Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Partick (19, Oct 2019)

Cobra

Dundee v Partick  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What'll happen when the Jags visit Dens

1 minute ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Agree - I’m not a fan for tinkering for tinkerings sake , tinks very much 😂. But at the moment I don’t think any of us know the best  eleven , or the secret of creating/scoring more . Until it’s clearer I think we will continue to see line up curve balls

I think you're probably right mate. For me we've always looked less likely to look with only one up front and for that reason alone I'm sceptical of altering from that approach.

I do totally understand the desire for two of Hemmings, Johnson and Nelson to start. Ideally I'd like to see that too but just don't think we have the midfield personnel to do it without over-exposing the full backs. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Think there's a difference in approach needed. We don't have a settled team or a choice of systems that we can play with confidence. Would rather we stuck with the formation that was used last time out. Give Meekings a chance to play as a CB and I think we will see him get his form back. The bench looked really strong and there were opportunities to change things if it had been necessary.

9 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Do we keep same formation as last game or go to 2 up top ?

2 up top at home against Partick?.  

Nelson and Johnson on the bench against Arbroath at home  - so can't see it v  Jags. 

Only way will be if JMP goes rogue (as per DABs game), and wants to try and stick it to McCall.

Edited by Dondeh

I went for a coffee with pal who is spying for the Dabs and has watched 5 of our league games.(no not him!😂)

He said Byrne should sit and Dorrans and McGowan should sit in front left and right with Dorrans asked to push on and link with Hemmings. He said the risk with Dorrans is that he will drop deep when he is much better and dangerous player when he pushes on. McDaid “has to play on the left” as he is much more a threat cutting in ( he wasn’t aware of his goals from the left v Arbroath!) 

His general observations suggested he posts regularly on this forum.

I see Partick just won 2-0 in the diddy cup against the Welsh team that knocked Killie out of Europe.

Starting XI...

S. Fox    
S. Saunders    
S. McGinty    
T. O'Ware    
R. Williamson    
J. Penrice
O. Kakay    
J. Cardle
S. Bannigan    
K. Miller    
R. De Vita

GGH an unused sub.

I really don’t see this as a comfortable home win. Patrick have a new manager who will know how to set up a team against Us. He would have learnt from his earlier appearance at Dens with Ayr. 

This is a game where McPake should be judged, read a report in the paper from a player saying he thinks Dee are getting it right on the park and have turned a corner. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not sure about this given the last two games.

Hopefully GGH gets a wonderful reception. 👏🏻

This game looks problematic for us. McCall masterminded a crushing win for Ayr at Dens last season and he's already got one over United this season. He'll have his Thistle players right up for this one and their team will probably relish getting away from the frustrated home support.

I hope Dees are patient are not expecting us to win comfortably because their bottom. It's going to be a tough game.

Adblock Detected