The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Boba Fett

Sixteen Team Premiership Poll

Rate this topic

Sixteen Team Premiership Poll  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which teams would you want to see in a sixteen team top tier?

• Aberdeen
    • Celtic
    • Dundee
    • Dundee United
    • Hamilton
    • Hearts
    • Inverness Caley Thistle
    • Kilmarnock
    • Motherwell
    • Partick Thistle
    • Ross County
    • St Johnstone
    • Alloa
    • Dumbarton
    • Falkirk
    • Hibs
    • Livingston
    • Greenock Morton
    • Queen of the South
    • Raith Rovers
    • The Rangers
    • St Mirren
    • Airdrieonians
    • Dunfermline
    • Cowdenbeath
    • Peterhead
    • Ayr United
    • Brechin City
    • Forfar
    • Stranraer

If a sixteen team Premiership was introduced in Scotland, which clubs would you like to see participating in it?

What factors would you take into consideration - size of support home and away?
Likelihood of that team playing attractive football?
Probability of the team increasing interest in the Premiership from TV / Media partners?
Rivalries and derbies returning to boost interest and crowds?

Who would really add value and what would the “ideal word†sixteen team premiership look like?

The top thirty (or close to it) teams from Scotland are below..

Edited by TheDarkBlues
Sorry Boba, had to remove that god awful font :)

Ideally, Hamilton (crap away support/horrible club) and Ross County (crap away support/too far away) wouldn't be in.

I'd have Falkirk, Hibs, Dunfermilne and Raith in (all fairly close geographically for a good away day and on their day can fill the Shankly)

Toss up between Morton, St Midden and Killie for the last few places.

As for Livingston, even though it's only about an hour away, their soulless stadium coupled with poor away support and bad memories meant they can get stuffed.

Ideally, Hamilton (crap away support/horrible club) and Ross County (crap away support/too far away) wouldn't be in.

I'd have Falkirk, Hibs, Dunfermilne and Raith in (all fairly close geographically for a good away day and on their day can fill the Shankly)

Toss up between Morton, St Midden and Killie for the last few places.

As for Livingston, even though it's only about an hour away, their soulless stadium coupled with poor away support and bad memories meant they can get stuffed.

Agreed on Hamilton and Ross County. I would add ICT to that category as well.

I'd have Morton, QOTS and St Mirren over those three..

Dunfermline in as well as Hibs, Sevco and Falkirk.

Edited by Boba Fett

I went with

Aberdeen

Dundee

Dundee Utd

Hearts

ICT

Killie

Motherwell

Partick

Ross County

St. Johnstone

Falkirk

Hibs

QoTS

Raith

St. Mirren

Dunfermline

Get the OF to England, Atlantic league or feck, I think they have a negative affect on the Scottish game. With hindsight, I've probably been hard on Hamilton, they're there on merit so maybe replace St. Mirren with Hamilton, they've brought a lot of talent through in recent years, credit where its due. I can understand why some would want rid of ICT/County but again, they've been around the SPL for a while now, and it does spread teams around the country. 

Basically, 11 of the 12 we've currently got and probably the next 5 biggest. As you can probably gather, I'm not a fan of the bigot brothers.

• Like 1

I went with

Aberdeen

Dundee

Dundee Utd

Hearts

ICT

Killie

Motherwell

Partick

Ross County

St. Johnstone

Falkirk

Hibs

QoTS

Raith

St. Mirren

Dunfermline

Get the OF to England, Atlantic league or feck, I think they have a negative affect on the Scottish game. With hindsight, I've probably been hard on Hamilton, they're there on merit so maybe replace St. Mirren with Hamilton, they've brought a lot of talent through in recent years, credit where its due. I can understand why some would want rid of ICT/County but again, they've been around the SPL for a while now, and it does spread teams around the country. 

Basically, 11 of the 12 we've currently got and probably the next 5 biggest. As you can probably gather, I'm not a fan of the bigot brothers.

. Went with what you have Chomp but took Ayr over ICT. Celtic and Rangers can gtf as far as I am concerned
  • Like 2

Hi DeeMo, do you think its a case of 'great minds think alike' or 'fools seldom differ' ?  :lol2: I know where the smart money is.  :rolleyes:

Hi DeeMo, do you think its a case of 'great minds think alike' or 'fools seldom differ' ? :lol2: I know where the smart money is. :rolleyes:

Definitely great minds mate, I think :lol: Your no fool bro :) Edited by DeeMo

Definitely great minds mate, I think :lol: Your no fool bro :)

You've both compelled me to remove the ugly sisters form my vote as well...

Hamilton and Icey Tea in their place.

Would be zero interest in the League outwith Scotland without the OF but I'm not really caring tbh.

It would finally be an opportunity to have a competitive league within everybody's means.

• Like 2

Would be zero interest in the League outwith Scotland without the OF but I'm not really caring tbh.

It would finally be an opportunity to have a competitive league within everybody's means.

