Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 1 Hearts

I thought we huffed and puffed today ,i had the feeling from early on we would struggle to score and so it turned out.    Once Hearts scored it was always going to be difficult as they are quite happy to sit back and defend a 1 nil lead.  They are masters at committing niggly fouls, slowing the game down and pulling every trick in the book to grind out a win.

Next week in all honesty will more than likely be another defeat ,so all we can hope for is St Mirren and Hamilton  to drop points as we need to  be in touch, if we start falling behind now then it will be very difficult. The 3 point lead Hamilton have over  us is crucial and we cannot afford for that gap to get bigger before the split,we have to be looking to take points at St Johnstone and St Mirren,yes they will be difficult away matches  but  games are running out and we need to start pullling points out the bag.

Aberdeen seem to have the sign over us as well so i am not confident of anything in that one so the games against both Saints are vital.  Tough times ahead, i have no idea how it will pan out,  its never easy being a Dee,lets hope we can get over the line and regroup and go again next season.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Rocky Boy said:

Everyone beside me at the match said the same, Dales is a very lucky lad to be making a wage as a so called professional footballer, Robson is up here on his jolly holidays, to be with his mate Nelson, never won a tackle all day, he just protected himself with side and back passes all day, NEVER fought for our DIRE relegation battle again today, really frustrating and sad.

It was always going to come down to if JMs army of loanees were up to the fight .

• Like 1

Where was the spirit and display that we showed v Killie, a few weeks back at Dens? Simply can't understand the inconsistency. Similar team, worse opposition. Unacceptable. All these guys do is play football. Have an off day in training, yes but NOT on match day. Unprofessional.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, Dondeh said:

It was always going to come down to if JMs army of loanees were up to the fight .

Sadly, they, like doing their fighting talk, in the newspapers, not on the pitch, where the hard work is done, I really had high hopes for these guys when they arrived, they all said the right things and us Dee fans got our hopes up, but talk is cheap, if your not prepared, to put the hard work in on the pitch and have a decent skill level, to back up your paper talk.

• Like 1

A lesson in the art of anti-football from Levein. You'd think with your team leading from an early goal, and heading into 4th place, that 1,100 jambos might make a bit of noise, yet (other than the goal) they made less noise than 36 Hamilton fans....safe, yet bored into silence. Good luck to Partick on Tuesday, I wouldn't want to see that stuff get Hearts into a cup final.

As for us....another calamitous goal, 3 players around the ball, O'Dea takes a fresh-air swipe at a stationary ball, falls on his ar*e, the other two don't react & Clare toe-pokes it under Dieng. We had enough half-chances to get a point, but Miller's header that bounced just wide of the post was probably the best one. We were nowhere near strong enough in midfield, though.

Looks like we'll be biting nails till the last day of the season, and 3 wins against our relegation rivals looks like being essential to survival. No doubt there will be other surprise results involving any of the 3 of us, though.

Ref comments are under his own topic, but seriously appalling.  

• Like 1

I don't think we lacked effort. Hearts are so sh**e right now they were determined to destroy any attempt at a game of football so they could eke out a rare win after we gifted them a goal.

The game was effectively dead after 15 minutes. Just need to take it on the chin and focus on the next game.

Hopefully Levein gets punted in the summer so we don't have to suffer his eye-bleedingly awful tactics again.

3 hours ago, Parcbara said:

Mystified as to why Wright got hooked. Thought Dales and Robson were poor today. Crazy defending again kills us. We should at very worst  have drawn that game nil nil as they were rank as well. If Nelson doesn't play we don't score.

Yeah, Wright the only creative force in the team, not injured to bring on Curran, our worst player in last few games, what on earth was that about?

Adblock Detected