Jump to content
The Dark Blues
WeighorstsWang

Season Tickets

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Do we actually have marketing staff or just sales staff? They are two different disciplines. The club should be marketed in a myriad of ways to secure positivity, fan engagement, goodwill, expectations....I could go on....then selling is easy.

The only guy we ever had at Dens that understood this was Derek Soutar.

Agreed. Every fan on the clubs database should be getting letters or a brochure of some sort about the season tickets through their letter box. 

But as ever, we get nothing. Just expected to buy them. 

Never take the fans for granted it only back fires. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Take a sleeping bag and go now mate. Just for the kudos you'll want to be in the first thousand. 

The tully will send a photographer along to capture all of us camping out like people used to do for TITP tickets.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Agreed. Every fan on the clubs database should be getting letters or a brochure of some sort about the season tickets through their letter box. 

But as ever, we get nothing. Just expected to buy them. 

Never take the fans for granted it only back fires. 

According to the club website the Commercial manager at Dens is Jonny Mcinally https://dundeefc.co.uk/search/Jonny+mcinally/

He did a good job running the Sponsor dinner last October in the Invercarse Hotel but until then I had never heard of him let alone knew what he looked like. He appears to be basically anonymous. 

 I have just had a look at the club website and amazingly the Dundee FC board of directors are charging the same price nextbseason for non season ticket holders who decide to pay at the gate at every home game either by cash or purchasing a ticket in the club shop. 

Surely supporters can not be expected to pay Premier League admission prices if we are playing in the Championship. 

Nobody in the right mind would pay £24 to watch Dundee playing Alloa or Arbroath at Dens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

According to the club website the Commercial manager at Dens is Jonny Mcinally https://dundeefc.co.uk/search/Jonny+mcinally/

He did a good job running the Sponsor dinner last October in the Invercarse Hotel but until then I had never heard of him let alone knew what he looked like. He appears to be basically anonymous. 

 I have just had a look at the club website and amazingly the Dundee FC board of directors are charging the same price nextbseason for non season ticket holders who decide to pay at the gate at every home game either by cash or purchasing a ticket in the club shop. 

Surely supporters can not be expected to pay Premier League admission prices if we are playing in the Championship. 

Nobody in the right mind would pay £24 to watch Dundee playing Alloa or Arbroath at Dens. 

They might to see a win!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Wasn't aware of this, yeah those 'Sheep shaggers' with their rampant sectarianism.....

Remember mate, Sectarianism is a 'Scottish football' problem, not an OF problem (or even OF and Embra clubs problem)... best to root it out alphabetically;)

Which, of course, will end as follows.....

10 - Saint Johnstone

11 - Saint Mirren

12 - The Rangers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

They might to see a win!

Considering the way the team has played this season I think that they would struggle to beat Fort William FC at Dens. 

Fort William FC are currently  bottom of the Highland League having up to last Saturday night having played 26 games and conceded 187 goals. With a bit of luck we might scrape a 1-0 win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Considering the way the team has played this season I think that they would struggle to beat Fort William FC at Dens. 

Fort William FC are currently  bottom of the Highland League having up to last Saturday night having played 26 games and conceded 187 goals. With a bit of luck we might scrape a 1-0 win 

I think that we have been really unlucky with some of our games recently. It seems more down to bad luck and us giving other teams a 'gift' than the other teams actually playing well to beat us. If we can get rid of the defensive errors and put away our chances, we could actually win a lot more games than we are losing right now. Hearts game was a perfect example of we lost the game by our own mistakes than the opposition actually being better than us.

We need to get Nelson back and maybe Davies in defence with McGowan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I think that we have been really unlucky with some of our games recently. It seems more down to bad luck and us giving other teams a 'gift' than the other teams actually playing well to beat us. If we can get rid of the defensive errors and put away our chances, we could actually win a lot more games than we are losing right now. Hearts game was a perfect example of we lost the game by our own mistakes than the opposition actually being better than us.

