The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Souppie1893

Dundee FC Scouting Network

Rate this topic

Do we even have one if so why have we not used this instead of players that have caught PH's eye, surely they could delve a bit deeper into previous injuries and attitude at other clubs (Roberts/tank/ferry)

Do we even have one if so why have we not used this instead of players that have caught PH's eye, surely they could delve a bit deeper into previous injuries and attitude at other clubs (Roberts/tank/ferry)

Yes.

Pretty sure Hartley knows the Scottish game as well as anyone, so he's likely well aware of the issues surrounding Roberts.

As for The Tank - he looked great in preseason, no one can deny that, and he probably trains well. It was a gamble that hasn't paid off, I guess.

These things happen all the time in football, just disappointing we're left holding our Toby's, through a combination of injuries and poor signings, so early in the season.

Edited by Hen Broon

We have.

Who have we signed through our scouting network then I'm sure all the signings have been down to Hartley and not been recommended through scouts i.e hemmings, Mitchell, loy and low

Who have we signed through our scouting network then I'm sure all the signings have been down to Hartley and not been recommended through scouts i.e hemmings, Mitchell, loy and low

Loads of players are watched, we just don't get told about it. Loy was watched regularly last season. Stewart & Hemmings were watched. It's not as simple as seeing a player, thinking he's good, then attempting to sign him. We watch guys all the time for wkks/months on end and reports will be presented to the manager. We had a rep watching a specific player on Tues for example.

Loads of players are watched, we just don't get told about it. Loy was watched regularly last season. Stewart & Hemmings were watched. It's not as simple as seeing a player, thinking he's good, then attempting to sign him. We watch guys all the time for wkks/months on end and reports will be presented to the manager. We had a rep watching a specific player on Tues for example.

And was the report on the Pars striker conclusive enough!! :unsure:

Edited by bjs

And was the report on the Pars striker conclusive enough!! :unsure:

Ha, ha. Was'nae him.

Ha, ha. Was'nae him.

Quality mate maybe it's just me getting worked up about the standard of signings we have brought in and the lack of depth on the bench let's hope something happens soon then

I do not know anything about the Scouting Network .....

Is it a case of someone from the club having a look at players on a regular basis ?

Or do we have a professional paid scouts based around the country, who feed back information back to DFC.

(Starting to think this post o' mine sounds daft) But I guess whit I am asking is it a backed-up-professional-network of paid scouts?

I do not know anything about the Scouting Network .....

Is it a case of someone from the club having a look at players on a regular basis ?

Or do we have a professional paid scouts based around the country, who feed back information back to DFC.

(Starting to think this post o' mine sounds daft) But I guess whit I am asking is it a backed-up-professional-network of paid scouts?

I don't think we'll pay anybody as such, we'll pay travel expenses etc  but don't think we'd pay a salary. We'll get names then PH will sent someone to have a look, things escalate from there based on performance,cost etc.

Edited by Reverend Lovejoy

I think most scouts in Scottish football are given expenses only. Probably only Celtic could afford to have a team of scouts taking a full-time wage.

Edited by an-dee

Thank you Rev' and an-dee for your information re-scouting.