The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Man of the Match: Arbroath (Home, 05 Oct 2019)

Rate this topic

Who was your man of the match?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

• Hamilton
    • McGhee
    • Forster
    • Meekings
    • Mackie
    • Dorrans
    • Byrne
    • Marshall
    • McGowan
    • Hemmings
    • McDaid
    • Todd
    • Robertson
    • Johnson

Who was your man of the match against Arbroath ?

Dorrans McDaid McGowan and McGhee were the top performers with Dorrans the pick for me. 

• Like 1

Whilst Dorrans ran the midfield and is at a different level and my MoTM.... but I also rated Forster who got on the end of a lot of balls into the box and generally played well

• Like 2

Dorrans is beginning to show his quality and J McP is going to have a tough choice when he has Ness back fit with a midfield choice of Todd, Byrne, Robertson, Ness, Dorrans, McGowan, McDaid. 

• Like 2

No failures (although Meekings did try hard) but no real standouts for me either.

Dorrans will be a real asset and I thought that was Byrne's best game for us until he got injured. However with no real obvious choice I went for the two goal hero! 

• Like 1

Dorrans, will be quality as he gets fitter 

Dorrans for his control of the game but just as someone said earlier Byrne playing in his favoured position had his best game for us.

He's a defensive mid, not a left winger ffs!

• Like 2

Dorrans , McDaid , McGhee and Gowser the stand outs for me . McDaids goals gets him my vote 

• Like 2

Gowser was back to his best.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Densparker said:

Gowser was back to his best.

I like Gowser and whilst he was good, my only gripe is that he goes down too easily, too many times he was looking for the foul, lost possession and put us on the back foot whilst waiting for a decision that was never coming, surprised he didn’t see that earlier and got on with it.

Went for McDaid.

He's struggled at times this season and did again early on yesterday but proved to be the difference in a must-win game for us.

He was involved in everything yesterday in the second half and more performances like that will prove vital for us.

Dorrans looks every bit the top drawer player we hoped we were signing and is quickly getting up to speed.

I would imagine he'll scoop quite a few MOM awards as we march to the top of the league 😉

• Like 1

McDaid simply because he scored the 2 goals and has taken a lot of stick. Could have just as easily been Dorrans. 

On 06/10/2019 at 10:46, Huggs66 said:

I like Gowser and whilst he was good, my only gripe is that he goes down too easily, too many times he was looking for the foul, lost possession and put us on the back foot whilst waiting for a decision that was never coming, surprised he didn’t see that earlier and got on with it.

Sorry Huggs have to disagree with you slightly. I have just noticed over the last couple of games how many fouls Gowser was winning for us.

29 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

Sorry Huggs have to disagree with you slightly. I have just noticed over the last couple of games how many fouls Gowser was winning for us.

He certainly wins a few, however he is more often than not, playing for the foul rather than the lay off, more times than not it is when he is facing our goal, doesn’t get the foul then we have a man on the ground and the ball travelling the wrong way whilst our midfield is reacting to not receiving the foul as was the case a number of time on Saturday. A better team will punish this. 

I am a gowser fan and he is at his best when he is facing the opposition and going forward by all means play for the foul in the opposition half not inside ours.

Gowser is unbelievably brave on the ball and never hides - also very very clever how he protects it and in tur can win us loads of free kicks . A wee criticism is sometimes he hangs on a bit too long to the ball and doesn’t use an easier option 

• Like 2