We need to get Nelson back and maybe Davies in defence with McGowan.

Our problem this season and also last season is scoring goals. 

 

Edited by islaydarkblue
Alteration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, islaydarkblue said:

Our problem this season and also last season is scoring goals. 

 

No, our problem this season is the amount of goals that we have shipped. We have the highest goals against in this league and that tells you all that you need to know.

We have been gifting goals left right and centre this season and that needs to stop. We need to make it hard for other teams to score against us, that way if we can;'t score we can at least get a point from the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the fairly significant risk that the Club might be playing in the Championship next season, with one less home game, I'm surprised (just slightly, though) that the Board didn't offer renewals of next season's STs at this season's prices, by the end of the early bird deadline, 4th June.

They could have appealed to our emotional connection with a "Stay with us, no matter which league we're in, and you'll pay no more" statement, and added that our continued financial support, if we do go down, will be used to rebuild a stronger squad to aim for an immediate return....and if we stay up, loyalty will be rewarded with no increase.

I appreciate the Club's been losing money, but with most of the current squad on loans, this summer's rebuild should not require players to be paid to leave.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This absolutely reeks of desperation. 

FPS have done a lot of good things at our club but over the last couple years they are doing a very good job of undoing that work. This again just shows me that John Nelms is incompetent and not fit to be MD at the club. 

Also agree with chomp (think it was him who posted) that this could be part on an exit strategy of FPS. 

What a f**cking mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Given the fairly significant risk that the Club might be playing in the Championship next season, with one less home game, I'm surprised (just slightly, though) that the Board didn't offer renewals of next season's STs at this season's prices, by the end of the early bird deadline, 4th June.

They could have appealed to our emotional connection with a "Stay with us, no matter which league we're in, and you'll pay no more" statement, and added that our continued financial support, if we do go down, will be used to rebuild a stronger squad to aim for an immediate return....and if we stay up, loyalty will be rewarded with no increase.

I appreciate the Club's been losing money, but with most of the current squad on loans, this summer's rebuild should not require players to be paid to leave.

From memory I think that there are still a number of first team players whose contracts finish at the end of this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No, our problem this season is the amount of goals that we have shipped. We have the highest goals against in this league and that tells you all that you need to know.

We have been gifting goals left right and centre this season and that needs to stop. We need to make it hard for other teams to score against us, that way if we can;'t score we can at least get a point from the game.

I agree that we have a defence like a sieve and have conceded far too many goals this season. However if we were able to score more goals than we concede in a game then we would not be in the dire position we are currently in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked. Ross County’s admission price is £20 this season.

In the Championship, you are guaranteed 18 home matches.

18 x £20 = £360 pay at the gate so most of our early bird prices would still be worth getting even if we were relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dee_Dee said:

Just checked. Ross County’s admission price is £20 this season.

In the Championship, you are guaranteed 18 home matches.

18 x £20 = £360 pay at the gate so most of our early bird prices would still be worth getting even if we were relegated.

If we are in the Championship next season and several of our home games are televised live on a Friday evening on the ‘free to air’ new BBC Scotland TV channel then that would have to be taken into consideration when purchasing a season ticket. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the individual I suppose Islay, I go to all the home games whether we are on TV or not. Doesn’t make any odds to me whether it’s Fri/Sat/Sun.

I realise other fans can’t do every day. Up to the individual to decide if it’s worth it to them.

I usually end up missing a game or two due to other commitments but I don’t buy my season ticket just based on how many games I’ll make, I buy it to help the club and save having to organise tickets for home games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

This absolutely reeks of desperation. 

FPS have done a lot of good things at our club but over the last couple years they are doing a very good job of undoing that work. This again just shows me that John Nelms is incompetent and not fit to be MD at the club. 

Also agree with chomp (think it was him who posted) that this could be part on an exit strategy of FPS. 

What a f**cking mess. 