Another great mind :)

Another great mind :)

862133.gif

• Like 2

Old Firm to England, Hamilton and ICT to the lower leagues and I'd be delighted.

Strange how Celtic just now have two more votes than Rangers. How can you pick one over the other ? They are both as bad as each other.

• Like 1

Strange how Celtic just now have two more votes than Rangers. How can you pick one over the other ? They are both as bad as each other.

Beat me to it.

It's 3 more now.

Absolutely bizarre how a Dundee fan would want Celtic in the league but not Rangers. You surely either want both or neither?

• Like 1

Beat me to it.

It's 3 more now.

Absolutely bizarre how a Dundee fan would want Celtic in the league but not Rangers. You surely either want both or neither?

43985723-552ab2fa59401.jpg

• Like 1

Forfar and Brechin have six votes between them..

A convenient away day is obviously high up the priority list :lol2:

I don't remember Celtic using a technicality to sign one of our biggest assets for virtually nothing and in the process push us towards admin and near extinction.

I don't remember Celtic asking our star player to threaten our chairman with refusing to play unless he agreed to a cut-price sale.

It wasn't me who voted for Celtic without Rangers but I can understand why some would. I don't like the way Celtic fans wave Irish flags and sing sectarian songs but they at least behave themselves when they leave Scotland. Rangers fans trashed Manchester when they travelled down for the Uefa Cup final and as a newspaper said after Rangers visited the Nou Camp, "Stay at home and vomit in your own living-room, urinate in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours". Rangers are an embarrassment to our country, and I would say worse than Celtic.

rangers.elperiodico1.jpg 

• Like 1

I don't remember Celtic using a technicality to sign one of our biggest assets for virtually nothing and in the process push us towards admin and near extinction.

I don't remember Celtic asking our star player to threaten our chairman with refusing to play unless he agreed to a cut-price sale.

It wasn't me who voted for Celtic without Rangers but I can understand why some would. I don't like the way Celtic fans wave Irish flags and sing sectarian songs but they at least behave themselves when they leave Scotland. Rangers fans trashed Manchester when they travelled down for the Uefa Cup final and as a newspaper said after Rangers visited the Nou Camp, "Stay at home and vomit in your own living-room, urinate in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours". Rangers are an embarrassment to our country, and I would say worse than Celtic.

rangers.elperiodico1.jpg

Loving your work Cobra.

Here was me thinking we've gone a while without any debates on flags or religion too..

rangers.elperiodico1.jpg

Cobra, Celtic might not have screwed us over in recent history but just ask our neighbours or several other Scottish clubs about their transfer dealings.

As for the fans stuff you've went on about, they are both as bad as each other.

I stick by my original point, for fans of a non Old Firm club to want one in but not the other is quite frankly bizarre in my book. Each to their own though.

Edited by Perth Road Dee

rangers.elperiodico1.jpg

Celtic fans behave when they leave Scotland ? How about in Milan, London or Amsterdam. I'm sure there is more places they misbehaved. I'm sure the club got fined for their fans behaviour in Milan. I know Rangers fans are an embarrassment to our country when they travel but the Celtic fans are just as embarrassing.

Very lazy post Deemo .. But, but, but Celtic did it too, so that makes it OK :-)

The fact that Rangers after being liquidated and were allowed to create a new club simply as a vehicle to carry on their fans bigotry grates with most decent Scots football fans and maybe that's the reason why our poll reflects that.

Some great quotes below ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This has to be said about Rangers, as a Scottish Football club they are a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace. This country would be a better place if Rangers did not exist."

Ian Archer - Journalist

'It's not that they weren't penalties - it's just that they're the kind of penalties nobody else gets!'

Not the View fanzine after Rangers were awarded three penalties in their 2-2 draw with Dundee in 2003

"I'd just come from Italy and France which are catholic countries,very warm and friendly,and here I was in Glasgow with some of my team-mates [i.e. fellow Rangers players] hating catholics. I just couldn't understand it and frankly found it ridiculous."

Butch Wilkins ex Rangers

"I was reluctant to entertain exposing my family to the risk of a recurrence of the bigotry that I had encountered in my playing days... Cathy's religion [she was Catholic] would probably have been enough in itself to convince me that returning to Rangers was not a good idea."

Alex Ferguson

Brian Clough: "What team did you say you support again?"

Man in the studio audience: "RANGERS!"

Brian Clough: "That's not a football team! That's a gang of villains."

Brian Clough

“I feel very sorry for Airdrie and their supporters but we’re running a business. We have given them repeated warnings and felt they were playing on our good nature.â€

David Murray

"Friendly against Rangers , no such thing they'll be on the rampage they are hooligans!"

Quote from "The Likely Lads"

"Assault? with a deadly weapon, GBH and attempted murder..........what are they? Rangers Fans".

Quote from "The Sweeney"

Edited by Gnasher
  • Like 2