Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets

If this is John Nelms decision to try to sell season tickets for the 2019-20 season when he has no idea what League will be playing in next season then in my opinion he has lost the plot. 

He must think that long suffering Dundee supporters are  ‘soft touches’ and will shell out for a season ticket each year come what may..

To date I have never had a season ticket but if everything goes to Plan I am hoping to be back  living in Dundee permanently and in a position to purchase a season ticket for next season. 

Now I am not so sure as I might be cheaper paying at the gate especially if we are playing in the Championship next season as there is no way that the BoD can charge Premier League prices for Championship League games. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Do we actually have marketing staff or just sales staff? They are two different disciplines. The club should be marketed in a myriad of ways to secure positivity, fan engagement, goodwill, expectations....I could go on....then selling is easy.

The only guy we ever had at Dens that understood this was Derek Soutar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Do we actually have marketing staff or just sales staff? They are two different disciplines. The club should be marketed in a myriad of ways to secure positivity, fan engagement, goodwill, expectations....I could go on....then selling is easy.

The only guy we ever had at Dens that understood this was Derek Soutar.

Agreed. Every fan on the clubs database should be getting letters or a brochure of some sort about the season tickets through their letter box. 

But as ever, we get nothing. Just expected to buy them. 

Never take the fans for granted it only back fires. 

1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Agreed. Every fan on the clubs database should be getting letters or a brochure of some sort about the season tickets through their letter box. 

But as ever, we get nothing. Just expected to buy them. 

Never take the fans for granted it only back fires. 

According to the club website the Commercial manager at Dens is Jonny Mcinally https://dundeefc.co.uk/search/Jonny+mcinally/

He did a good job running the Sponsor dinner last October in the Invercarse Hotel but until then I had never heard of him let alone knew what he looked like. He appears to be basically anonymous. 

I have just had a look at the club website and amazingly the Dundee FC board of directors are charging the same price nextbseason for non season ticket holders who decide to pay at the gate at every home game either by cash or purchasing a ticket in the club shop. 

Surely supporters can not be expected to pay Premier League admission prices if we are playing in the Championship. 

Nobody in the right mind would pay £24 to watch Dundee playing Alloa or Arbroath at Dens. 

9 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

According to the club website the Commercial manager at Dens is Jonny Mcinally https://dundeefc.co.uk/search/Jonny+mcinally/

He did a good job running the Sponsor dinner last October in the Invercarse Hotel but until then I had never heard of him let alone knew what he looked like. He appears to be basically anonymous. 

I have just had a look at the club website and amazingly the Dundee FC board of directors are charging the same price nextbseason for non season ticket holders who decide to pay at the gate at every home game either by cash or purchasing a ticket in the club shop. 

Surely supporters can not be expected to pay Premier League admission prices if we are playing in the Championship. 

Nobody in the right mind would pay £24 to watch Dundee playing Alloa or Arbroath at Dens. 

They might to see a win!

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Wasn't aware of this, yeah those 'Sheep shaggers' with their rampant sectarianism.....

Remember mate, Sectarianism is a 'Scottish football' problem, not an OF problem (or even OF and Embra clubs problem)... best to root it out alphabetically;)

Which, of course, will end as follows.....

10 - Saint Johnstone

11 - Saint Mirren

12 - The Rangers

14 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

They might to see a win!

Considering the way the team has played this season I think that they would struggle to beat Fort William FC at Dens. 

Fort William FC are currently  bottom of the Highland League having up to last Saturday night having played 26 games and conceded 187 goals. With a bit of luck we might scrape a 1-0 win 

6 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Considering the way the team has played this season I think that they would struggle to beat Fort William FC at Dens. 

Fort William FC are currently  bottom of the Highland League having up to last Saturday night having played 26 games and conceded 187 goals. With a bit of luck we might scrape a 1-0 win 

I think that we have been really unlucky with some of our games recently. It seems more down to bad luck and us giving other teams a 'gift' than the other teams actually playing well to beat us. If we can get rid of the defensive errors and put away our chances, we could actually win a lot more games than we are losing right now. Hearts game was a perfect example of we lost the game by our own mistakes than the opposition actually being better than us.

We need to get Nelson back and maybe Davies in defence with McGowan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I think that we have been really unlucky with some of our games recently. It seems more down to bad luck and us giving other teams a 'gift' than the other teams actually playing well to beat us. If we can get rid of the defensive errors and put away our chances, we could actually win a lot more games than we are losing right now. Hearts game was a perfect example of we lost the game by our own mistakes than the opposition actually being better than us.

We need to get Nelson back and maybe Davies in defence with McGowan.

Our problem this season and also last season is scoring goals. 

Edited by islaydarkblue
Alteration

1 minute ago, islaydarkblue said:

Our problem this season and also last season is scoring goals. 

No, our problem this season is the amount of goals that we have shipped. We have the highest goals against in this league and that tells you all that you need to know.

We have been gifting goals left right and centre this season and that needs to stop. We need to make it hard for other teams to score against us, that way if we can;'t score we can at least get a point from the game.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected