Jump to content
The Dark Blues
WeighorstsWang

Season Tickets

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

It would be great if dfcss or someone put together a response to the club here - it seems on this topic we are all very much in agreement on here and I’m sure that’s echoed in the wider support. The club really need to start engaging properly with the fans and applying some common sense . I’m utterly bemused by this episode

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HK Blues said:

If we were to score more goals than we concede in a game we'd be top of the league and wondering who we'd be getting in the next round of the CL!

Dens would be packed out every home game and all Dundee supporters groups would be very happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dee_Dee said:

Depends on the individual I suppose Islay, I go to all the home games whether we are on TV or not. Doesn’t make any odds to me whether it’s Fri/Sat/Sun.

I realise other fans can’t do every day. Up to the individual to decide if it’s worth it to them.

I usually end up missing a game or two due to other commitments but I don’t buy my season ticket just based on how many games I’ll make, I buy it to help the club and save having to organise tickets for home games.

Hi Dee_Dee,

For a number of Dundee supporters it will be a ‘no brainer’. 

The choice between sitting by the fire on a cold Friday night watching Dundee playing at Dens live on the new BBC Scotland channel or sitting freezing in one of the half empty stands. 

Last Saturday afternoon at the Hearts game it was freezing cold sitting in the Main Stand and that was with the sun shining on a March afternoon not a freezing cold evening in December or January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re the comment above re Fans Rep, John Nelms is not interested in speaking to DFCSS never mind the fans rep. He will only speak to Kenny Ross. Not Kenny's fault but the fault of Nelms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

 our club's owners don't care about fans attending games anymore.

Absolutely.

They've not even tried to hide this the last two to three seasons.

£30 match tickets.

£26 match tickets.

£385 season tickets

2 week early bird period in March

£395 season tickets 

Lost a lot of supporters over the last 5 seasons but this summer will probably see the sharpest decline yet.

They have zero interest though. As long as the balance sheet is similar. An easier buck to make X amount from 3000 fans than the same amount from 4000 fans.

The club are desperate for money to cover the losses/shortfalls from the end of Hartley/McCann/McIntyre eras and they want to make it the easiest way possible.

Have said it 100 times.

They had the perfect base with over 4000 happy season ticket holders in 2014/15 and an average home stands support of well over 5000 for that season.

It's been p!ssed away.

Down to 3500 ST holders this season or less and an average of 4500 in the home ends.

Next season it will fall again.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a little bemused about the timing of this news, if I am totally honest.

At a time when everyone else is saying that we should be concentrating on the league and stating up, the club put out Season Ticket information for next season.

A bit premature or trying to make some money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Absolutely.

They've not even tried to hide this the last two to three seasons.

£30 match tickets.

£26 match tickets.

£385 season tickets

2 week early bird period in March

£395 season tickets 

Lost a lot of supporters over the last 5 seasons but this summer will probably see the sharpest decline yet.

They have zero interest though. As long as the balance sheet is similar. An easier buck to make X amount from 3000 fans than the same amount from 4000 fans.

The club are desperate for money to cover the losses/shortfalls from the end of Hartley/McCann/McIntyre eras and they want to make it the easiest way possible.

Have said it 100 times.

They had the perfect base with over 4000 happy season ticket holders in 2014/15 and an average home stands support of well over 5000 for that season.

It's been p!ssed away.

Down to 3500 ST holders this season or less and an average of 4500 in the home ends.

Next season it will fall again.

 

 

I hope not but by the same token, unless they extend the 2 week window I won't be renewing my 2 so part of the problem. 

I've got 400 quid of the 680 stuck away already and could 'magic up' the rest but the way they've gone about it sticks in my craw. Its not like I'll struggle to get a seat at a game on a PATG basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

I am a little bemused about the timing of this news, if I am totally honest.

At a time when everyone else is saying that we should be concentrating on the league and stating up, the club put out Season Ticket information for next season.

A bit premature or trying to make some money?

Hmmmm, call me Sherlock but I think I know the answer to this one. :lol2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Hmmmm, call me Sherlock but I think I know the answer to this one. :lol2:

I should have stated that I feel we are getting into the same approach of United, where we were putting out season tickets for three seasons in advance making money type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Dens would be packed out every home game and all Dundee supporters groups would be very happy. 

I'm sure we'd find something to complain about, Islay! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been thinking a lot about this today; Why don't we do something different with our season tickets. Why don't we offer packages to supporters, something along the lines of; 

 

Option 1 - Basic season ticket for home league games only.

Option 2 - Home league games & Betfred Cup Group stage games, free entry to reserve games. 

Option 3 - Option 1 & 2 PLUS Penman lounge access before games (drinks not included). 

