Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Not The End of The World

Garry

that we're out of the league cup. It's becoming a bit like the challenge cup. Lots of good teams in Scotland and England don't value the league cup anymore despite what they say. League games, top6, euro qualification, Scottish cup are what matters. We won't have any league cup injuries or suspensions to deal with anymore.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

that we're out of the league cup. It's becoming a bit like the challenge cup. Lots of good teams in Scotland and England don't value the league cup anymore despite what they say. League games, top6, euro qualification, Scottish cup are what matters. We won't have any league cup injuries or suspensions to deal with anymore.

DISAGREE

Look at sheep reaction to winning it

Look at Mourinho / Chelsea reaction to winning theres last season

Doesnt deflect to going out to a team 2 divisions below us

Disgrace that result up there wi Duffys last game in charge of us

Its not but you don't have to bother the engraver re top 6 place, European fitba is glorified pre season and Scottish much more difficult to win.

League cup is best chance to win a cup.

Last night was a massive disappointment no matter what way its dressed up.

It's possibly our biggest disappointment of this season. The League Cup is the easiest major trophy to win. The manager has been talking up the importance of the cups and played his strongest team available. It was probably our first realistic chance of going all the way in more than a decade. We were priced at 16/1 and lost in the first round to a team who were 250/1, so the reaction is understandable.

We need to move on quickly though. Thankfully we have a game this Saturday. Win that and the mood will improve greatly. An injury-ravaged team losing for the third time in seven days won't go down well.

100 percent disagree....

Would take a cup win over finishing 4th every season.....

Getting into europe means basically playing glorified pre season games....

The feel good factor and financial bounce a club can get from getting to a hampden final is so beneficial....

Sure the bod dont agree with you,will definitely have an effect on the crowd this saturday

Really don't get this argument.

We haven't won anything in 40odd years. For a club of our size that's a total disgrace and an indication of the horrific mismanagement we have suffered.

The sight of Dundee lifting a trophy is the best thing we will ever see, to say that a 6place finish even comes close just doesn't wash with me.

Winning a trophy is the most important thing for me as a fan. Ten straight years in the Premiership is probably more important for the club.

It might not be the most important thing for you Cobra.

But it's important to the club insofar as cup wins make people sit up and take notice.

(moreso than scraping into the top six)

What was important was that our great fans were let down once again.

We continue to be an easy pushover and personally I am sick of it.

We should have won comfortably last night, instead we screwed up big time and the manager and players were to blame for an unprofessional performance.

Our rebuilding hit the buffers last night.

The League Cup has been devalued a bit over the last 10 to 15 years since they removed European qualification from it, there's no denying that but for a club like ours who haven't won a major trophy in 42 years, it is massive and the club know it since we put our strongest 11 out last night and spoke up the cups importance twice in the press since pre season stating our intentions to do well in it.

Top 6 finishes are good for stability after almost a decade of First Division football but to even get a run to a League Cup semi final would have been a great boost to our success starved fanbase such has been our utterly appalling record in the two major cup competitions over the last few decades but particularly in the last 9 years since our last semi final appearance.

It might not be the most important thing for you Cobra.

But it's important to the club insofar as cup wins make people sit up and take notice.

(moreso than scraping into the top six)

Joe, I think you might have misread my comment. I said the cup is the most important thing for me. I've never seen us lift a major trophy so it's massive for me.

Adblock Detected