The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Dundee v Celtic  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting on Sunday?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI if available?

3. 3. How will Dundee's season end?

• Tenth place
    • Success in the play-offs
    • Failure in the play-offs
    • Bottom

It's O'Dea and JM pre match on DEETV.

O'dea (player) gets a record breaking 12 minutes with JM (Manager),  getting 9 minutes.

One of the interviewers asks O'dea about the impact of the St Mirren result prior to the game. No mention of Hamilton - incredible stuff¬†¬†ūüėü

Same interviewer asks JM about St Mirren's result and no mention of Hamilton. WTAF?  

Edited by Dondeh

Interviewer(s) talking about the International break. We haven't even played Celtic yet FFS. 

Full squad to pick from apart from Nelson, Hamilton and Meekings (and presumably Davies?).

Edited by Dondeh

If the rain continues to fall all day as predicted could the game be postponed and the rescheduled game long enough into the future to allow Nelson to be abailable? I live in hope.

1 hour ago, Double Blue said:

If the rain continues to fall all day as predicted could the game be postponed and the rescheduled game long enough into the future to allow Nelson to be abailable? I live in hope.

Snowing fairly heavily now but game will be on.

Having Nelson available won't make an iota of difference against Celtic - best get it out the way then concentrate on trying to challenge those around us.

33 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Snowing fairly heavily now but game will be on.

Prince is it really snowing heavily in Dundee ....

Or are you trying to add a wee bit excitement to a Quiet Forum  day? 

(Or worse. Playing sleekit mind games wi' me & meh tomatoes):chaplin:

35 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Prince is it really snowing heavily in Dundee ....

Or are you trying to add a wee bit excitement to a Quiet Forum  day? 

(Or worse. Playing sleekit mind games wi' me & meh tomatoes):chaplin:

Just sleet Gedee, quite heavy though. I did think it was snow until I went to pick up Princess Buster from work and got soaked.

19 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Just sleet Gedee, quite heavy though. I did think it was snow until I went to pick up Princess Buster from work and got soaked.

Thanks for getting back Prince ...

It's funny how a wee flutter gentle falling snow can sound quite romantic

Especially...When there are Princes & Princesses involved in the story :wub:

Then, it goes dark, dreich & miserable, when it tuns intae sleet & slush :tears:

5 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Thanks for getting back Prince ...

It's funny how a wee flutter gentle falling snow can sound quite romantic

Especially...When there are Princes & Princesses involved in the story :wub:

Then, it goes dark, dreich & miserable, when it tuns intae sleet & slush :tears:

Was wearing trainers too. So whilst I remember having warm feet I'm now in that nether world where I'm convinced I'll never have warm feet again.

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Was wearing trainers too. So whilst I remember having warm feet I'm now in that nether world where I'm convinced I'll never have warm feet again.

Did you end up with the curse of the squidgy socks? 

That is a cold, squelchy, toe shrivelling kind of hell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Weel freend, it wid have been much mair sensible tae wear a pair o' Wellies.

But that definitely would have removed the "Romantic Factor" oot the story :wub:

Noo had it been the Snug Fitting, All wool, ThermaL, Double Gusset Longjohns.

...WEEL NEED I SAY MORE ... :excited:

I have arrived in the people’s republic. Can’t wait for tomorrow now in a weird fatalistic kind of way. Pint of 71 put me right up for it. God bless Dundee football club

• Star Post 1

Going tomorrow with the season ticket as always.

Never miss a home league game. Gets me out the house. Habit etc 

Hate Sunday lunchtime kick offs though. Hate playing them. Depressed about our situation.

Had 4 texts from season ticket holding mates not going tomorrow.

Home ends will be empty.

Nice one DFC. 

A must-win game against the champions.¬†ūüėü

Stranger things have happened I suppose.

23 hours ago, Dondeh said:

One of the interviewers asks O'dea about the impact of the St Mirren result prior to the game. No mention of Hamilton - incredible stuff¬†¬†ūüėü

Same interviewer asks JM about St Mirren's result and no mention of Hamilton. WTAF?  

Perhaps the guy knows more than anyone else, that we have no chance of 10th spot?.

Edited by Dondeh
NM to be reinstated for the post split games.

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Going tomorrow with the season ticket as always.

Never miss a home league game. Gets me out the house. Habit etc 

Hate Sunday lunchtime kick offs though. Hate playing them. Depressed about our situation.

Had 4 texts from season ticket holding mates not going tomorrow.

Home ends will be empty.

Nice one DFC. 

Had a mate round for a few cans after the evening dog walk and during the preamble for the Swansea V City game they were pushing our game tomorrow. I mentioned that we will be missing these games next year and I'll not be broken hearted. As you say, a lot of it is habit and having the ST so getting your moneys worth.

• Like 1

Not looking forward to tomorrow at all, 12 30 kick off time on a Sunday i absolutely detest.   Lets just hope we  can put in a respectable performance to give us hope for the huge task ahead in the coming games.

I think even a lot of season ticket holders will give tomorrow a miss ,i am fully expecting a low turout in the home ends,while the 4,200 away fans  will be in party mode with it being St Patricks day.

It will be interesting to  see if Police Scotland will be  more robust in dealing with any sectarian sing/chanting  smoke bombs flares etc incidents  that may occur ,given all the recent media attention and outcry over recent incidents in the past few weeks........i will not hold my breath, i suspect it will be sweep sweep nothing to see here...move on.

Edited by thegen65
typo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

Not looking forward to tomorrow at all, 12 30 kick off time on a Sunday i absolutely detest.   Lets just hope we  can put in a respectable performance to give us hope for the huge task ahead in the coming games.

