The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
J_Kitamirike

Simon Ferry..

Rate this topic

With Tank and Roberts now gone, do you think we might see Ferry leaving too? 

I would imagine his pay off would be more than both of them tbh, but it would be great if we could get rid of him. 

Perhaps by ditching all 3 will mean we could cover Stevie May's wages? 

With Tank and Roberts now gone, do you think we might see Ferry leaving too? 

I would imagine his pay off would be more than both of them tbh, but it would be great if we could get rid of him. 

Perhaps by ditching all 3 will mean we could cover Stevie May's wages? 

Where's the crossy-fingers emoticon??? 

ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ»ðŸ™ðŸ» not quite crossy fingers a bit more desperate

I get the impression that Ferry is a bit of a character who is good for the dressing room. Just watching the Sky Sports stuff and his reaction following the derby win, I think he's quite popular and probably good for morale. For that reason I don't think Hartley will be desperate to get rid.

Also, we need cover in the middle so I don't see any sense in paying him off.

So basically paying for the team jester then because he's brought nothing to the pitch

So basically paying for the team jester then because he's brought nothing to the pitch

He would prob want his 100% pay.

He is not a negative influence in the dressing room is what cobra means.

He isn't leading other players astray like luka and Roberts.

My point was that there's going to be less need to get rid of a popular member of the squad than a disruptive influence.

The guy is I imagine on a good wage so it's probably in our interests to keep him at the club for the next six months or so.

Yeah ok fair point, suppose it's like having a dog you don't want to put down even though is shiites in your slippers because of the vet bill

My point was that there's going to be less need to get rid of a popular member of the squad than a disruptive influence.

The guy is I imagine on a good wage so it's probably in our interests to keep him at the club for the next six months or so.

How much longer does he have left on his current contract

I get the impression that Ferry is a bit of a character who is good for the dressing room. Just watching the Sky Sports stuff and his reaction following the derby win, I think he's quite popular and probably good for morale. For that reason I don't think Hartley will be desperate to get rid.

Also, we need cover in the middle so I don't see any sense in paying him off.

Can't we just hire a comedian?

Oh, wait....

How much longer does he have left on his current contract

He's here until next summer.

Can't we just hire a comedian?

Oh, wait....

I get the point that he's a footballer and he's paid to perform but it's better to have a guy on the bench who celebrates our wins and supports the players as opposed to a guy who sulks in the corner and just wants to get out the door and go on the lash.

He's here until next summer.

I get the point that he's a footballer and he's paid to perform but it's better to have a guy on the bench who celebrates our wins and supports the players as opposed to a guy who sulks in the corner and just wants to get out the door and go on the lash.

Sorry Cobra, just a bit of light hearted banter. I agree we're better off with a bench full of Ferry's and Irvine's who have a good attitude and help others through the week/game. 

Either way I'd prefer we had guys in the squad because they were good footballers (not saying Irvine isn't BTW, but I had to mention his winning mentality, as it must be a good thing to have around the team), than "good guys"..

• Like 1

His contract up on 30.06.16

His current market value 173k est.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/simon-ferry/profil/spieler/42609

Would Cash Converters give us the full £173k for him?

I'd happily settle for anything down to £150k.

I'd take the fluff in your pocket and a bag of soor plooms for him.

Maybe Cash Convertors would do a swap for a West Wing box set on VHS? I'd reckon that's as liable to make a mark in the middle of the park for us.

Cash Converters would only pay if he was in working order  i.e. Fit for Purpose       :)

He would prob want his 100% pay.

He is not a negative influence in the dressing room is what cobra means.

He isn't leading other players astray like luka and Roberts.

We as supporters pay his WAGES, to play FOOTBALL (hasn't managed a full 90 mins yet), not be the Class

Clown. Shocking he hasn't walked away from the club, has no honour, taking the PISH.

The boy seems like ane o the daftys fae school abody laughed at and abody ken't he would achieve fook all, basically using Dens as a bloody school that boy, wouldn't be surprised if he turned up with a cattie instead o boots in his bag

We as supporters pay his WAGES, to play FOOTBALL (hasn't managed a full 90 mins yet), not be the Class

Clown. Shocking he hasn't walked away from the club, has no honour, taking the p**h.

Think that's a but harsh to be honest it's not the boys fault that we gave him a two year contract.

He would be stupid to walk away from a contract potentially worth 50k

Clown. Shocking he hasn't walked away from the club, has no honour, taking the p**h.

If he isnt picked he cant play football.

Your missing my point.