Option 4 - Option 1,2,3 & DeeTV included.  

 

I do option 4. I get my season ticket, spend money at the penman lounge before the games and have DeeTV.  But why don't we offer the packages? Lets start thinking outside the box, rather than putting prices up & getting nothing back.  The club should show they appreciate the support. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Been thinking a lot about this today; Why don't we do something different with our season tickets. Why don't we offer packages to supporters, something along the lines of; 

 

Option 1 - Basic season ticket for home league games only.

Option 2 - Home league games & Betfred Cup Group stage games, free entry to reserve games. 

Option 3 - Option 1 & 2 PLUS Penman lounge access before games (drinks not included). 

Option 4 - Option 1,2,3 & DeeTV included.  

 

I do, Option 4. I get my season ticket, spend money at the penman lounge before the games and have DeeTV.  But why don't we offer the packages? Lets start thinking outside the box, rather than putting prices up & getting nothing back.  The club should show they appreciate the support. 

Don’t be so sensible. Next you’ll be suggesting a flexi 10 game type ticket. Behave yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very strange timing releasing the season ticket package  now.  Going by reading the details on the official there is no proviso for any price reduction in the event we get relegated,so basically thats the price whatever  so the club are virtually saying  these are the prices pay or dont pay.

I can certainly see a huge reduction in season tickets sold if we are in the Championship, it would be natural we would lose a few renewals because of relegation even if we lowered prices ,  but this package announced yesterday will be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of fans in my opinion,i will be honest and say i am undecided as i would would find it hard to motivate myself to P.A.T.G on a freezing Dec/Jan afternoon ,if we went down, but having a season ticket for myself and young lad means i would  be there.  I will more than likely bite the bullet and renew  no matter what division we are in but i would hardly blame fans who decided not to given the prices.   Massive own goal from the club here i fear and it needs a huge rethink.

Yes i understand the club wanting to get funds in ,but in my opinion this package will not be the way to do it, not by a long chalk.    Intersesting times ahead i think... i am preparing to strap myself in for another turbulent Dee rollercoater ride.....lets hope this time we dont end up off the rails and crashed.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I assume the timing is connected to the tax year? 

No....any 2019/20 ST sales income taken in before the end of the current accounting year (to 31st May) is treated as 'prepaid income' & will appear in the Liabilities in the Balance Sheet & not in the current season's P&L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Been thinking a lot about this today; Why don't we do something different with our season tickets. Why don't we offer packages to supporters, something along the lines of; 

 

Option 1 - Basic season ticket for home league games only.

Option 2 - Home league games & Betfred Cup Group stage games, free entry to reserve games. 

Option 3 - Option 1 & 2 PLUS Penman lounge access before games (drinks not included). 

Option 4 - Option 1,2,3 & DeeTV included.  

 

I do option 4. I get my season ticket, spend money at the penman lounge before the games and have DeeTV.  But why don't we offer the packages? Lets start thinking outside the box, rather than putting prices up & getting nothing back.  The club should show they appreciate the support. 

I think the problem with the Cup games is that after costs the gate gets divided, this would make the admin tricky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I'm sure we'd find something to complain about, Islay! 

It would be nice to be in that position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The board must be confident we are staying up!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Densparker said:

The board must be confident we are staying up!

That's one way to look at it, I hope its the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WoodStein said:

No....any 2019/20 ST sales income taken in before the end of the current accounting year (to 31st May) is treated as 'prepaid income' & will appear in the Liabilities in the Balance Sheet & not in the current season's P&L.

quite right but the cash is in the bank now which might be the whole point of the exercise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WoodStein said:

No....any 2019/20 ST sales income taken in before the end of the current accounting year (to 31st May) is treated as 'prepaid income' & will appear in the Liabilities in the Balance Sheet & not in the current season's P&L.

I knew you’d know the answer woodstein! We are lucky to have your financial brain on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I think the problem with the Cup games is that after costs the gate gets divided, this would make the admin tricky.

How did the club manage to calculate the cost of Centre Stand season tickets in the 1960’s when the home gates were split 50:50 or when the sale of ground season tickets were introduced. I am sure at that time ground season tickets were introduced the clubs still split the home gates 50:50 after the home club deducted the cost of expenses and VAT which was 10%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone has worked out already, it is a good price if you can buy now or the super early bird. I’m just hoping that we don’t have cash flow issues as I can’t remember STs ever being on sale this early, it’s also a very strange advertising ploy to sell now when you have absolutely no idea what league we will be in.

 

The problem selling STs now is there is no feel good factor at Dens, I can’t remember the last game I went to  with a bit of confidence that we could get a result,  our home record is so bad in the league and cup.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.