Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

What Happened At 2nd Goal

Rorros

The guys on here who like a moan wont alter their approach too much.

We could win 5-0 on Sat but get slated because there was nae pies left at h/t. Some of the stuff is just ridiculous.

Think your underplaying it somewhat. These results hurt and it ain't ph first.

The good thing is naebody shouting for his heid unlike previous managers but also a realisation that ph is a decent hard working manager and nae mair than that at the present time.

Ph will have lost a few last night that he will have difficulty winning over again.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The only thing he didn't get right was the result. We had 60% of the ball and around 20 shots/opportunities. From where I was sitting, all the players looked comfortable in the set up, particularly in the 2nd half when McGowan was pushed further forward. In the first 45 minutes it looked like they were told to keep possession and don't give the ball away. I like the 3 centre back system and the more the players get used to it the more effective it will be imo.

If we scraped a 2-1 victory (and that could easily have been the outcome), 90% of the stuff that has been posted here since last night would have been completely different.

We didn't score - they did. That has very little to do with playing 3 centre halves imo.

If you think the players looked comfortable with that set up then I'd suggest that's selective viewing. We had 60% possession because they were entirely happy to let our 3 CHs pass the ball between themselves for long spells going nowhere.

McGowan was completely lost in the second half, we needed Harkins pushed up not McGowan. Harkins booked again after getting isolated trying to close down in areas he can't.

Holt and McGinn clearly struggled with the system and it provided no width. Whenever we did get the ball forward Stewart and Ross were crowded out quickly and left to beat 2 or 3 men at a time.

Let's not kid ourselves Dunfermline were very poor but we allowed them to make a game of it by playing the entire game in front of them, mostly at a very low tempo.

Said too my mate to just take it to et and nae daft errors as they were running on empty.

As frustrating as it gets.

Frustrating is just one of the words I would use.  After Hemmings goal, my initial thought that if we get another, it could be 3 or 4 but we were passing up so many opportunities it was obvious it was going to a 'next goal wins this' game.  Even the number of times where we could have pulled the trigger in front of goal but didn't was frustrating.  It was like we wanting to walk the ball into the net. I was constantly clipping the young lads ear for biting his nails in the 2nd half.  20/20 vision and all that though.

If you think the players looked comfortable with that set up then I'd suggest that's selective viewing. We had 60% possession because they were entirely happy to let our 3 CHs pass the ball between themselves for long spells going nowhere.

McGowan was completely lost in the second half, we needed Harkins pushed up not McGowan. Harkins booked again after getting isolated trying to close down in areas he can't.

Holt and McGinn clearly struggled with the system and it provided no width. Whenever we did get the ball forward Stewart and Ross were crowded out quickly and left to beat 2 or 3 men at a time.

Let's not kid ourselves Dunfermline were very poor but we allowed them to make a game of it by playing the entire game in front of them, mostly at a very low tempo.

There you are. I would disagree with all of that.  You saw a different game to me.  Lets leave it at that.

I think it was 19 we had and we scored 1 of them.

I call that worrying rather than a positive or something Hartley got right.

I'm presenting it as the main reason as to why we lost last night. The formation, whilst maybe not ideal, didn't cost us the game, our failure to convert possession and chances created did that.

• Like 1

There's nothing to argue about.

It's a fact we had 18 attempts on goal, an average of 1 every 5mins.

The only facts that matter are Dunfermline scored 3 and we are out the Cup to a team 2 leagues below us. If that's the manager getting it right then I would think we're in a bit of trouble.

18 attempts at goal means nothing, it includes shots from 30 yards out that the keeper had to wait on to save and other half chances. We only really created 3 or 4 good chances.

The only facts that matter are Dunfermline scored 3 and we are out the Cup to a team 2 leagues below us. If that's the manager getting it right then I would think we're in a bit of trouble.

18 attempts at goal means nothing, it includes shots from 30 yards out that the keeper had to wait on to save and other half chances. We only really created 3 or 4 good chances.

Any shot on target can end up in the net. If we didn't have many goal attempts I'd be worried. It's worrying that we're not finishing teams off but certainly not the end of the world.

I'd rather have created only 3 chances and scored 3 goals last night and still be in the cup draw today than create 19 and score 1 and be out the cup after the first round.

That aside for those glossing the performance, you're conveniently forgetting we shipped 3 goals to a second division side and we've let in 10 goals in 5 games this season. Not good enough.

Edited by Perth Road Dee

Adblock Detected