The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Souppie1893

Thoughts For Saturday

Rate this topic

I think we are gonna struggle again I'm getting frustrated with this wing back pish it's ok used as a tactic sporadically through the game but can't be used whole game or you will get caught out and punished this happened again last night, need a an out and out winger or move holt into wide midfield definitely require another striker, if we carry on like this I think it's going to be a long long season

Could well be a struggle.

Harkins suspended.

Not sure if Thomson, Low, Loy or Julen will be back fit?

Would like to see us return to a 4-4-2 regardless of personal available but your guess is as good as mine.

Look forward to most games at Dens. Quite worried about this one.

Think we will just about do enough here.

1-0 Dundee. Inverness are really badly struggling to score goals.

Always struggle against ICT - cant see this being any different. Good chance for them to pick up their first win.

Always struggle against ICT - cant see this being any different. Good chance for them to pick up their first win.

Mate unfortunately I have to agree with you here just hope we are proven wrong, as good a chance as any for them to pick up their first win

Barnstorming display from The Mighty. A master class in wing-back attacking & defending from Holt, Thompson to play 90 mins and Nicky Low to score a 30yrd thunderbolt.

Barnstorming display from The Mighty. A master class in wing-back attacking & defending from Holt, Thompson to play 90 mins and Nicky Low to score a 30yrd thunderbolt.

If this happens I might just believe you are a man of ***

If Thomson or Low start I think it will be 2-1 Dundee. Otherwise 2-1 ICT.

The attacking full backs/wing backs aren't a problem if you switch the play a lot quicker and give them the space to actually run into.

Anyway, the news last before Aberdeen was that Thomson was almost ready so I think we'll see him. Low and Loy were estimated as 7-10 days from Saturday so maybe a bit too soon (although circumstances may rush them back?). We don't know anything about Ferry, Tankulic and Roberts but we do know that Harkins is out. Julen looked like he pulled his hamstring so I'd think he'll be out for a couple of games. Colquhoun also still out.

Bain

McGinn McPake Konrad Meggatt

Ross McGowan Thomson Holt

Stewart

Hemmings

Holt has come in for a bit of stick but has been playing in quite a difficult role with defensive and attacking responsibilities so maybe playing someone on the same flank as him will give him a bit more confidence. He's had quite a few assists for Queen of the South and was considered a very good going forward and he has shown glimpses here that he doesn't lack pace and is capable of a dangerous delivery when he doesn't over think things.

We're low on confidence but we should still be able to field an 11 that gives Inverness a proper fight. Last night was demoralising but we've shown before this season that we can rip some teams to shreds and I really do think that with the creative players we have, it's a case of making us tick and we'll be fine. Thomson or Low will make us work IMO.

Meggatt / Dylan have to start imo.

Shouldnt be scared to drop anyone the now.

Given what we have on the bench - Wighton should be there, he`s better than what we have.

Asking an awfy lot from Mcginn n Holt - like a poster said there job is workhorse like yet the midfield is a slow death.

Once PH got rid of Smith/Bombers deadwood - he brought in his own.

Scary looking at our bench

Edited by CC33

If this happens you should be tried for witchcraft!!

Think we will just about do enough here.

1-0 Dundee. Inverness are really badly struggling to score goals.

Unfortunately, at the moment, so are we....   :(

Unfortunately, at the moment, so are we....   :(

We've scored in every game this season except Aberdeen (and should have scored loads more). Defensively we are struggling.

Thompson to play 90 mins and Nicky Low to score a 30yrd thunderbolt.

Thomson and Low have I believe yet to appear on the park at the same time. We could be waiting a while for that to happen.

We need some positive energy on this site. Too much doom & gloom. The Dee will come good. :bop:

The attacking full backs/wing backs aren't a problem if you switch the play a lot quicker and give them the space to actually run into.

Anyway, the news last before Aberdeen was that Thomson was almost ready so I think we'll see him. Low and Loy were estimated as 7-10 days from Saturday so maybe a bit too soon (although circumstances may rush them back?). We don't know anything about Ferry, Tankulic and Roberts but we do know that Harkins is out. Julen looked like he pulled his hamstring so I'd think he'll be out for a couple of games. Colquhoun also still out.

Bain

McGinn McPake Konrad Meggatt

Ross McGowan Thomson Holt

Stewart

Hemmings

Holt has come in for a bit of stick but has been playing in quite a difficult role with defensive and attacking responsibilities so maybe playing someone on the same flank as him will give him a bit more confidence. He's had quite a few assists for Queen of the South and was considered a very good going forward and he has shown glimpses here that he doesn't lack pace and is capable of a dangerous delivery when he doesn't over think things.

We're low on confidence but we should still be able to field an 11 that gives Inverness a proper fight. Last night was demoralising but we've shown before this season that we can rip some teams to shreds and I really do think that with the creative players we have, it's a case of making us tick and we'll be fine. Thomson or Low will make us work IMO.

Harry you couldn't have a wee word in Hartley's ear. I always think your posts are well thought out and make a lot of sense. You know your football, be it stats,tactics or players . I think PH could learn a lot from you. I am being serious by the way.

Harry you couldn't have a wee word in Hartley's ear. I always think your posts are well thought out and make a lot of sense. You know your football, be it stats,tactics or players . I think PH could learn a lot from you. I am being serious by the way.

Maybe Harry is Paul Hartley.

We need to move the ball a lot quicker all over the park. Last night was painful to watch. Looking at the bench against St Johnstone, I was slightly worried. After last night, I'm positively shitting myself for the rest of the season.

I'd love to see Hartley bring in another striker, but I feel he's squandered his budget on a squad that's simply not good enough (or well drilled enough) without Thomson and, to a lesser extent, Low.

I'm worried, Paul - sort it out, son.

Thomson and Low have I believe yet to appear on the park at the same time. We could be waiting a while for that to happen.

Doomsday, I reckon,