Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Conspiracy Theory. With Absolutely No Proof.

Napper

Selling season books so early .. does it not smack of the tangerine hoards a couple of seasons ago when they were selling early? seems to me, it could be taken as a need for dosh ... especially when we have no idea what division we will be playing in next season.. like I say, no proof.. but, slightly worrying? why the need to start generating cash so early?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
23 minutes ago, gblue said:

If we get relegated surely the board would have to decide if JM was the way forward for us or if to bring someone else in 

I think Nelms made it pretty clear in Sunday's programme that McIntyre has done enough to keep his job regardless of whether we're relegated.

How can you make decisions about whom to sign for next season if we do not know which league we will be playing in. That means you would have to offer a player two sets of wages, one for playing in the Premier League and one if we get relegated to the Championship. 

In my opinion selling season tickets for next season two months before the end of the current league season is very strange. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

26 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

How can you make decisions about whom to sign for next season if we do not know which league we will be playing in. That means you would have to offer a player two sets of wages, one for playing in the Premier League and one if we get relegated to the Championship. 

In my opinion selling season tickets for next season two months before the end of the current league season is very strange. 

If a Queen of the South player is earning say £400 a week, Dundee can probably offer him £1k regardless of what league we're playing in. Even if we go down it's still a step up for the player and a decent chance of a Championship winner's medal and a return to the top flight.

I wonder if the concerns expressed about the number of ST sales for next season have been noticed by the board? I know it's only a forum but social media can wipe billions off the value of very media savvy companies. I've been very disappointed with the increasing pessimism in the supporters. IMO we should be getting right behind this team and the manager. I'm not blameless, I think we don't try hard enough as a team to stop the opposition from scoring goals, but I'm sure the only way out is to get behind them on match days

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCram said:

I wonder if the concerns expressed about the number of ST sales for next season have been noticed by the board? I know it's only a forum but social media can wipe billions off the value of very media savvy companies. I've been very disappointed with the increasing pessimism in the supporters. IMO we should be getting right behind this team and the manager. I'm not blameless, I think we don't try hard enough as a team to stop the opposition from scoring goals, but I'm sure the only way out is to get behind them on match days

I think it's beyond the stage where better backing by fans would help, the players simply are not good enough. McIntyre brought in better than he had but in a difficult window his hands were a bit tied.

I'll say it again and I will keep on saying it our situation is entirely down to McCann's appointment, bring an experienced man in at that stage and we consolidate before trying stupid projects and implementing nonsense philosophies that no player will ever understand.

• Like 1

We’ve budgeted for top 6 again I would assume. There has been next to no income from the cups. Only a small amount from player sales. Crowds are lower than would be expected. We’ve had to pay off a manager and half his players plus pay for a whole new team in January.

I think it is safe to say the club will be making massive losses this year, much bigger than previously. This is clearly in my mind is an attempt to get fans to cover some of those losses. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cobra said:

If a Queen of the South player is earning say £400 a week, Dundee can probably offer him £1k regardless of what league we're playing in. Even if we go down it's still a step up for the player and a decent chance of a Championship winner's medal and a return to the top flight.

Hi Cobra,

Suppose offer a Queen of the South player £1k per week (£50,000 per annum) and then we are relegated at the end of this season how are FPS going to balance the books for the year ending 31st May 2020 if they are still here. 

I realise that we will receive a parachute payment but crazy salaries being paid when we were last in the Championship resulted in Admin 2. 

14 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

This is clearly in my mind is an attempt to get fans to cover some of those losses. 

Hi Edin-Dee, I think all the points you have made in your post are fair, and I agree with them all.

I'm no sure anyone would ever say that the financial backing FPS has been less than expected.

As you have said "they have budgeted for top six"  Not only has that not happened, we find we

are in a position, fighting to hold on to our place in the Premiership. This, as well as the other

points you have raised, (inc. poor performances & basically no points) are the reason (imo) for

the falling attendances And the resulting shortfall in income to the Club. There has to be a time,

when the Americans will say "enough is enough" The clumsy way this so called early ticket offer

has been announced, may be an indication that this time is drawing near. I have highlighted the

bit of your post, which I think makes that relevant point.

However, looking at the bigger picture (& maybe going a bit off track) ... I'f I've been reading this

right, it appears JN is happy with the progress being made under JM...(And maybe I am as well)

So the question is ... Is he finally the right man to lead us to the Top Six (definitely no this season)

We do need a period of stability (& hope)...For the FPS/BOD/ DFC/ FANS.  Any other views:chaplin:

44 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Cobra,

Suppose offer a Queen of the South player £1k per week (£50,000 per annum) and then we are relegated at the end of this season how are FPS going to balance the books for the year ending 31st May 2020 if they are still here. 

I realise that we will receive a parachute payment but crazy salaries being paid when we were last in the Championship resulted in Admin 2. 

There could be two wages on offer, clauses may also be in force for players we've got with wage reductions in the case of relegation, that's standard practice that teams like ourselves usually go for. We've also got a lot of players out of contract in the summer.

It'd be tough but I'm not losing any sleep over signing a Queen of the South player on a pre-contract. You'd think he'd be obtainable in either division.

• Star Post 1

Adblock Detected