Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Quality Education Is Important. but Is This 13% Pay Rise Realistic?

Gedee

30 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Incidentally I have ‘bigger fish to fry’ than posting in this forum. 

Yesterday I had a letter published in the Letters Page of the Business section of the Sunday Times regarding the demise of M & S. 

Good for you Islay ...

Sometimes eh wish eh was more knowledgable.

I feel there is a lot in my life, that passes me by :tears:

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
16 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Good for you Islay ...

Sometimes eh wish eh was more knowledgable.

I feel there is a lot in my life, that passes me by :tears:

I am happy to put my knowledge in print. 

In Islay the local prefer to discuss things in their own homes rather than complain to the relevant authorities. 

3 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

Out of interest was your suggestion that the number of teachers increased by 10% yours alone. 

Yes, I don't think that being paid more for doing a job that is really unsatisfactory in terms of job satisfaction will solve anything.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BCram said:

Yes, I don't think that being paid more for doing a job that is really unsatisfactory in terms of job satisfaction will solve anything.

If teachers do not like their job where they only work 39 weeks per year they could always look for another job which does not have thirteen weeks and one day holiday per year. 

22 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

If teachers do not like their job where they only work 39 weeks per year they could always look for another job which does not have thirteen weeks and one day holiday per year. 

That's exactly what they are doing. This is the point of making the job more rewarding in terms of job satisfaction rather than better paid but no change in the operating system.

5 minutes ago, BCram said:

That's exactly what they are doing. This is the point of making the job more rewarding in terms of job satisfaction rather than better paid but no change in the operating system.

Surely it is up to the teachers to tell their union leaders that they would rather have better job satisfaction than a big pay increase. I assume that a teacher’s pension is now calculated the same way as local authority staff on a  career average salary rather than their final salary. 

11 hours ago, BCram said:

Assumption is correct, (average salary times number of years service)/80

Say Average salary is £35k for 40 years then pension is 35k x 40 /80= £17.5k

Hi BCram,

I assume that the teachers are also entitled to a lump sum payment of one and a half times their average salary in addition to their pension £17.5K per annum. 

Adblock Detected