Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

FPS Share Statement On Official.

Parcbara

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, BCram said:

Can't read the letter. Where does the different values £8k and £140 come in?

Will reserve judgement until I can read the letter. You would think that the shares are valueless to anyone but FPS., but the second option might not be so daft because the club would get the £140k rather than DFCSS getting £8k. DFCSS could spend their money buying shares and strengthen the club's Balance Sheet.

1 hour ago, Dundeefc93 said:

I will give you 10 for them

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

First come, first served - you're too late.

Aye, but Dundeefc93 hasn't yet said 10 of 'what' it is he's offering....might even be '10 arab players'? (though I can't see how that could trump £8.5k....this could go to an online auction ;) 

As a side issue to this, I have always wanted to own some shares in Dundee. Is there any way to get some? Doesn't have  to be many. And they would never be sold on. Or are they impossible to get now? Anyone who understands shares able to advise?

14 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

As a side issue to this, I have always wanted to own some shares in Dundee. Is there any way to get some? Doesn't have  to be many. And they would never be sold on. Or are they impossible to get now? Anyone who understands shares able to advise?

According to the Companies House website all the shares have been issued. You would have to persuade an existing shareholder to sell shares to you. 

I do not hold any shares in Dundee Football Club Limited. 

19 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

I enclose details of Shareholders FAQS which is available to read in Club section of the official website. https://dundeefc.co.uk/club/shareholders-faqs/

I have to say, as I understand it that yet again FPS are trying to ride roughshod over the Society. Happy to be proven wrong but it looks like they want to take advantage of the Society's members being broadly behind helping FPS achieve their aim of 75% ownership for tax purposes (or whatever) but wanting to do it on the cheap. Its possible the Society would have been amenable to some 'bulk buy' deal but if FPS are looking to pay buttons then they need to rethink their 'ahem' 'unique' offer to let The Society get more embedded in the the club infrastructure. It all seems very passive/aggressive but I'm not surprised.

Can't really understand this. If the sale of shares is to benefit Dundee Football Club which as far as I can see is the point of this deal why would the DFC SS wanted hold on to shares? Also why do some say that The price offered us buttons. What does DFCSS need more than £8000 for? Don't know anything about this but just feel that we should all get behind our club. The A Shares mean we keep control so let's sell them the ordinary ones and do it now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EuanG said:

Can't really understand this. If the sale of shares is to benefit Dundee Football Club which as far as I can see is the point of this deal why would the DFC SS wanted hold on to shares? Also why do some say that The price offered us buttons. What does DFCSS need more than £8000 for? Don't know anything about this but just feel that we should all get behind our club. The A Shares mean we keep control so let's sell them the ordinary ones and do it now. 

If you had a £50,000 car and somebody said they'd give you £5,000 for it just because they wanted it would you sell it to them?

Same thing, the shares have an intrinsic and known value, it's a bit insulting of FPS to offer a paltry amount for them just because they want them is it not? Completely irrelevant whether DFCSS want or need the cash.

4 minutes ago, EuanG said:

What is Dundee Football Club ?????

Not trying to be a dick but is it what the owners want ? The owners were happy to buy in to the current arrangement with the 'A' shares etc, within the last couple of months they've tried to get the 'A' shares and now they seem to want to get the ordinary shares that a fan organisation have on the cheap. Given our history its not surprising that the fan based organisation (while being supportive) is wary. 

I really hate being this cynical, I'm not by nature but while FPS have in a lot of ways been very generous owners, they seem hellbent on having absolute control and my concern is that it will make it easier to sell us on when they've had their wicked stadium/crem/development based way with us. Much easier to sell us on without the pesky vetoes in the background. Do your own research though, other opinions are available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dayster said:

Agree with Woodstein regarding 75% not really being an issue - entrenched rights are kept regardless. However i would still be concerned if the society sold 140k worth of shares for 8k. Of course that is why option 1 is FPS preferred option  - it saves them 132k

2 hours ago, Dayster said:

Nominal value of a DFC share is 1p. That’s the value they have purchased at to date including their debt to share transactions 

so the nominal value of the D4L shares is 140k, that’s how much it cost the supporters to purchase and how much FPS would need to invest at a share issue to get the required number

With those figures, Ross, this is a bigger decision for the DFCSS Board than I'd anticipated....I couldn't recall earlier what we'd paid for the shares, but that's a hell of a big difference! It's definitely hard to see this £8k as "a valuable injection of funds which could be used to support your activities"....especially when those activities are generally all aimed at being of benefit to DFC. 

I appreciate that FPS (TK/JN) are covering annual losses, which are well in excess of the £132k notional saving they would make from their proposed share purchase, so I guess the DFCSS Board's decision may rest on whether this is considered to be a rational 'offset', for the good of the Club.

I suspect any other shareholder would consider the £8k offer to be 'derisory'.   

[....I'm starting to wonder if FPS think Dundee fans are all 'buttoned up the back'] 

• Like 2

Adblock Detected