The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 1 Celtic (Home 16th March 2019)

Rate this topic

Well what can I say, 6 finally ends up 7 minutes after Madden thinks that the game magically has 6 minutes extra time on it.

Raging, you better believe it.....

Dundee 0 - 1 Celtic

Well what did you expect us to do? Go toe to toe an get well and truly pumped like we did in October against them? It was always gonna be backs to the wall stuff, didn’t expect anything out the game, never do against Celtic with our record against them but to concede late on like that is sickening.

agree on how deep we were though an maybe be a bit braver with the ball instead of just pumping it up the park to no one needed to push out/up a lot more as it was just coming back every time.

sorry this was meant for the match thread but it got closed before I could reply haha

Edited by Derrygunner
  • Like 1

Had a good game. Never fell for Sinclair's antics and kept the game ticking over where others would have pulled up fouls straight away. 

8/10.

Why was Andy dales not brought on before the 90th minute? Surely he should be higher up the pecking order than 'Big Jessie' Curran.

Probably because he's absolutely murder. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

If the defence had played like this earlier in the season we would not be in the predicament we are in now. 

• Like 4

Apart from the added on time he had a no bad game imo..

4 minutes would have sufficed I think.

• Like 1

Very unlucky not to hang on for a point today,   Celtic had the majority of possession and chances but i thought we defended excellently and our organisation and work rate were first class.

A very disciplined performance from the Dee and if we can keep up the same levels of concentration and dogged detemination in defence  the rest of the season then maybe just maybe  we can  do enough at the other end to  secure a few vital wins to keep us in the division.

Cant fault the game plan or effort today and with just a little more composure  we could have maybe sneaked a goal, the performance today should surely give the players confidence going forward that they can defend well as a unit  and be hard to beat.

Onwards and upwards .

DDYB

Most gutted I've been after a game for a long time. Probably still too raw to look at it but I'm sure after a sleep the players can't look at the positives. 

Hopefully Celtic give Lennon the job full time. They'd have pumped us under Rodgers. 

• Star Post 1

A hard shift and a lot of effort put in today but embarrassing that they saved that for the game they have the least chance of winning. We wouldn’t be where we are putting in shifts like that every week  

I expect the same as today for all remaining games this season and believe there is a chance to stay up if we do. Anything less and we’ll get what is deserved. 

• Like 1

Martin woods cost us the game 3 times he fucked it up in the last minutes, but f**k knows how 6 minutes came about fukn joke  fukn rageing  

• Star Post 1

Surely you bring on Hadenius or Kerr instead of Jesse Curran?? I'm not sure what JCurran does besides run fast, but seen as how we were parking the bus why not bring on Cammy or the Swede to try and see things out. 

And Dales - his final product whether it be a pass or a shot is shocking. Woods isn't good, Dieng saved his bacon after his 1st half mistake, but his second half error finished us, but I will say that the players can't be faulted for their efforts today - they gave it their all. 

Asst Ref should have just written on the injury time board 'we play until Tic score'. What a joke.

1 minute ago, Stampguy said:

urely you bring on Hadenius or Kerr instead of Jesse Curran?? I'm not sure what JCurran does besides run fast, but seen as how we were parking the bus why not bring on Cammy or the Swede to try and see things out. 

Yes - agree with this. Curran offers very little defensively and not too much offensively. He is fast but ineffective.  I would have preferred Cammy Kerr in front of the fullback to stop the wide threat. Curran never stopped Hayes once, not even close.

The six minutes was absolutely harsh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stampguy said:

Surely you bring on Hadenius or Kerr instead of Jesse Curran?? I'm not sure what JCurran does besides run fast, but seen as how we were parking the bus why not bring on Cammy or the Swede to try and see things out. 

And Dales - his final product whether it be a pass or a shot is shocking. Woods isn't good, Dieng saved his bacon after his 1st half mistake, but his second half error finished us, but I will say that the players can't be faulted for their efforts today - they gave it their all. 

Asst Ref should have just written on the injury time board 'we play until Tic score'. What a joke.

It’s hard to disagree with any of your post.

From the 80th minute our RB was struggling to cope, all the danger was coming from there.

• Star Post 1

Good disciplined performance today.

Thought O'Dea was class.

Could have actually won it.

Robbed from the officials of a point.

Disgrace.

• Like 2

Kerr has regularly been ripped apart from Hayes. At least Curran can nearly keep up with him. He also opened Celtic up twice with just taking the ball on and advancing. Cammy would have just hoofed it as far away as possible bringing pressure straight back onto us. 

• Like 2

I thought Madden had a good game and 6 minutes seemed about right considering the multiple head injuries and 6 substitutions. It was a sore one to take so late on, and it was predictable as soon as the board for 6 min went up, but Celtic are miles ahead of us and the better team won unfortunately. Good effort which I hope we'll see away from the tv cameras in the crucial weeks ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Kerr has regularly been ripped apart from Hayes. At least Curran can nearly keep up with him. He also opened Celtic up twice with just taking the ball on and advancing. Cammy would have just hoofed it as far away as possible bringing pressure straight back onto us. 

Did he not have to move to left wing because Kerr had him in his pocket, in his Anerdeen days?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

Did he not have to move to left wing because Kerr had him in his pocket, in his Anerdeen days?

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. At least on a couple of occasions he was kept quiet by Cammy  and switched  to the opposite side and  supplied the winner on  at least one occasion. Still think Cammy is one of our better one v one defenders although perhaps not at his best this season although that could be said of quite alot.

1 hour ago, Dundeefc93 said:

Martin woods cost us the game 3 times he fucked it up in the last minutes, but f**k knows how 6 minutes came about fukn joke  fukn rageing  

He will still be the First name on the team selection, every match, McIntyre's love child.

• Star Post 1

13 minutes ago, BCram said:

In one game, yes. He was also targeted by numerous teams as our weak point. Because he had his number once we should sacrifice any chance of ball retention in the hope that Hayes doesn't rip him (like he has, numerous times before)? 

Cammy instead of Jesse would have helped-Hayes got round the back 4 times I think.

But Woods lost the ball in midfield for the goal.

Still no creativity in midfield but best we have defended for a while.

Defended well.

But

In the upcoming games where we simply have to get 3 points, JM will not set up that way again. Will he?.

3 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Cammy instead of Jesse would have helped-Hayes got round the back 4 times I think.

But Woods lost the ball in midfield for the goal.

Still no creativity in midfield but best we have defended for a while.

Kerr won't be picked to play again under JM unless we only have 10 fit players. He hasn't featured at all in last 7 games even though we've had some awful defensive displays.