Jump to content
The Dark Blues
cg73

Points Before Split, Fixtures After.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I predict before split

Hamilton +7

Dundee +4

St Mirren +2

Fixtures for us should be...

V st J (a)

V Livi (h)

V St M (h)

V Ham (h)

V Mwell (a).

I think 11 points there. Finish in style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So from now, Hamilton will be 6 points ahead of us at the split?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Mirren nearly won at Pittodrie and nearly won at Tynecastle before beating Livi. I'm afraid it looks like they're in top six form and will comfortably avoid the drop.

I really hope they prove me wrong and get beat tomorrow night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cg73 said:

Fixtures for us should be...

V st J (a)

V Livi (h)

V St M (h)

V Ham (h)

V Mwell (a).

I think 11 points there. Finish in style.

What will change to achieve that?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear the worst going into the split.

I will be delighted if we beat St Mirren and St Johnstone and maybe sneak a draw against Aberdeen, but my head is telling me that this will not happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cobra said:

St Mirren nearly won at Pittodrie and nearly won at Tynecastle before beating Livi. I'm afraid it looks like they're in top six form and will comfortably avoid the drop.

I really hope they prove me wrong and get beat tomorrow night.

St Mirren s bubble will surely burst tonight and they can get back to being gash

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cg73 said:

I predict before split

Hamilton +7

Dundee +4

St Mirren +2

Fixtures for us should be...

V st J (a)

V Livi (h)

V St M (h)

V Ham (h)

V Mwell (a).

I think 11 points there. Finish in style.

We'll have played 17 home games come the split, so should only be due 2 more post-split. I know we did have 20 home and 18 away fixtures a couple of years ago, so it can happen, but not sure how it'll pan out this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We'll have played 17 home games come the split, so should only be due 2 more post-split. I know we did have 20 home and 18 away fixtures a couple of years ago, so it can happen, but not sure how it'll pan out this season.

Wishful thinking we don't have to play on the artificial pitches. I think 11th place most likely scenario for us now. Hamilton 10th. (Basturts) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

St Mirren s bubble will surely burst tonight and they can get back to being gash

Starting tonight. Fingers crossed. Killie could feasibly be 2nd. Lots to play for. Come on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I fear the worst going into the split.

I will be delighted if we beat St Mirren and St Johnstone and maybe sneak a draw against Aberdeen, but my head is telling me that this will not happen.

I think we will win in Perth and draw with st mirren. Lose heavily other two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the relegation thread i posted this -

 We have Celtic (H); St M (A); St J (A); Abe (H) = 2 points 

Accies have Hearts (H); Killie (A); Livi (A); St M (H) = 4 points

Saints have St J (A); Dees (H); Celtic (H); Accies (A) = 1 point 

So, we would go into the split 2 points ahead of Saints and 5 behind Accies.  I reckon the play-off beckons! 

A win in Paisley and things would look so, so much better.

Post Split - 5 points leaving us in squeaky bum territory! 

 

Edited by HK Blues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

On the relegation thread i posted this -

 We have Celtic (H); St M (A); St J (A); Abe (H) = 2 points 

Accies have Hearts (H); Killie (A); Livi (A); St M (H) = 4 points

Saints have St J (A); Dees (H); Celtic (H); Accies (A) = 1 point 

So, we would go into the split 2 points ahead of Saints and 5 behind Accies.  I reckon the play-off beckons! 

A win in Paisley and things would look so, so much better.

Post Split - 5 points leaving us in squeaky bum territory! 

 

So would a win at dens !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

So would a win at dens !

What is this mythical thing? Ah - "For the moments".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

What is this mythical thing? Ah - "For the moments".

Yes , the moments 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Killie goal was huge last night, we were in deep trouble  if they had scored on one of there breakaways...

Probable outcome is that we are 1 point ahead or level with St M going into that match, with ST M having slightly harder fixtures after that...

Hopefully a big noisy support down at Paisley to get us the vital win we crave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have avoided the forum since the Hearts game.

Thought we were the only team that tried to play football in that game but again leave with 0 points, pretty much our norm at Dens. Another horrible season for our top class long suffering loyal support that go week in week out.

The hard luck stories are mounting up as our position gets more critical. 

What if Miller's two goals were allowed against Hibs.

What if Miller's header went in against Hearts.

What if Nelson hadn't jumped for his celebration against Livi and played in the games since.

And so on.

Without stating the total obvious, the two games against St Mirren and one against Hamilton are going to be key.

We will 100 percent be beaten from Celtic. Aberdeen always beat us. St Johnstone always seem to beat us through there these days, though you'd like to think that we could take something for a change with it being a critical pre split game.

Hopefully it's in our hands to finish outside the bottom two for the third season running post split. It will all depend on how far off tenth we are come then. At the moment, I'm not too optimistic unless Accies get beat in their remaining games pre split.

Finishing in the dreaded play off might be a result the way the season has went.

If we finish 11th or 12th, we can't exactly complain.

4 wins all season long by mid March (2 against the same team)

20th defeat of the season coming up on Sunday with 7 games still to play.

Conceded the joint most goals in the league.

Needing a form busting massive finish to the season against every one we play bar Celtic and Aberdeen.

Quite incredible really that St Mirren have been just as bad and Hamilton only a fraction better than us all season which still gives us a chance of finishing 10th or 11th.

Any other season we'd be relegated by April with this points tally and 4 wins all season.

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of home and away fixtures has been debated in a number of threads. The league's first priority is to give all clubs a 19 home 19 away season. The way that the league is likely to end up would mean the top six bottom six would have balanced fixtures and therefore no teams would have other than a 19:19 season. We will therefore only end up with 2 home games post split and wìll meet a team 3 times away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, troodee1893 said:

The number of home and away fixtures has been debated in a number of threads. The league's first priority is to give all clubs a 19 home 19 away season. The way that the league is likely to end up would mean the top six bottom six would have balanced fixtures and therefore no teams would have other than a 19:19 season. We will therefore only end up with 2 home games post split and wìll meet a team 3 times away.

That’s a bonus the way we are going at dens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.