The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

BoD should talk to him asap, yes it would be harsh on JMcP but the club have done this before and it's all about the end result.

We could win this league with Ross in charge, we wont with the current manager.

Tin hat firmly on.....................

What a crazy decision. They are only four points off automatic promotion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

New owners with money, looking for a change, wouldn’t be surprised if this is based upon feedback from the dressing room due to pop stars not wishing to be told what to do. Some may recall the documentary on TV re the shambles that is Sunderland FC, I am surprised that he lasted beyond the end of last season. 

Just now, Huggs66 said:

New owners with money, looking for a change, wouldn’t be surprised if this is based upon feedback from the dressing room due to pop stars not wishing to be told what to do. Some may recall the documentary on TV re the shambles that is Sunderland FC, I am surprised that he lasted beyond the end of last season. 

From what I read it appears the sale of the club collapsed today and the fed-up owner has responded by sacking the manager after what was a disappointing defeat at Lincoln.

I don't think a club should ever sack a manager just after a painful defeat like we did with Duffy. Any team can lose a game of football. You need to wait for the emotions to subside and then look at the bigger picture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

The BBC coverage of the story included the stat that, since his appointment, only Liverpool and Manchester City had lost fewer league games than Sunderland.

Hope they now get their Kernaghan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Head Shaker said:

BoD should talk to him asap, yes it would be harsh on JMcP but the club have done this before and it's all about the end result.

There’s more chance of me having a fling with Margot Robbie than Jack Ross arriving at Dens just now.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, OCDee said:

The BBC coverage of the story included the stat that, since his appointment, only Liverpool and Manchester City had lost fewer league games than Sunderland.

Hope they now get their Kernaghan.

Do you mean MacIntyre?  🤣🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Head Shaker said:

Regardless of how shitey it would be to treat anybody like that, I very much doubt Ross would join a 2nd tier side in Scotland.  He's not done a bad job at Sunderland so his stock might be still high. 

9 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Do you mean MacIntyre?  🤣🤣

Was he worse than Kerno?

Time for a poll.......

On 08/10/2019 at 16:48, Cobra said:

Agree.

They are an absolute basket case of a club. Spunked million’s on players while in the premier league and at one point could have been renamed Man United Rejects FC. 

Fans have a sense of entitle and think  they are a big club because they have a big following and stadium when in reality they are a f**cking shambles who will likely not be in the premier league again for a considerable period of time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Agree.

They are an absolute basket case of a club. Spunked million’s on players while in the premier league and at one point could have been renamed Man United Rejects FC. 

Fans have a sense of entitle and think  they are a big club because they have a big following and stadium when in reality they are a f**cking shambles who will likely not be in the premier league again for a considerable period of time. 

When you think that some clubs have one guy in charge with the power to hire and fire even though he's no smarter or more sensible than the fan who boos his own players minutes into a game, it's no real surprise that you have demented decisions made that turn an ok situation into something a whole worse.

2 hours ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Aye, they may be 'in exile' for a number of years, to sort their problems out.....but there are also a number of other clubs, incl a few on this side of the border, who could well be described in this way. 

He'll be at Tynecastle by Christmas...

23 hours ago, OCDee said:

Was he worse than Kerno?

Time for a poll.......

Don't need a poll to know that McIntyre is probably the worst manager in Dundee's history... Kerno was spotted out celebrating the fact that someone over took him in that position.

10 hours ago, andrak said:

He'll be at Tynecastle by Christmas...

Was there not some foul fall out there?

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Was there not some foul fall out there?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/in-full/jack-ross-craig-levein-thought-i-was-no-longer-a-fit-at-hearts-1-4443884

The fallout seems to have been with Levein. I wasn't thinking he (Levein) would go back to being Director of Football. Still he seems to be a very weird fish and little he does is surprising these days. I might be proved right yet.

9 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Don't need a poll to know that McIntyre is probably the worst manager in Dundee's history... Kerno was spotted out celebrating the fact that someone over took him in that position.

DB, that is a very close call to make, McIntyre never gave up a 3 goal lead like Kerno did against Clyde in a Wet midweek game. Granted McIntyre never had one to give up however I think it is a shared worst ever.