Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Vs ICT (28 Aug 2015)

Rate this topic

Dundee 1 - 1 Inverness CT

Thoughts on today's game?

Point saved...two dropped...?

Dropped and we are sooooo bad, seek watching that sh*ye every bloody game

...story of our season...and every other teams...at least Hearts lost their mojo...slip down predicted...?

Awful awful game of fitba.. Nobody deserved tae win that game. Apart from the goal Hemmings had a mare, second touch was a tackle time after time. So many SAFE passes sideways instead of penetrative play.. ICT kicked lumps out us as well and they are rank rotten but so were we today.. p*ss poor stuff but snatched a point.. 😕

Decent point in the end. Time to regroup over next two weeks with hopefully a couple of new faces in to help us push on.

• Like 1

And get some of these injuries sorted

Horrible game against a horrible team. I really hate playing them.

Delighted to grab a point in injury-time though. I just knew Hemmings would bury that chance. I thought we'd blown it with the penalty miss. Do we not have one player capable of taking penalties? Stewart's tame effort cost us in the cup last season and today's wasn't any better.

As the second half started I was wondering if we'd fall asleep around the hour-mark and concede yet again. Bang on 60 minutes we duly delivered.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the point. Caley finished third and won the cup last season and they were tough opposition today. Nick Ross struggled to get in their team so they are a strong side even if they are horrific to watch.

One win and two draws from games against the three teams who finished immediately above us is a decent return.

Rotten game. Rotten performance (again)

International break has come at the right time for us, that's for sure. The ref spoiled the game for me but we are so lightweight as well. Yet again it was like land of the Giants up against Oompa Loompas.

Glad he chipped in with a goal at the end but Hemmings control of the ball was pish all game as well.

No stand out performers for us today. Need some power and strength brought in before Tuesday me thinks.

Hartley makes one positional change after the goal. ..Low and Stewart swap sides. ..was clear as day it should have happened after five minutes. ...Stewart gives you nothing defensively out wide and was continually inside leaving the fullback exposed. Moved to right side back to what he does best cutting inside on his good foot. But that was brutal. .telegraphed the penalty with his run up and constantly going down when it seemed soft. .granted some were hard tackles but needs to be more protective of the ball.

Deserved at least a point. Can't decide what was worse our softness or there hammer throwers .unbelievable what they were getting away with and I don't mind a tackle but most of theirs were cheap shots when the ball wasn't even there.we need to give it back though if refs are letting it go

Not good enough for me but its been like this bar the killie game and 1st half v hearts since April.

Same style and same result bullied and intimidated all over the park.

Need Loy back or a new front man but I wud insist any new signing or loan signing has a guid inj record.

Noticed some of the Derry natives restless with ph.

We will win a few with this style but cant see many wins v the bigger stronger teams.

Point better than zip though.

Awful.

Hemmings will no doubt get stick for his performance, but the guy scored again and he has saved us a point.

Why not give the penalty to him?

Not good enough for me but its been like this bar the killie game and 1st half v hearts since April.

Same style and same result bullied and intimidated all over the park.

Need Loy back or a new front man but I wud insist any new signing or loan signing has a guid inj record.

Noticed some of the Derry natives restless with ph.

We will win a few with this style but cant see many wins v the bigger stronger teams.

Point better than zip though.

I agree with more or less everything that you have said.

We need to start changing our style when it isn't working and it was clear there was a lot not working in the first 10-15 minutes.

Low had a great game against St Johnstone on the left, but he was on the right today. We seem content to pass the ball from side to side and no one wants to actually take a run at the defence, not sure if this is because the players don't want to, or have been instructed not to do that. Trying to pass the ball into the net doesn't always work.

Would have had Holt on rather than Irvine to be honest, he seems to offer a lot more. and that pass where he smacked it off the ICT players head, was as bad as it gets.

Poor stuff. Inverness are a horrible team. Absolute hammer throwers. Kicked us off the park but it worked, we have no dig and struggle as soon as teams get physical on us.

What I will say though is I think last season we'd have got nothing out that game, nothing out the Derby and would have ended up drawing against St Johnstone. After the split last season we got 0 points from St Johnstone (H), United (A) and Inverness (H) - this year we've managed 5.

I'm content enough with our start in the league, however once Loy and Harkins return and we sign a player (hopefully maybe even 2), I will certainly be looking for an improvement.

Grim game to watch, pleased we got a point in the end, ict are a very dirty team, horrible to watch.

Loads of useless possession and need pace and power up front badly, Hemmings was poor but popped up with a goal again.

Hope PH gets a new face or 2 in, need loy back too.

Awful.

Hemmings will no doubt get stick for his performance, but the guy scored again and he has saved us a point.

Why not give the penalty to him?

He did his job today, he scored and saved us a point. But he isn't the lone striker type and needs someone to work along beside him.