dundee City?  :stop:  

7 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Interesting theory, Cobra, with TK/JN still seeking investors....though would we no' need to change our name to Dundee City?  :stop:  

If I'm not mistaken Woodstein, DFC attempted to change the club's name to Dundee City circa 1990 (to differentiate ourselves from United) and it was rejected, but maybe I dreamt it or misremembered. Can someone confirm or deny that happened?

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

If I'm not mistaken Woodstein, DFC attempted to change the club's name to Dundee City circa 1990 (to differentiate ourselves from United) and it was rejected, but maybe I dreamt it or misremembered. Can someone confirm or deny that happened?

I might not be recalling this too accurately, as I was abroad at that time, but I think this was maybe around the time of the threat of 'merger'?....I'm sure someone will know the details.

This reminds me that, while recently looking for a Dundee-based building firm's details, I happened to find this 'curious' company, created in 2016....

I've omitted the owner's details, but all the info, incl 2 years 'accounts' (just £100 in shares/bank) can be found here....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC524415

image.png.7d5050344258593fbec6d21d1ab7ae8f.png

image.png.95d0e8e114fafd5051f5269605cba018.png

I guess this is what you might call 'a speculative investment', hoping someone might be wanting to buy the company name soon :)  

Adblock Detected