Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Do You Think Phil Roberts Should Be Moved On?

TheDarkBlues

Phil Roberts  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should Phil Roberts be Moved On?

• Yes - The club should cut their loses.
    • No - There is a player in there and PH should know how to man manage him better.
    • Don't know - Not sure what to think about Phil Roberts at this time.

Phil Roberts is one of the most frustrating players I have ever come across (Even more so that Dominic Shimmin or Darren Young). He has the potential and the ability to be a fantastic player at this level, yet seems to be throwing it all down the drain with his attitude and the way he is conducting his private life (Drinking and Partying).

Do you think that PH should cut his loses now and pay off the remainder of his contract and bring someone else into the club that would do be willing to play for the Jersey( At least their wages).... or should he be given another chance to prove himself?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted yes, he's had plenty time to show us what he's made of, he can waste his talent if he wants, but not with us is my take.

It's frustrating when you see the way he played against Celtic last season, and yet even 'Alloa' turned around and said you can have him back as he is a waste of space.

Went 'don't know' but that's not really the case, if we could pay him off for a reasonable sum then I'd go for that but if he stands firm and holds out for his full wages then unless he's a hindrance in the dressing room I'd keep him around, you never know when an extra player (in a position we're thin on the ground in) will be handy. 

If he's on e.g. a grand a week that would mean the club would need to pay him the best part of £50k to leave the club. A lot of money that we might not have right now. It's certainly hard to justify spending that kind of money to get rid of someone.

I would just leave him in the stand until the new year. If he hasn't got another club by the end of January then offer him £10k to walk away.

I voted yes but, if we pay off his contract then I don't see how that would create money to pay a new player.

Unless we agreed a reduced pay off, in which case if it meant a new face I would jump it the chance.

Unfortunately Roberts won't because his wages are going to spiral downward after his spell at Dens.

If he's on e.g. a grand a week that would mean the club would need to pay him the best part of £50k to leave the club. A lot of money that we might not have right now. It's certainly hard to justify spending that kind of money to get rid of someone.

I would just leave him in the stand until the new year. If he hasn't got another club by the end of January then offer him £10k to walk away.

I can't see him being on a grand a week here at Dens.

I suspect that during the Jan transfer market he might be off, be told he is free to leave and find another club (As PH likes to do with players he doesn't see fit to wear the dark blue).

I can't see him being on a grand a week here at Dens.

I suspect that during the Jan transfer market he might be off, be told he is free to leave and find another club (As PH likes to do with players he doesn't see fit to wear the dark blue).

Given that he came from Falkirk and wasn't in any great demand, maybe £500 p/w is closer to the mark. The less he's on the easier the decision to pay him off I suppose.

Adblock Detected