The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Gandosaur

Scotland V Georgia / Germany

Rate this topic

Big week ahead for Scotland for those of us that follow the national team. 3 points in Georgia is a must, anything on Monday against Germany is a bonus.

Really looking forward to the climax of this group, hopefully topped off with a party in the Algarve in October.

Massive match on Friday.. Looking forward to it though.

If we could gather a win and a draw from these two games the positive vibes would be taken up to heights not seen for the best part of twenty years.

Too early to book my flights for France ye reckon?

Can see it now.. Return flight to Paris and we'll have our first game in Marseille..

Need to manage my expectations I think!

Georgia on Friday will be a very tough game.

Do we want a draw between Germany and Poland or a winner to get one of them clear at the top so we have a chance of clawing back the other??

Can see it now.. Return flight to Paris and we'll have our first game in Marseille..

Need to manage my expectations I think!

Georgia on Friday will be a very tough game.

Do we want a draw between Germany and Poland or a winner to get one of them clear at the top so we have a chance of clawing back the other??

I would say a draw Boba. We have to think positive and try and win the group.

We could take six points from the next two games. Should beat Georgia and there is no reason at a packed Hampden we cannot beat the Germans

Personally I would like a Germany win. Any other result would leave us having to take something from Germany which, although not impossible, isn't a situation I would like to be in. I think the most realistic ideal situation this week is...

Scotland beat Georgia

Germany beat Poland

Poland beat Gibraltar

Germany beat Scotland :(

This would basically leave us in a straight shoot out with Poland at Hampden. If we were to beat them, we would be all but qualified as our last game is Gibraltar. A tough ask against a tough opponent, but certainly doable.

P.S Can a mod please give Germany a capital G in the thread title, it's driving my OCD mad :lol2:

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

P.S Can a mod please give Germany a capital G in the thread title, it's driving my OCD mad :lol2:

Happy now...?

:)

C'mon Scotland, do us proud boys. Currently plotting a WC summer, all depends on getting three points tomorrow to kick it off

Fletcher starts instead of Griffiths..

Marshall

Hutton Martin Mulgrew Robertson

Brown Morrison

Maloney Naismith Anya

Fletcher

I worry about those CH's....

Edited by Boba Fett

See Zurab is getting a start.

Aye.. Commentator says he fell out with Ketsbia??

Aye.. Commentator says he fell out with Ketsbia??

My bad, he must be on the bench.  :blush:

Scotland looking good so far.  Or is it that Georgia are so poor?

Scotland looking good so far.  Or is it that Georgia are so poor?

A bit of both I think, probably jinx it but we look completely in control. I can see Georgia's fouls catching up with them. 

Looking good without really testing the keeper.  Need to up the tempo if we are to get anything out of this.

This is vintage Scotland... Get up the park for gods sake. Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot!

Poland scored four second half goals in Tbilisi. If we can't get even scrape a win, we don't deserve to finish in the top two of the group.