I think even a lot of season ticket holders will give tomorrow a miss ,i am fully expecting a low turout in the home ends,while the 4,200 away fans  will be in party mode with it being St Patricks day.

It will be interesting to  see if Police Scotland will be  more robust in dealing with any sectarian sing/chanting  smoke bombs flares etc incidents  that may occur ,given all the recent media attention and outcry over recent incidents in the past few weeks........i will not hold my breath, i suspect it will be sweep sweep nothing to see here...move on.

I'm so disinterested in tomorrow, that I actually keep forgetting that we have a game.

I'm guessing that I'll still be there though and still have to explain to my other half afterwards why I keep going when I come home and say it was rubbish when she asks if I enjoyed it.  

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

A must-win game against the champions.¬†ūüėü

Stranger things have happened I suppose.

This afternoon in fact-at Twickenham.Amazing.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

21 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I'm so disinterested in tomorrow, that I actually keep forgetting that we have a game.

I'm guessing that I'll still be there though and still have to explain to my other half afterwards why I keep going when I come home and say it was rubbish when she asks if I enjoyed it.  

We'll be there tomorrow, these games are a 'duty' rather than a pleasure generally but we go. Now that I'm expecting not to renew for next year I'm feeling slightly liberated, I don't HAVE to go to these 'duty' games, it'll be a weekend I can get up the hills.

16 minutes ago, dfcman said:

This afternoon in fact-at Twickenham.Amazing.

And nearly at Swansea. surprises can occur, remember 5-1, Dundee were 14/1 at the bookies that day.

10 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

We'll be there tomorrow, these games are a 'duty' rather than a pleasure generally but we go. Now that I'm expecting not to renew for next year I'm feeling slightly liberated, I don't HAVE to go to these 'duty' games, it'll be a weekend I can get up the hills.

I haven't quite made that emotional break yet. Still to-ing and fo-ing about going tomorrow but I know I'll end up there.

Still can't quite imagine not going every week next season but if I don't buy a ST I simply won't have the ongoing disposable income to justify doing PATG most weeks. It's a kind of all or nothing situation for me at the moment. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I haven't quite made that emotional break yet. Still to-ing and fo-ing about going tomorrow but I know I'll end up there.

Still can't quite imagine not going every week next season but if I don't buy a ST I simply won't have the ongoing disposable income to justify doing PATG most weeks. It's a kind of all or nothing situation for me at the moment. 

I totally understand where you're coming from on the all or nothing thing, if its something you emote with then it can be a big 'hit' for it to change. I'm hopeful that the club have a rethink about the 'windows', all of them, just call it 340 quid and be done with it, us fans will still be gambling that its a bargain and most of us have bought ST's for the clubs sake rather than our own. 

From a personal perspective I've prioritised football (even games like tomorrow which I think we'll take a scudding) over other things and I'm open to my new found flexibility, I've definitely had a 'switch flicked' in my bonce. I won't be all or nothing and if I take in half the home games it will let me do a few more away games and guilt free because of the crappy 'window'.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I totally understand where you're coming from on the all or nothing thing, if its something you emote with then it can be a big 'hit' for it to change. I'm hopeful that the club have a rethink about the 'windows', all of them, just call it 340 quid and be done with it, us fans will still be gambling that its a bargain and most of us have bought ST's for the clubs sake rather than our own. 

From a personal perspective I've prioritised football (even games like tomorrow which I think we'll take a scudding) over other things and I'm open to my new found flexibility, I've definitely had a 'switch flicked' in my bonce. I won't be all or nothing and if I take in half the home games it will let me do a few more away games and guilt free because of the crappy 'window'.

I actually think that if they'd just gone for a straight £340 from day one until the start of the season, then we'd be quite encouraged and calling it a decent bit of PR for the club. As it is now, it just looks (well, it doesn't look, it is) out of touch.

I know that his part about letting McIntyre plan and build for the future is meant to be his rallying call, but with a lot of folk still undecided at best about the manager's appointment, the whole thing is a massive missed opportunity and just a little needless.

A lot of us are questioning how we can decide what good value is when we don't even know what division we'll be in, but the same goes for the manager. How can he plan for next season when he doesn't know what division we'll be in, therefore, what his budget will be and (in theory, but it wouldn't seem to be this way) whether he'll be the man in charge?

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

13 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I actually think that if they'd just gone for a straight £340 from day one until the start of the season, then we'd be quite encouraged and calling it a decent bit of PR for the club. As it is now, it just looks (well, it doesn't look, it is) out of touch.

I know that his part about letting McIntyre plan and build for the future is meant to be his rallying call, but with a lot of folk still undecided at best about the manager's appointment, the whole thing is a massive missed opportunity and just a little needless.

A lot of us are questioning how we can decide what good value is when we don't even know what division we'll be in, but the same goes for the manager. How can he plan for next season when he doesn't know what division we'll be in, therefore, what his budget will be and (in theory, but it wouldn't seem to be this way) whether he'll be the man in charge?

That's how I'd have seen it, especially with the large 'league variable'. I had no qualms about paying the £340 last year on the 'league lottery', at the risk of repeating myself, its the mad dash to get us to pay it in the next two weeks. Yes I could, I'd have to pull some of it out my a**e but its doable but not at the whim of FPS backed by a pretty hefty investment company. I'd grudge it if it was still fan run but it might be more palatable. I appreciate that Keyes Investment want us to stump up and pay our share, I've been happy to under their tenure, season tickets, shirts, half time draws, blah blah blah...personally I think they've massively misjudged this one, its about perception as much as anything. We'll see what we get (or they get) next season on the ST's, maybe just a lot of hot air by fans in the short term.

• Star Post 1

2 hours ago, thegen65 said:

I will probably go, but not looking forward to the whole IRA tribute band. As usual Police Scotland, will do f**k all.