The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Gandosaur

Saturday's Team

Rate this topic

Would like to see us go 4-4-2 on Saturday. Slot Irvine or Meggat in at left back and push holt forward as a left midfielder because defensively he's had a nightmare in the past 3 games. Really need Thomson to make it with Harkins suspended. Thought Carriero has looked really decent when he come on in the past couple of games so if Thomson doesn't make it I'd be happy to go with him.

Bain

Mcginn Mcpake Konrad Irvine

Ross McGowan Carriero Holt

Stewart Hemmings

Reckon this is a pipe dream though. Fully expect some sort of narrow, tippy tappy dross.

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

Bain

McGinn  McPake  Konrad  Holt

Ferry

McGowan          Ross

Carriero

Stewart    Hemmings

Think this is what we're most likely to see to be honest. As much as I'd like to see a bit of width, we don't have any. This is the best team we can put out without Thomson, Low and Loy. Could possibly play Stewart from the left and Carriero from the right, but don't know how effective he is out there.

Think theres   room fir tippy tappy (tiki taka) though.

Ah know it involves wearin down a team till theres a lapse in concentration from the opposition , then striking, but as Barca have found out, teams nullified it by giving up the wings and keeping two lines o four or five in a narrow formation.

Thus they,ve tried tae mix it up with a more direct approach at times using long balls as well.

Seems we,re trying tae play it withoot any width tho.

Mcginn is never a wing back Paul an the jury ,s still oot on Holt.

Kerr could be a solution wi his drive and pace though.

Suppose whit ah,m sayin is that if the breaks no on, ball retention shouldn,t necessarily be viewed negatively.

We jist need tae keep  it snappy and no at walking pace, but i accept its no easy.

Put it this way if we had all of our first team players fit then we would have a top 4 side defiently.....but its dundee! And our history of injured players is unbelievable and is always the reason we come short. We might see a full team a few times this season but other than that i cant see past 6th again.

-------bain---------

Mcginn---mcpake---konrad---irvine

-------------thomson--------------

Loy-----------law-----------stewart

------------carrerio---------------

------------hemmings---------------

Very wishful thinking i know! Not sure how long the crocks are out for

Bain

McGinn  McPake  Konrad  Holt

Ferry

McGowan          Ross

Carriero

Stewart    Hemmings

Think this is what we're most likely to see to be honest. As much as I'd like to see a bit of width, we don't have any. This is the best team we can put out without Thomson, Low and Loy. Could possibly play Stewart from the left and Carriero from the right, but don't know how effective he is out there.

If that is the team on Saturday, I may not bother.

Have to wait to see who is fit for Saturday.   At this time it would maybe easier to guess the Lottery numbers.

Irvine in at left back and push holt left mid,442

Why not play Meggat at Left back? its his natural position and he was signed presumably for competition for that place. Irvine is a RB but just not a very good one.