Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Mr Sensible

On the Other Side of the World

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

But that result today/tonight has cheered me up....

There bang average as I said in posts this week, we have to take advantage tomorrow and follow it up with a string of consistent results...

3 points tomorrow.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was very pleasant evening watching the game at Alloa.  But also shows what a painfully close league we are in.  I still think we can do better with the players we have and am heading to dens tomorrow more hopeful than usual.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have a problem with smaller teams because they have this arrogance about them that they think they just need to turn up and win now. Long may that attitude continue because it will be there inevitable downfall:) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It shows that if you set the team up correctly against them they are very much beatable.

Huge game against Arbroath, given the circumstances 3 points is very much required.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaks volumes about this league, as if we shouldn’t know what the Championship Is like already. 

Enough to quench the panic in my mind of late and an opportunity for MCP & Co.to prove the doubters wrong. 

As previous posters have said, plenty of twists and turns to go yet. 

Still have some serious questions about our performances and managerial capabilities but this result puts things more into perspective. Onwards and upwards.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wins for Dundee v Arbroath and Ayr v ICT would see us a point behind Inverness and topple the Arabs from top.

Big opportunity, can we do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can't win at home against a team unlikely to be challenging us for a play-off spot then Utd could lose as much as they like as we won't be taking advantage of their slip ups.

It's not a must win today, but the result may well tell us how this season could pan out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After last night I think the performance we get today will tell us all we need to know about our players.

Good performance will tell us they see what we see, that United are not the great side they and their fans think they are, and that they have a chance in this division.

Poor performance will tell us we have yet another couldn't care less squad.

By the way, loved that a lot of their super loyal fans left early last night and the ones that stayed boo'd them the at the end.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Spain myself and just realised that the filth lost to bottom of the league Alloa! What a start to the weekend. Let's take advantage. Mon the Dee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dee1893 said:

They have a problem with smaller teams because they have this arrogance about them that they think they just need to turn up and win now. Long may that attitude continue because it will be there inevitable downfall:) 

If you're right in what you're saying dee' (& you probably are) there might be some excuse for clubs/teams that have ben relegated & entering their first season in the Championship, approaching a game like this with a misplaced feeling of superiority, But this being their 4th Season doon, they (& their manager) should hae mair sense. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure their Manager Neilson, before the game, quoted (BBC Comments) something along the line of the game against Alloa, would give them a chance to consolidate their position & show ther superiority.

(Better add I am still no near the gloating stage) ... But there is still a long season (& plenty games to play) ahead, for all Clubs in the Championship :happyyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are far from being a great team and Alloa completely outplayed them. They should have won by more. Flanagan was again superb, he is some player. Utd. Are beginning Spence's rubbish that they will run away with the league. It is too early to predict how things will pan out, but you can bet that Partick will now make a move with MacCall in charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

They are far from being a great team and Alloa completely outplayed them. They should have won by more. Flanagan was again superb, he is some player. Utd. Are beginning Spence's rubbish that they will run away with the league. It is too early to predict how things will pan out, but you can bet that Partick will now make a move with MacCall in charge.

I think Partick will make bit of a surge under McCall but it might not happen until after the window opens. The old adage 'you can only pish with the cock you've got' comes to mind and I think until McCall can bring in new faces it'll be a steady the ship and hope to pick up the odd point exercise and they're likely to be very stuffy for a while.

But because I wrote that of course they'll likely beat us in the next game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I think Partick will make bit of a surge under McCall but it might not happen until after the window opens. The old adage 'you can only pish with the cock you've got' comes to mind and I think until McCall can bring in new faces it'll be a steady the ship and hope to pick up the odd point exercise and they're likely to be very stuffy for a while.

But because I wrote that of course they'll likely beat us in the next game.

Prince, McCall has had the benefit of playing us at Dens albeit he ended up with a loss, he is coming back with a side of lesser quality and expect will set up to defend in depth and use the quality of Miller on the counter.
We are proving to be the tightest defence in the league ruined by one daft result. We are not scoring enough at the moment but sides are finding it pretty difficult to score against us and I think that this will only get better as the midfield settles down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Prince, McCall has had the benefit of playing us at Dens albeit he ended up with a loss, he is coming back with a side of lesser quality and expect will set up to defend in depth and use the quality of Miller on the counter.
We are proving to be the tightest defence in the league ruined by one daft result. We are not scoring enough at the moment but sides are finding it pretty difficult to score against us and I think that this will only get better as the midfield settles down. 

And McCall has the stain of Stainrods  shoe wihich should stain his career for ever. See how many times I got the word stain in there? Oh just done it again,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I think Partick will make bit of a surge under McCall but it might not happen until after the window opens. The old adage 'you can only pish with the cock you've got' comes to mind and I think until McCall can bring in new faces it'll be a steady the ship and hope to pick up the odd point exercise and they're likely to be very stuffy for a while.

But because I wrote that of course they'll likely beat us in the next game.

Agree with this, with the backing of a euro lottery winner behind them, thistle could easily hijack the top 4 in next few months, good time to play them though in next couple of weeks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

I think Partick will make bit of a surge under McCall but it might not happen until after the window opens. The old adage 'you can only pish with the cock you've got' comes to mind and I think until McCall can bring in new faces it'll be a steady the ship and hope to pick up the odd point exercise and they're likely to be very stuffy for a while.

But because I wrote that of course they'll likely beat us in the next game.

You are probably right, but they have already decent players in Penrice, Palmer, if that is his surname etc, which if McCall, if he gets them organised can get some good results before NY. Hope their revival does not start against us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

Agree with this, with the backing of a euro lottery winner behind them, thistle could easily hijack the top 4 in next few months, good time to play them though in next couple of weeks....

He’s been backing them for months and they’ve done hee haw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mr Sensible said:

Agree with this, with the backing of a euro lottery winner behind them, thistle could easily hijack the top 4 in next few months, good time to play them though in next couple of weeks....

Has there nor been a fall out with the money man?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

And McCall has the stain of Stainrods  shoe wihich should stain his career for ever. See how many times I got the word stain in there? Oh just done it again,

Billy, was that not the stain “In” Stainrod’s shoe. There are lots of pranks fit for a dressing room and that was not one of them, fell  into the category of animal for me, he would have been chewing the boot if it had been me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Has there nor been a fall out with the money man?

The club is in the process of being sold to a foreign consortium. Same people who own Barnsley apparently. A lot of their fans are concerned about the sale and their lottery winner fan has stopped putting funds into the club because of this.

Partick fans, with the backing of the lottery winner, are now intending to make a counter offer to buy the club. So it is all a bit up in the air at the moment with what direction the club will go in. The foreign consortium seem to want to use Partick as a Barnleys feeder club. The lottery winner wants them to be a self sufficient community club. So I don't see a big cash injection coming in regardless of who takes over.

I suspect the uncertainty will go on for most of this season so would be surprised if Partick become serious contenders for promotion. The McCall effect will only take them so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.