The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dunfermline 3 - 1 Dundee (25 Aug 2015)

Rate this topic

The Darkblues head out the cup after a serioully disappointing defeat at Division 1 side Dunfermline.

Goals by El-Bakhtaoui 11′, 90', Cardle 86′ see Dunfermline into the next round after an onslaught of shots from Dundee, however it was never to be.

Dunfermline 3 - 1 Dundee

Shamefull. I don't like what seems to be PH tactic of parking the bus for the first half then come out blowing and going in the 2nd. Didn't work at Pittodrie and sure as hell didn't work tonight. Needs to be blowing and going for 90 minutes. Are we not fit enough? And the injury list mounts.

Shameful.

Up there with getting beat by Alloa in 98 league cup.

Players and staff should be seriously fucking embarrassed getting beat by league 1 pish.

Disgrace

That was brutal to watch online, i feel sorry for the fans who made the journey through who still have to travel back.

It highlights major issues lets hope the board back Hartley before the transfer window, we can't carry on like this.

Hartley has to hold his hands up for signing injury prone players though and for not being able to change style/formation when teams suss us out. 

Despite what I said about it being one of the worst draw's we could have got and an extremely tricky tie, to lose 3-1 after being 1-1 at 86 minutes and having 20 chances is quite simply a complete and utter joke.

Not felt this angry about a Dundee result in years, derbies aside.

We're going to have a go in the cups. Fk off :mad:

Disgrace. If PH doesn't think we need players, then I seriously worry. Our squad is very Imbalanced. Lack of strikers is worrying 

Shambles tonight.  

He has been backed plenty and spunked to much of a budget on players who quite simply aren't good enough for one reason or another.

Who exactly is he going to get in at this late stage?

Have said it before and will say it again I have serious doubts about Hartleys ability in terms of tactics particularly when a team works out who to play against us.

Totally shocking result, PH needs to rethink a lot of things. There is just no excuse for getting beat from them.

Midfield does f all for me.

no pace , actually 1sh when you look at us as a whole

SEEK

He has been backed plenty and spunked to much of a budget on players who quite simply aren't good enough for one reason or another.

Who exactly is he going to get in at this late stage?

Have said it before and will say it again I have serious doubts about Hartleys ability in terms of tactics particularly when a team works out who to play against us.

Don't think it's as simple as that. There's a good team in there, just not enough reserves...

Fucking seek after that tho.

Fire Tank and Roberts for impersonation. Sign thon El Bahookie lad fae the pars.Fed up with scroungers at Dens.

Fire Tank and Roberts for impersonation. Sign thon El Bahookie lad fae the pars.Fed up with scroungers at Dens.

I said the very same thing to my Uncle tonight.

Don't think it's as simple as that. There's a good team in there, just not enough reserves...

f***ing seek after that tho.

Disagree

KT is a very good player, shouldnt be captain and isnt any use when he cant play x amount of games or minutes.

Harkins / Mcgowan - wouldnt sign for any top 4/5 side if they left us the morn esp mcgowan

Ferry / Tank / Gadz - Tank / Roberts = all 5 complete deadwood

Beggars belief that we started that game with three centre-backs. They swarmed all over us at times and should have led by more than one goal at the break. The Dunfermline players were absolutely dead on their feet by the hour mark and looked like lambs to the slaughter but we failed to take advantage. Lots of tidy passing and poor decision-making in the final third. Firing in long shots that were never likely to go in. They couldn't believe their luck that it was 1-1 with 10 minutes to go. They found a second wind, created a chance and scored. Really sickened after watching that.

Disagree

KT is a very good player, shouldnt be captain and isnt any use when he cant play x amount of games or minutes.

Harkins / Mcgowan - wouldnt sign for any top 4/5 side if they left us the morn esp mcgowan

Ferry / Tank / Gadz - Tank / Roberts = all 5 complete deadwood

That's the point I was making. we have about 10 good players over the squad. We need about 16 or 17

Midfield does f all for me.

no pace , actually 1sh when you look at us as a whole

SEEK

Agree with you about McGowan! he offers nothing, he slows play down by turning back all the time. We need to break fast as a unit if we're going to cause teams problems.