Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets

Gonna miss my 8th home game this weekend due to work commitments, I've not even looked further ahead yet. A ST for me is just a way of helping the club, unfortunately the time has came where I've got to prioritise and decide what's important and what's not. Paying for a ST for me is just throwing cash away, my young lass is bored shitless with the fayre on offer and my goddaughter is off to Uni. The missus still wants to go but I'm not buying the 5 tickets we normally buy in the next fortnight and I'm not paying the full prices. So that'll be 5 ST down next season. I'm gonna be out of a job, or in a lesser paid job, too so I'm just gonna call it quits as far as shelling out daft money goes. 

Could be a good reason why the club have made an announcement today but I wouldn't bet on it with our past history. I think (guessing) that Campy is dead in the water and that FPS are on their way out and are grabbing as much dosh as possible to either tidy up the books or to recoup some of their personal losses. 

• Like 7

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I know we're only a small section of the support on here and its all a bit 'raw' but hopefully the club will get the message that they've maybe kicked the a**e out of it this time.

In the past I'd be ringing the club tomorrow to renew my ST's but its not like you need a ST to guarantee a seat in Dens, a lot of us have bought them to benefit the club rather than to benefit ourselves. I'll not be paying more than 340 quid a skull for our tickets and I'll not be buying in the next 2 weeks. I take no pleasure in this, while I'm a bit disgruntled about how we've been over the last couple of season, I'd assumed almost automatically that I'd be renewing, it wasn't a consideration and my missus was a bit surprised when I told her but it is what it is.

I hope this strategy works for the club and they get the money they're looking for but I fear they've got this one badly wrong. If that's the case I hope they're big enough to have a rethink instead of becoming entrenched about it.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 2

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

If the ST still has the free peh and cup of hot water then I'm in.  Not.

As a few others have said this is madness and as far as I can see, completely unnecessary.  I doubt the ST books have been printed yet so it may well be a case of give us your money now and pick up your book in May.  I miss a few games because of holidays and Sunday games so this is likely to be the straw that breaks the camels back for me and the two U18's.

You need to buy the hot water to get the peh mate !!!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

This is where I am. I don't miss many home games but I do miss the odd one here and there (got 2 stubs in my book this season) and my missus doesn't do the midweek games and I haven't grudged paying the money (while thinking it a bit high) in the past as its money going to the club. This is looking like my 'bridge too far', I would pay the 340 quid, admittedly through gritted teeth if we end up in the Championship but I'll not be railroaded into paying it in March. The last couple seasons I've quite enjoyed the weekends that either we've not been playing or its an away game I wasn't going to, its allowed me to do other stuff I'm into. By coincidence, last weekend I realised my mind was wandering instead of being focused on the game it was that bloody awful (DFC were the least awful but as a spectacle it was fecking awful). I don't want to be hasty but as it stands I doubt I'll get a ST this year and I'll cut down on my home games, I enjoy away games more anyway to be honest so I'll maybe be more selfish and do more of them than go to Dens. 

I'll not speculate on why the club have come out with this, that's their call, my call is whether or not to go with it and I'm finding it very easy not to. The one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that I will not be paying 395 quid a book in a last minute panic, a bawhair short of 800 quid, nah, I'm looking at the Gucci hill walking gear I can get with that.

All of that

Really disappointed with this. The timing is poor, the deal is a little bewildering and the full price cost is nothing short of ridiculous.

I hadn't even begun to consider budgeting for a ST this early in the year and with a whole load of different stuff going on here over recent months, it's something that's been a million miles from my mind. 

I really can't justify scraping about for the money within the next two weeks and I really need to see how things go before committing to anything prior to the start of May.

I know in my heart of hearts that if I don't buy a ST, then there's no way I'll be rocking up regularly and paying £24-£30 for a product I genuinely haven't enjoyed for around three years now. Like a few others have said I am beginning to look forward to weekends that I'm not going to games as much, if not more, than weekends where I am (Sunday being a prime example).

Things like the bring a friend scheme add zero value for me, because I genuinely can't give the ticket away, so it's just down to whether I a) find the money and b) justify spending it on something that's more habit that anything else.

That all said, it's easy saying all the above, but it's harder to make that emotional break and admit that I won't be going to games. Announcing this package has made that a real decision this time when it really hasn't been before now. 

The fan 'engagement' from the board has been piss poor in recent times and this will undoubtedly sour those relationships further.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I know we're only a small section of the support on here and its all a bit 'raw' but hopefully the club will get the message that they've maybe kicked the a**e out of it this time.

This is exactly my hopes as well.

In the majority, the reaction on twitter has mirrored the comments on this thread, so while we are indeed a small section of the support I would suggest this will be pretty representative of the wider opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Like a few others have said I am beginning to look forward to weekends that I'm not going to games as much, if not more, than weekends where I am (Sunday being a prime example).

I could make Sunday but got the chance of earning some extra dosh and decided that that was a better option than sitting in the cold witnessing 3000 cavemen disrespecting your club whilst their heroes leave yours chasing shadows for 90 mins. Going to support your team is dropping further down the priority list as each season passes for me.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I could make Sunday but got the chance of earning some extra dosh and decided that that was a better option than sitting in the cold witnessing 3000 cavemen disrespecting your club whilst their heroes leave yours chasing shadows for 90 mins. Going to support your team is dropping further down the priority list as each season passes for me.

With you word for word Rev. I'll be going on Sunday, but the appeal of fixtures like these are diminishing with every one that passes.

I know it's a little OT, but with the police now investigating Aberdeen fans for sectarian singing at Ibrox (who could have guessed that their first investigation into this wouldn't be pointed towards either of the bigot brothers?) I think Scottish Football is just about burst. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If I was paying on a game by game basis, this would be one I'd miss. Not because its not a saturday 3pm kick off (although paying for Sky/BT would make it an easier decision) but for the reasons you list. Why pay more to watch your team most likely take a scudding. 

37 minutes ago, barkblue said:

With you word for word Rev. I'll be going on Sunday, but the appeal of fixtures like these are diminishing with every one that passes.

I know it's a little OT, but with the police now investigating Aberdeen fans for sectarian singing at Ibrox (who could have guessed that their first investigation into this wouldn't be pointed towards either of the bigot brothers?) I think Scottish Football is just about burst. 

Wasn't aware of this, yeah those 'Sheep shaggers' with their rampant sectarianism.....

Remember mate, Sectarianism is a 'Scottish football' problem, not an OF problem (or even OF and Embra clubs problem)... best to root it out alphabetically. ;)

• Funny 2

Adblock Detected