Wasn't me and I don't see it as an exit strategy, just badly handled. I think they'll be happy to extract themselves if and when they get their stadium project though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

 However if we were able to score more goals than we concede in a game then we would not be in the dire position we are currently in.

If we were to score more goals than we concede in a game we'd be top of the league and wondering who we'd be getting in the next round of the CL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's scary how out of touch our board are. I would have been unlikely to renew my season ticket anyway as haven't enjoyed the last few seasons at all and bought a season ticket out of false optimism/stupidity! Most of my mates are the same and this announcement will drive others away. I agree with dark blue that it would be difficult to justify paying at the game for the majority of games as well. The club seem determined to drive paying customers away and once out of the habit it could be for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eight years in a row I've had a season ticket and this year I only made 6 games due to work.

I see it as a donation to the club but Im not buying one this year, no matter what league we are in.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to look at it with a calmer head this morning and doing some calculations -

All the adult early bird periods are actually good value vs the gate price if we stay up.

£340 before April 2nd = £17.90 a game

£360 before May 2nd = £18.95 a game

Problem with both is, we have no clue what division we're going to be in before either of those dates so the only people who are going to buy them at that price are the core who buy one every season anyway regardless of division and have and are prepared to part with that amount of cash much earlier than usual to the club. It's mid March ffs.

£370 before June 4th = £19.47 a game. This one will be the one most will go for if we stay up as our league status will be decided by June 4th and it's still a good saving on £24, £26 and £30 ticket prices if you make most games.

£395 regardless of how much it works out a game after June 5th is just plain wrong on so many levels IMO. We sell next to none after the early bird periods the last few seasons anyway.

If we go down (which is obviously a massive possibility) , the above breakdowns are devalued as there is one less home game per season in the Championship as chomp pointed out yesterday so the cost per game rises slightly for a lower division.

You can't charge some of these prices for Championship season tickets. £340 to £350/£360 max IMO. £370 in the Championship is £20.55 a game and falls in the period where most will buy as the league status will be known. We won't sell many.

As for the ticket prices they confirmed also yesterday (same as this season £24, £26 and £30). You'd possibly get away with £24 at a push in the Championship though fans wouldn't exactly be queuing up to pay this. £26 and £30 would obviously have to be scrapped.

I'm still stunned and pretty worried that the club have released season tickets for sale in the middle of March with only a two week initial early bird period when the club is in the middle of a relegation battle.

All it seems to serve is getting in some immediate cash from those who buy regardless and have a spare £340 lying about at two weeks notice which is surely a worrying sign.

Any other club would wait and see what division we're playing in next season before announcing season ticket and gate/ticket prices for the season ahead.

As others have asked, do we still have a fans rep?

Just bizarre from the club tbh and worryingly desperate,

 

 

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Trying to look at it with a calmer head this morning and doing some calculations -

All the adult early bird periods are actually good value vs the gate price if we stay up.

£340 before April 2nd = £17.90 a game

£360 before May 2nd = £18.95 a game

Problem with both is, we have no clue what division we're going to be in before either of those dates so the only people who are going to buy them at that price are the core who buy one every season anyway regardless of division and have and are prepared to part with that amount of cash much earlier than usual to the club. It's mid March ffs.

£370 before June 4th = £19.47 a game. This one will be the one most will go for if we stay up as our league status will be decided by June 4th and it's still a good saving on £24, £26 and £30 ticket prices if you make most games.

£395 regardless of how much it works out a game after June 5th is just plain wrong on so many levels IMO. We sell next to none after the early bird periods the last few seasons anyway.

If we go down (which is obviously a massive possibility) , the above breakdowns are devalued as there is one less home game per season in the Championship as chomp pointed out yesterday so the cost per game rises slightly for a lower division.

You can't charge some of these prices for Championship season tickets. £340 to £350/£360 max IMO. £370 in the Championship is £20.55 a game and falls in the period where most will buy as the league status will be known. We won't sell many.

As for the ticket prices they confirmed also yesterday (same as this season £24, £26 and £30). You'd possibly get away with £24 at a push in the Championship though fans wouldn't exactly be queuing up to pay this. £26 and £30 would obviously have to be scrapped.

I'm still stunned and pretty worried that the club have released season tickets for sale in the middle of March with only a two week initial early bird period when the club is in the middle of a relegation battle.

All it seems to serve is getting in some immediate cash from those who buy regardless and have a spare £340 lying about at two weeks notice which is surely a worrying sign.

Any other club would wait and see what division we're playing in next season before announcing season ticket and gate/ticket prices for the season ahead.

As others have asked, do we still have a fans rep?

Just bizarre from the club tbh and worryingly desperate,

 

 

I've always thought that the whole 'early bird' pricing scheme defeats the point and is fundamentally contradictory to the whole season ticket strategy.

Pre-season is usually about deluding ourselves and trying to renew some optimism about the club. This is a campaign that will run all summer and will build momentum. I genuinely think that if you introduced a flat rate and cut from the maximum band by 20-25%, it's very obtainable to make that up in sales with a good campaign.

It's been embarrassing the last few years seeing teams with season ticket counters whilst we go along and are embarrassed to tell the press our figures, especially after the couple of weeks where it is most affordable and the renewals come in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

All the adult early bird periods are actually good value vs the gate price if we stay up.

I agree with this. IF and it is a big if. If we don't, it is too expensive, as relegation will be followed by  disgruntled fans voting with their pocket.  Had we been top six or safe, then maybe, but this is a bad idea in my opinion.  Whoever thought this scheme up hasn't thought it through from a fans perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Trying to look at it with a calmer head this morning and doing some calculations -

All the adult early bird periods are actually good value vs the gate price if we stay up.

£340 before April 2nd = £17.90 a game

£360 before May 2nd = £18.95 a game

Problem with both is, we have no clue what division we're going to be in before either of those dates so the only people who are going to buy them at that price are the core who buy one every season anyway regardless of division and have and are prepared to part with that amount of cash much earlier than usual to the club. It's mid March ffs.

£370 before June 4th = £19.47 a game. This one will be the one most will go for if we stay up as our league status will be decided by June 4th and it's still a good saving on £24, £26 and £30 ticket prices if you make most games.

£395 regardless of how much it works out a game after June 5th is just plain wrong on so many levels IMO. We sell next to none after the early bird periods the last few seasons anyway.

If we go down (which is obviously a massive possibility) , the above breakdowns are devalued as there is one less home game per season in the Championship as chomp pointed out yesterday so the cost per game rises slightly for a lower division.

You can't charge some of these prices for Championship season tickets. £340 to £350/£360 max IMO. £370 in the Championship is £20.55 a game and falls in the period where most will buy as the league status will be known. We won't sell many.

As for the ticket prices they confirmed also yesterday (same as this season £24, £26 and £30). You'd possibly get away with £24 at a push in the Championship though fans wouldn't exactly be queuing up to pay this. £26 and £30 would obviously have to be scrapped.

I'm still stunned and pretty worried that the club have released season tickets for sale in the middle of March with only a two week initial early bird period when the club is in the middle of a relegation battle.

All it seems to serve is getting in some immediate cash from those who buy regardless and have a spare £340 lying about at two weeks notice which is surely a worrying sign.

Any other club would wait and see what division we're playing in next season before announcing season ticket and gate/ticket prices for the season ahead.

As others have asked, do we still have a fans rep?

Just bizarre from the club tbh and worryingly desperate,

 

 

Your per match calculations only work if you can attend every game. Family commitments; holidays; work (for those lucky enough to have a job) plus home games being moved for tv means that when you buy your sesson ticket, even after the early birds and fixtures are announced, you have no idea if you will be able to attend all games. Since I moved back from The Netherlands in 1993 I have always bought a season ticket, but no longer. The game and our club's owners don't care about fans attending games anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.