The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Derry Family

Missing Fans In August

Rate this topic

Last year we played killie and Patrick in August and had crowds of 7600 and 6500.

Even on cold December pre Xmas we had 5500 v today's opponent

Todays crowd is a worry so early in season with 3 wins in 18 and 6 wins from 23 home SPL games

Change of playing style required to get punters in in Autumn and Winter

• Like 1

I got to the ground maybe 10mins earlier than usual and thought it was really empty.

Then just before kick off I was still expecting more to come in..

Attendance was a bit of a worry as well...

The players decide the crowds, defeats lower them, wins increase them, Nothing changes,

Last year we played killie and Patrick in August and had crowds of 7600 and 6500.

Todays crowd is a worry so early in season with 3 wins in 18 and 6 wins from 23 home SPL games

You get today's best and most accurate post, your stat's are the real reason, why supporters are staying

away. Watching Boring football, with only 6 wins from 23 home SPL games, says it all. We are watching

UNFOOTBALL, week in week out, it's a total BOREFEST.

The reason I say this is, my brother and a couple of my mates have been up this season and they all said,

they would NOT be wasting, their hard earned money watching, what we are getting served up again,

this season, if it was exciting football, then they would be back, backs up your great and honest points

really.

You get today's best and most accurate post, your stat's are the real reason, why supporters are staying

away. Watching Boring football, with only 6 wins from 23 home SPL games, says it all. We are watching

The reason I say this is, my brother and a couple of my mates have been up this season and they all said,

they would NOT be wasting, their hard earned money watching, what we are getting served up again,

this season, if it was exciting football, then they would be back, backs up your great and honest points

really.

Are you pished?

The perfect storm for people to stay away just now..

1. Price increases at the gate and on season tickets (one of the highest in the league)

2. Poor home form carried over from last season

3. Early cup exit - frustration all round

4. Raised expectations from supporters (rightly or wrongly) and a sense that the team are failing to live up to them

Personally, I'm really disappointed to see the reduction in our home crowd from last season. I think a lot of us have been swept up in the rebuilding of the club and have lost sight of how far we've come in the last few years.

We had been rotting in the first division for an eternity and on the brink of extinction up until recently..

Hopefully we can get a few back in the gate with a bit of persective back amongst our support and a better product playing an effective brand of passing football..

• Like 2

Are you pished?

No HONEST and worried about our dropping home crowds, 6 WINS from 23 spl games, don't lie, sadly.

Plenty posters warned this would be the case with price hike.

A lot of people said drop in season tic sales would be made up by pay at the gate, this never happens as once you havnae prepaid its easier not to go.

There was a frenzy on here a few weeks back re "nearing a sell out" for hearts game when in reality it was miles short of capacity.

Our crowds will also be down due to the way the fixtures work with away fans but as I say the cup defeat will have a big effect in the next few weeks as fans need something to get excited aboot, mid table mediocrity although an improvement on years gone by isnae exciting.

really.

Rocky, can you send me a link to any positive posts you've made about DFC please?

Plenty posters warned this would be the case with price hike.

A lot of people said drop in season tic sales would be made up by pay at the gate, this never happens as once you havnae prepaid its easier not to go.

There was a frenzy on here a few weeks back re "nearing a sell out" for hearts game when in reality it was miles short of capacity.

Our crowds will also be down due to the way the fixtures work with away fans but as I say the cup defeat will have a big effect in the next few weeks as fans need something to get excited aboot, mid table mediocrity although an improvement on years gone by isnae exciting.

I agree regarding the ticket prices, home form and cup exit.

However we spent so long in the 1st/Championship and everyone craved for top flight football. The euphoria of the Dumbarton game seemed to exorcise those demons and last season was a more than steady return to the top flight.

What were people expecting? Amazing football, played by superb players? Silky passing football and big name signings? Had nobody seen SPFL football before? I mean teams like Motherwell, ICT and StJ have been the best the league could offer outside Sellick and none of them played even half decent stuff.

We finished top six last season and are currently sitting top half of the league again and all anyone can do (myself included, truth be told) is complain. Nae pleasing us, is there?

• Like 1

really.

You're certainly fond of a comma or two Rocky. :lol:

However we spent so long in the 1st/Championship and everyone craved for top flight football. The euphoria of the Dumbarton game seemed to exorcise those demons and last season was a more than steady return to the top flight.

What were people expecting? Amazing football, played by superb players? Silky passing football and big name signings? Had nobody seen SPFL football before? I mean teams like Motherwell, ICT and StJ have been the best the league could offer outside Sellick and none of them played even half decent stuff.

We finished top six last season and are currently sitting top half of the league again and all anyone can do (myself included, truth be told) is complain. Nae pleasing us, is there?

Kinda agree with that.

4-0 v killie mibbe made a rod for ph back. Where do you go after "the perfect performance".

