The Dark Blues
Gedee

Quality Education Is Important. but Is This 13% Pay Rise Realistic?

Rate this topic

My lad is a big daft chocolate Labrador. His name is Riley, although he answers to anything with the word food in it...

Sorry to hear about your dogs. Our Riley is 8 now and with his size, I know we only have a few years left. I'm not looking forward to that day, I can tell you.

Edited by andrak
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

IMG_20181224_083800-1.thumb.jpg.6b9e55bc5ad5dadf6d67d1ab13a579db.jpg

This pair of killers will have the face off you. Well one of them has done her cruciate and is in lockdown but the other one will happily pick up the slack.

Are these your dogs  Chomp?

What are their names & do they go hill-walking with you freend.

The first dog I got, when I married my first wife, was always on the lead. This one day, whilst doing a bit of hill-walking. I convinced my wife (it took about 2 hours) that oor dog would be fine off the lead ... And enjoy the freedom.

The only part of that I got right, was the last bit ... "aboot enjoying the freedom" it took us the rest of the day to find her. And I think I covered another unscheduled 10 to 15 miles looking for oor dog. When we finally found her Marlene (my first wife) never spoke to me for a week !!

In fact that was a blessing. As eh got a continuous earful fae the good lady,

during the all-day search, for being daft enough to suggest..."off the lead":excited:

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, andrak said:

My lad is a big daft chocolate Labrador. His name is Riley, although he answers to anything with the word food in it...

Sorry to hear about your dogs. Our Riley is 8 now and with his size, I know we only have a few years left. I'm not looking forward to that day, I can tell you.

Aye, as a rule the larger the dug the shorter they live. Mine are 5 (brother and sister, same litter) and the breed lives to about 10 although their mum died at 8 from cancer. These are my first dugs so I've not had to go through losing one but I'm dreading it.

3 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Are these your dogs  Chomp?

What are their names & do they go hill-walking with you freend.

The first dog I got, when I married my first wife, was always on the lead. This one day, whilst doing a bit of hill-walking. I convinced my wife (it took about 2 hours) that oor dog would be fine off the lead ... And enjoy the freedom.

The only part of that I got right, was the last bit ... "aboot enjoying the freedom" it took us the rest of the day to find her. And I think I covered another unscheduled 10 to 15 miles looking for oor dog. When we finally found her Marlene (my first wife) never spoke to me for a week !!

In fact that was a blessing. As eh got a continuous earful fae the good lady,

during the all-day search, for being daft enough to suggest..."off the lead":excited:

Aye, that's my pair, on the left Tara and on the right Bamse. I take Bam away with me sometimes, in fact he was away wild camping with me last night, T wouldn't thank me for that at the best of times but she's penned in with a bust (and expensive) cruciate injury, she's not taking it well as they're both pretty active, they usually get 3 to 4 hours a day out walking.

I wish I could find a way to get Her Maj to stop talking to me for a week....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, andrak said:

19 minutes ago, andrak said:

"....answers to anything with the word food in it..... " :lol2:

Aye it is hard to lose your dog (or dogs)

We were I suppose grateful, they lived a long full life, But although it wasn't a case of losing them together ... it did feel a bit like that ... as the four died over the space o a couple of years  Zara (cross lab) Molly  (cross cocker spaniel & Jack Russel) & Sam & Whisky ... Both Jack Russels.

(We all know death is inevitable) But it still aye comes as a shock, whether it's a person/friend/pet, whose very close & feels like a member of the family.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I wish I could find a way to get Her Maj to stop talking to me for a week...

Watch what you wish for Freend ...

I'm sure that week following the near loss in the hills of oor dog & the subsequent week of total silence, was when the strange voices in meh heid started.

I take the point about vet bills ... With having the 4 dogs who all reached a good age, no surprisingly they had their long period of (at times) of acute pain & suffering (athritis, heart problems, tumours, cancer) My Margaret was not so impressed with our local vet (& she was right) But the one she knew & trusted before, involved regular 120 mile round trips & then the costs of the ongoing treatment. I've got to add, neither of us grudged it, because as you'll know,loved & loving pets become part of the family.

....Still there is that point of awe these month passed by and yet Mrs G. has still no found it in her heart to reinstate my pocket money :tears:

• Like 2

The forum should have a political topic area IMO. It'd no doubt get heated, but we're all grown ups and it'd be good to be able to have these discussions.

Since 2014, some of the best discussion around politics I've had, has been via social media and various forums. I've learnt loads. Much more than I would have just via the papers or the news.

It'd be tricky to moderate - I get that, but I think it would add value. and it would potentially stop some of the other threads going wildly off topic.

29 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

The forum should have a political topic area IMO. It'd no doubt get heated, but we're all grown ups and it'd be good to be able to have these discussions.

Since 2014, some of the best discussion around politics I've had, has been via social media and various forums. I've learnt loads. Much more than I would have just via the papers or the news.

It'd be tricky to moderate - I get that, but I think it would add value. and it would potentially stop some of the other threads going wildly off topic.

If you feel very strongly about this Seb' you should contact Admin John...However, I feel his reaction, will be an absolute NO !! :happyno:

It is not a case, it has never been tried...it has. (And more than once) But I sympathise with John. Because although it appears

always, to start off in a reasonable & even courteous manner, on past experience, it soon descends into something personal &

horrible. For those actively interested in politics/news/current affairs etc. the chances are they hold very strong views & do feel

at times, they'd like to make a point on the forum (I accept I am one) But however strongly I felt, I'd never try to ram my opinion

down anyone's throat or make it into a personal issue. It's not always easy, but I am not unique in this. Some others, deliberately,

or unknowingly, take great joy in making it into something personal, or have little or no control, or make a blanket assumption that

they are definitely & absolutely right ... And have neither the time or the inclination to listen/read/consider others point of view:chaplin: