Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Cobra

Dundee V Partick

Rate this topic

Dundee v Partick  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. What'll happen when the Jags visit Dens



Recommended Posts

Very interesting this game this one as Kenny Miller returns to Dens for the first time in red, yellow and black.

The Jags have lost all four home league games but away from home they've picked up a win, two draws and a defeat. Curiously their own away defeat came when they led 2-0 from the 28th to 72nd minute in Greenock and somehow came away with nothing.

Both teams have scored in all Partick's away games but Dundee have kept an impressive 3 clean sheets out of 4 so it's hard to know what to expect here.

Can the Dee continue their strong home form against one of the league's bigger clubs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can get our strikers scoring and raise their confidence someone will take a doing  . 4-1 Dees with a Hemmings double included

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good guys of Glasgow. Sadly Kenny Miller is a prick and Ian McCall is a prick, time to give someone a bit of a hiding Dundee.

3-0. Hemmings x2, Johnson from the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fancy two up top - a win will start to put some momentum together . Home win , smiling dees, still some moans around the ground tho !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I fancy two up top - a win will start to put some momentum together . Home win , smiling dees, still some moans around the ground tho !

I don't understand why we'd change something that worked pretty well last time and created enough chances (including for Hemmings) to win two games.

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I fancy two up top - a win will start to put some momentum together . Home win , smiling dees, still some moans around the ground tho !

DBK, I would like to see 2 up top with Hemmings supported by Johnston at the expense of Mackie, we have created numerous chances which have fallen to the wrong person with Gowser being a bit of a culprit in this, if we have 2 finishers on the park then it will up the odds the chances will come to the right guy, Johnson for me should be starting.

Partick don't have the fasted of front lines however Miller will take a chance if it arrives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

 still some moans around the ground tho !

Only if the bench doesn't run right round he track and into The Derry celebrating the goals though.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barkblue said:

I don't understand why we'd change something that worked pretty well last time and created enough chances (including for Hemmings) to win two games.

Normally would agree but I think thistle may be tougher to crack - plus we don’t want to be too predictable for teams coming to dens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huggs66 said:

DBK, I would like to see 2 up top with Hemmings supported by Johnston at the expense of Mackie, we have created numerous chances which have fallen to the wrong person with Gowser being a bit of a culprit in this, if we have 2 finishers on the park then it will up the odds the chances will come to the right guy, Johnson for me should be starting.

Partick don't have the fasted of front lines however Miller will take a chance if it arrives.

 

I like the look of Johnston and would like him starting this one as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarkBlueKnight said:

Normally would agree but I think thistle may be tougher to crack - plus we don’t want to be too predictable for teams coming to dens?

I'd rather we found a formation that works and pretty much stuck to it. The teams that tends to win leagues don't set out differently every week, they know what they're good at and believe they can win most weeks doing that.

I know the modern way is to constantly tinker the formation, line-up and tactics but I've watched season after season of our players looking completely befuddled by what they're getting asked to this week as the manager tries to show just how clever and versatile they are.

Appreciate what you're saying regarding us missing chances but that's been happening no matter the formation and I'd rather we created a lot and missed a few than created a few and then missed all of them. Hardly the most positive thinking but if we can stay solid at the back with the 5 in midfield then, to me, as a team struggling to score, then we've more chance of winning than if we get involved in a goal-fest.

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I'd rather we found a formation that works and pretty much stuck to it. The teams that tends to win leagues don't set out differently every week, they know what they're good at and believe they can win most weeks doing that.

I know the modern way is to constantly tinker the formation, line-up and tactics but I've watched season after season of our players looking completely befuddled by what they're getting asked to this week as the manager tries to show just how clever and versatile they are.

Appreciate what you're saying regarding us missing chances but that's been happening no matter the formation and I'd rather we created a lot and missed a few than created a few and then missed all of them. Hardly the most positive thinking but if we can stay solid at the back with the 5 in midfield then, to me, as a team struggling to score, then we've more chance of winning than if we get involved in a goal-fest.

Agree - I’m not a fan for tinkering for tinkerings sake , tinks very much 😂. But at the moment I don’t think any of us know the best  eleven , or the secret of creating/scoring more . Until it’s clearer I think we will continue to see line up curve balls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Agree - I’m not a fan for tinkering for tinkerings sake , tinks very much 😂. But at the moment I don’t think any of us know the best  eleven , or the secret of creating/scoring more . Until it’s clearer I think we will continue to see line up curve balls

I think you're probably right mate. For me we've always looked less likely to look with only one up front and for that reason alone I'm sceptical of altering from that approach.

I do totally understand the desire for two of Hemmings, Johnson and Nelson to start. Ideally I'd like to see that too but just don't think we have the midfield personnel to do it without over-exposing the full backs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think there's a difference in approach needed. We don't have a settled team or a choice of systems that we can play with confidence. Would rather we stuck with the formation that was used last time out. Give Meekings a chance to play as a CB and I think we will see him get his form back. The bench looked really strong and there were opportunities to change things if it had been necessary.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Dee said:

Think I read Ness has started training - should he come straight back in ? 

Not entirely convinced by Mackie at LM, but I'd go same again if we can. I'd love to see us get away from the constant chopping and changing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a bit of confidence going in to this one,

will win this at a canter!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCram said:

Give Meekings a chance to play as a CB and I think we will see him get his form back.

I don't, I think he's well and truly finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Do we keep same formation as last game or go to 2 up top ?

2 up top at home against Partick?.  

Nelson and Johnson on the bench against Arbroath at home  - so can't see it v  Jags. 

Only way will be if JMP goes rogue (as per DABs game), and wants to try and stick it to McCall.

Edited by Dondeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went for a coffee with pal who is spying for the Dabs and has watched 5 of our league games.(no not him!😂)

He said Byrne should sit and Dorrans and McGowan should sit in front left and right with Dorrans asked to push on and link with Hemmings. He said the risk with Dorrans is that he will drop deep when he is much better and dangerous player when he pushes on. McDaid “has to play on the left” as he is much more a threat cutting in ( he wasn’t aware of his goals from the left v Arbroath!) 

His general observations suggested he posts regularly on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.