I,ll go no matter how crap they are or were but other folk its aboot winning and entertaining at home.

The season tic price had apparently no input fae reps and its biting us now.

I didnae think we overachieved last season I thought we would finish 6th and we are probably underachieving this season giving cup result.

As you say much better than the last de ade or so but that's gone its the here and now and 3/18 isnae that exciting.

Edited by Rorros

I would say I am one of these gone missing fans this season. Myself and my dad have had season tickets for the past 5 seasons and due to number of reasons missed the early bird price we would have been the full price for the year and decided just to pay at the gate. We were at the hearts game but will mainly pick and choose what games to attend and today wasn't a game that will pull in many patg fans and I'm sure there are others in this position. I will say was surprised the club didn't get in touch with last years season ticket holders to find out why they didn't renew, maybe something we should be doing and figure out ways to get these fans back?

• Like 2

Kinda agree with that.

4-0 v killie mibbe made a rod for ph back. Where do you go after "the perfect performance".

I,ll go no matter how crap they are or were but other folk its aboot winning and entertaining at home.

The season tic price had apparently no input fae reps and its biting us now.

I didnae think we overachieved last season I thought we would finish 6th and we are probably underachieving this season giving cup result.

As you say much better than the last de ade or so but that's gone its the here and now and 3/18 isnae that exciting.

I didn't say we over achieved Rorros, was just stating that's where we finished.

My point is, I can't quite work out what folk really expect. Today wasn't great and I'm far from pretending it was. However we've just had our highest finish in how many years and all we can do is say, well it isn't entertaining enough. The style of football is all wrong (I'm as guilty as anyone for that), or the squad is all wrong.

Teams aren't going to turn up at Dens and say, you guys play nice fitba, we'll stand and watch. 

I'm at a stage where I think the folk like you and me (and most of this board, to be fair), who will go rain or shine, shyte or braw, will go and those who don't will maybe turn up if it's Hearts, the scum or Sellick - and if it's a nice day, the price is right and they dinnae have to queue, or the food is good. And only then if we win six nil, score two from free kicks and two from thirty yards.

I would say I am one of these gone missing fans this season. Myself and my dad have had season tickets for the past 5 seasons and due to number of reasons missed the early bird price we would have been the full price for the year and decided just to pay at the gate. We were at the hearts game but will mainly pick and choose what games to attend and today wasn't a game that will pull in many patg fans and I'm sure there are others in this position. I will say was surprised the club didn't get in touch with last years season ticket holders to find out why they didn't renew, maybe something we should be doing and figure out ways to get these fans back?

And if they had, what would have enticed you back BMATB?

Think folk just want to see some entertaining football and some home wins.

Last years good placing was built on strong away results, the home form wasn't great and therefore our "floating support" won't always want to attend.

For me a change of style would be the first thing. Get rid of this tippy tappying narrow nonsense and get us going a bit more direct in the wide areas.

Think folk just want to see some entertaining football and some home wins.

Last years good placing was built on strong away results, the home form wasn't great and therefore our "floating support" won't always want to attend.

For me a change of style would be the first thing. Get rid of this tippy tappying narrow nonsense and get us going a bit more direct in the wide areas.

People were RAVING about the tippy happy stuff after Killie.

If we'd have put away our chances this season, people would still be saying the style of football was great.

I didn't say we over achieved Rorros, was just stating that's where we finished.

My point is, I can't quite work out what folk really expect. Today wasn't great and I'm far from pretending it was. However we've just had our highest finish in how many years and all we can do is say, well it isn't entertaining enough. The style of football is all wrong (I'm as guilty as anyone for that), or the squad is all wrong.

Teams aren't going to turn up at Dens and say, you guys play nice fitba, we'll stand and watch.

I'm at a stage where I think the folk like you and me (and most of this board, to be fair), who will go rain or shine, S***e or braw, will go and those who don't will maybe turn up if it's Hearts, the scum or Sellick - and if it's a nice day, the price is right and they dinnae have to queue, or the food is good. And only then if we win six nil, score two from free kicks and two from thirty yards.

We should be aiming for an average of 5750-6000 home fans over the season but cant see that happening this season to be honest.

I think dfc really have to be a bit more imaginative re pricing.

I don't have the answers but I cant even remember dfc surveying the fans to see what would and wouldn't work.

Dfc have a very loyal fan base but its difficult to stop a slide in crowds once they start and you just have to look at st m, Motherwell, partick and killie who all had attendance figures much closer to us in years gone by to see how far crowds can fall.

ICT at home is the worst game of the season as far as I'm concerned so I'm not surprised a lot of folk didn't fancy it.

No away fans so no atmosphere.

We are playing against are a horrible, dirty team who will disrupt our ball players and kill the game as a spectacle.

There's also the fact that we never beat them.