Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

FPS Share Statement On Official.

Parcbara

100% get the deal done for option A and move on.

End of the day we all want what’s best for DFC. IMO Whether they get 8k or 140k does it really matter, as the funds would just sit with DFCSS or be reinvested back into the club, thus taken away potential 140k of investment for a period of time, as I would assume DFCSS wouldn’t reinvest this all in one go. Seems some people are desperate for the club to be held back from any progress again IMO.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 minutes ago, paulitto said:

100% get the deal done for option A and move on.

End of the day we all want what’s best for DFC. IMO Whether they get 8k or 140k does it really matter, as the funds would just sit with DFCSS or be reinvested back into the club, thus taken away potential 140k of investment for a period of time, as I would assume DFCSS wouldn’t reinvest this all in one go. Seems some people are desperate for the club to be held back from any progress again IMO.

For me the best option is a share issue. FPS then need to put 140k into the club to purchase the shares.

pointless putting money into D4L coffers at this time

Club stands to gain more from a share issue than a private sale between D4L & FPS

lets remember FPS & DFC are not one and the same

i doubt anyone wants to hold the club back, everyone wants what’s best for it but that won’t always be whatever the owner at the time wants

Edited by Dayster
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Parcbara said:

Thank you @islaydarkblue. I don't know any shareholderss so sounds like that won't happen. Appreciate your response. I wanted to hand them down.

You know me. i have a nominal amount and have no one to hand them down to who cares. You can have em for free if you do the paperwork.

• Star Post 2

9 hours ago, Dayster said:

For me the best option is a share issue. FPS then need to put 140k into the club to purchase the shares.

Club stands to gain more from a share issue than a private sale between D4L & FPS

i doubt anyone wants to hold the club back, everyone wants what’s best for it but that won’t always be whatever the owner at the time wants

Whilst it would cost £140k to but the shares they need a share issue would likely cost them a lot more than that by the time you add legal fees on to have the share issue in the 1st place.

10 hours ago, Dayster said:

I see what you’re saying. But what’s to stop them putting in the 140k, and then taking it back out, say in the form of a directors bonus. In my opinion make it easy for them to acquire the shares, after all they have invested heavily already.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

16 minutes ago, Eric-sinclair said:

So the society want FPS to buy the shares for 140k?

The same FPS that have ploughed in millions and keeping our club alive?

Really!!!

Get it done and stop all this nonsense.

Not sure the Society have giving any indication on their position on this as yet?

• Like 1

".......This will enable FPS to claim Group Tax Relief and offset the trading losses of the club against its other business activities which will be helpful to FPS as part of its ongoing commitment to the club......."

Taking the reasoning at face value and losses now around half a million (net of significant transfer income), something has to be done.

5 minutes ago, Dayster said:

Not sure the Society have giving any indication on their position on this as yet?

Fair enough but you stated you would like them to buy the shares for this sum,surely we should all be working with them to do what is best for the club?I get the dfcss trying to protect the club from any mergers/takeovers etc but the way I read it these shares do not change that?If this is the case surely we should be working with the owners who have already proved themselves over the years.

• Like 2

I've made a point of emphatically stating, that when it comes to issues such as those being discussed, I know nothing.

(This no' some kind of false modesty ... Because I do believe that in some other areas of life, I have something to offer)

Occasionally I've read (even studied bit by bit) documents on shares  issues/agreements/leases. Jargon's beyond me.

I'm well beyond the stage of asking anyone to explain it to me. Because even  those who have taken the time to explain

"this stuff" in a manner a wee bairn wid understand ... I am still left totally bewildered. My only question is around DFC.

Like I'm sure may others, I am grateful for what FPS have done for our Club. They've NOT (imo)...Done all they promised.

But by & large they have done much better than "alright"...And may well go on to do much more. But yet, I still not totally

comfortable with them. Maybe I am being over suspicious/cynical, but at the back of my head, I keep thinking .. What are

they up to now? And why are they doing this? I've "give-up" on the idea of any kind of open communication from J NELMS.

It feels to me, that the only time we hear from JN/FPS, is when they want something from us ... BUT TO THIS QUESTION

If they decide to walk away/or sell. Before/or after Campie Compex's completed (if it happens) Where does that leave us?

Neither the DFCSS, or us (as I see it) have any funds to take over & continue to run our club ... So what do we do from there?

Can see why the idea of DFCSS/or us owning Dens is not viable (as we do not have funds & there's the issue of maintenance)

But although the idea of the Americans walking away & leaving us high & dry is unlikely ...

Do we have/need contingent plan, that will allow us to continue running the Club we love?

12 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

If you had a £50,000 car and somebody said they'd give you £5,000 for it just because they wanted it would you sell it to them?

Same thing, the shares have an intrinsic and known value, it's a bit insulting of FPS to offer a paltry amount for them just because they want them is it not? Completely irrelevant whether DFCSS want or need the cash.

Its not just "somebody" though is it.FPS have been bankrolling the club for the last few years and if it benefits the club surely all fans/societies should be willing to assist them.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected