The Dark Blues
Neil Cameron

Reception for Scott Bain

Rate this topic

I was wondering what sort of reception Scott Bain will get on Sunday as he will more than likely play.  I for one hope that he gets a reasonable reception. He was a reasonable keeper in my eyes and was a bit  unlucky not to get a Scotland cap whilst he was playing for us.

8 minutes ago, Neil Cameron said:

I was wondering what sort of reception Scott Bain will get on Sunday as he will more than likely play.  I for one hope that he gets a reasonable reception. He was a reasonable keeper in my eyes and was a bit  unlucky not to get a Scotland cap whilst he was playing for us.

The contempt he felt for Dee's became clear when he left, would love if we just ignored him but doubt that will happen.

Guard of honour hopefully.

• Funny 1

Expecting a mixture of everything to begin with - a few folk will shout abuse, some will clap(probably to counter the abuse) and most will give him no reception. 

I reckon it'll sour throughout the game though. Someone will inevitably shout something because they're pissed off that we're getting run over and he'll turn around like he always did to let us know he heard it. He'll probably pull a face and someone in the coxy will pop a blood vessel in rage. 

Ideally that won't happen and it's a non event but I don't trust either party to not get pissed off and respond. 

• Like 1

Think giving any opposition player a bit of verbals is what any home support should do. No need for any special treatment for Bain IMO.

he'll certainly get a nice reception on the park...when we give him one of the easiest games of his career

He wasn't exactly a fans' favourite before he left so I've no doubt he's in for a hostile reception.

52 minutes ago, BCram said:

Think giving any opposition player a bit of verbals is what any home support should do. No need for any special treatment for Bain IMO.

Counterproductive imo, only results in the player trying harder. Bain will inevitably have the last laugh and the fans will end up with egg on their faces. Better just to ignore him as he'll be desperate to shut the fans up.

• Like 3

In the unlikely event we get a penalty Bain will do what he never ever looked like doing. He'll save it. 

Scott Bain is dead to me, and I no longer care about him as he is no longer a Dundee player. I am just sorry that it all ended the way that it did, but I will blame Neil McCann mostly for the way he treated Bain.

I for one wouldn't be giving Bain any special treatment as that would most likely spur him into having the game of his like. Just ignore him, that is what we we should be doing in all honesty.

• Like 2

Hopefully he'll do his back in picking the ball out of his net multiple times.

Bigger things to worry about than Scott B.

I’m sure both he and a few fans will indulge themselves mind you. 

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Spot on.

1 hour ago, barkblue said:

Spot on.

Yup, some seem to prefer the off field drama than the game itself. Saying that.... I can maybe get why with the way things have gone over the last few years. :(

• Like 1

The best thing we could do would be totally ignore him because he'll take great pleasure in taunting us.

• Like 2

Think we should focus on our own performance and hanging on to 11th spot in the division.  

2 hours ago, Valentke said:

We are getting pumped either way, if shouting abuse at Bain makes some 1 feel better then fair play!

On 15/03/2019 at 20:09, charliedee said:

he'll certainly get a nice reception on the park...when we give him one of the easiest games of his career

Have SOME hope ffs! However, in hindsight, falling out with Neil McCann seems like a good character trait.

• Funny 1