The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Ref: Nick Walsh (Hearts, Home, 09th March 2019)

Rate this topic

How did you rate the ref?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate the ref?

• Wore Opposition Shirt
    • Terrible
    • Bad
    • Average
    • Very Good
    • Perfect

The ref against Heart was Nick Walsh. How did you rate his performance in this game?

Let them away with murder.

Hearts fouled from the first minute and got away with it so they just carried on doing it.  Woods first tackle looked like it was worth at least a yellow and he just got a talking to.  The number of obvious fouls that these officials can't or don't see must be staggering and yet you just have to fall to the ground it seems to get a foul.  Hearts were way better at the 'gamesmanship' side of things than we were.

• Like 1

Another  shocking refereeing performance by yet another incompetent Scottish referee. 

Hearts cheated at every opportunity stealing yards for free kicks and puhing and shoving Dundee players yet Nick Walsh could not see them cheating. 

• Star Post 1

Aye this one really took the biscuit! Take a bow Nick Walsh, prick!

6 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

The worst so far.

Got to agree.  I thought Beaton had raised the bar to an unbeatable level last time out but there you go.  Nick Walsh, take a bow.

Edited by Attilio
  • Like 1

I stopped going to the games many years ago because of the very poor referees and linesmen, It looks like I will be doing the same again, as I get so annoyed at them, ( I cant put down what I really want to say as I would get banned for life from the forum) the other teams get away with murder and we make a silly foul and our players get booked, no wonder odea went crazy, why McGowan got booked on the halfway line after the big centre had his arms around him, it’s was ridiculous the number of times the ref and linesmen let them away with that, I think he blew once just after halftime for a foul for the centre having his arms around our player, I left with 15 minutes to go after yet another crazy decision from the ref, as many people have said our refs must be the worst ever just now, 😥😥

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Hearts fouled from the first minute and got away with it so they just carried on doing it.  Woods first tackle looked like it was worth at least a yellow and he just got a talking to.  The number of obvious fouls that these officials can't or don't see must be staggering and yet you just have to fall to the ground it seems to get a foul.  Hearts were way better at the 'gamesmanship' side of things than we were.

And have been for years

Dirtiest team in the league.

Was quite shocked when O'Dea got his yellow, not because I thought he was blameless, just that these 'manly tussles' had been going on all game and the ref seemed happy to let it go on. For him to single out one of these tussles seemed a bit odd, not the oddest of his calls though. Some cracking swan dives and fair play to Hearts for their total anti-football. 

I can't blame the ref solely but today I found myself not really bothering about what was happening on the pitch at times, an insipid Dundee, a bloody awful Hearts and the weather contributed but I found myself thinking I'd rather be up the hills. :(

Hard to imagine, but Walsh has managed to out-perform his eejit mates, by far the poorest ref performance I've seen since we were promoted.

Totally conned by Hearts players turning into our players & falling over (ie, diving)....but also totally ignoring the timewasting, the 10 yards+ stolen at every free-kick (as he always looked the other way), until he booked Zlamal in injury time....total lack of control. Pathetic. This is the standard of the refs who'll likely replace Collum, Madden, Thompson, etc. Scary. 

• Like 1

It's like Groundhog Day!! 🙁

Every game we are discussing refs and assistant officials incompetence, lack of awareness, not clamping down on cheating and downright uselessness. 

As one poster said, each one is as bad, if not worse, than the last. Got to be time for full time officials. 

Oh, and Hearts would not look out of place at Murrayfield!! Oh wait...

• Funny 1

26 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Oh, and Hearts would not look out of place at Murrayfield!! Oh wait...

Aye, but now they'd have no need to swap the sets of posts. ;)  

• Funny 1

Oh Dear! How this lad has managed to "Out Beaton" Beaton has meant that Scottish Refs have now plummeted to new lows.

This Fella was quite frankly a disgrace!-Nuff Said!!

We are poor but clowns like this...…. do not help!

Nothing that Walsh did really changed the result of the game and arguably he actually got the big decisions correct. However I found that to be one of the most frustrating refereeing performances I've ever seen. 

At one point the guy next to me asked "who's the ref?", my simple answer being "Hearts!"

They absolutely sussed him out right from the off. At one point their right back stole about 20 yards at a throw in at the Derry steps. But it was consistent. They did that at every thrown in, stole yards and changed the location of just about every free kick.

Their keeper (who eventually got booked) must easily have wasted a minute or two all on his own, just moving the ball, changing sides, having a drink (before his bottle got hidden!) and clattering his studs off the post. He even dropped the ball in a sarcastic way (if that's possible) at one point when Walsh gestured for him to put the ball on the deck and take the free kick.

Add to that Walsh's general arrogance when players tried to interact with him and he didn't come across well at all.

The battle between O'Dea and Ikpeaza (sp?) was intense, but he missed O'Dea having a proper kick through him at one point, and that O'Dea made a point of landing on him and rolling over him before that. Woods should have been booked early on, but then R McGowan's booking was a total joke. As I say, little of that really mattered in the long run, but the guy simply was so far out of his depth that it was more embarrassing than anything else. 

I voted Terrible, because I don't think he favoured Hearts, but they simply knew how to play him and milked it for all that they could - and then a little more. Call it gamesmanship, but honestly, I'm finding harder and harder to pay to watch grown men cheat for 90+ minutes.  

• Like 5
  • Star Post 1

First half it felt like he awarded 90% of the incidents against our defenders, second half he started aaarding the majority our way. It was absolutely bizarre as the “incidents” were the same first half as second.

Stealing yards is the norm but it was so bad we started to note which letter in the advertising boards the ball went out- 20 yard steal became the norm. 

As others have said he had no control that was the underlying issue. 

for me he did more to fire up the Dee support than the footballers did and he made a significant contribution to the atmosphere - not in a good way I hasten to add!

Seems the boy has previous and is rated as possibly the worst referee:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-footballs-worst-referee-revealed-12025308

I concur!

• Like 1

absolute shocking. some decisions were brutal. and for the linesman, couldn't keep

up with play!!

In my opinion Walsh was pro Hearts and he would have been as well wearing a Hearts strip instead of his refereeing attire. It will be interesting to see which team in the Premier League the referees ‘pick on’ next season if we get relegated at the end of this season. 

It will certainly not be a West of Scotland team as they are based too close to Hampden.