Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Scotland V Georgia / Germany

Had the same feeling during that last game and also at the end.  We didn't win, we're probably not going to be at another finals.  So what?  After a minute or two I was more interested in who will be available for Firhill and who wouldn't. 

If that was a Scotland team that was 'fired up' for the game, I would hate to see the Scotland side that wasn't fired up.  A good few of the players looked like they couldn't give a toss 10-15 minutes from the end.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I'm another one who's a bit jaded with the internationals, I still watch them when I can but I'm not as passionate about them as I was or as passionate about them as I am watching Dundee. I wouldn't say I'll never go to another international but I've got no plans at the moment. Part of me thinks its a bit of a shame that I feel this way but they ain't cheap either, especially as I don't live in the Weedge.

My feeling for Scotland all but vanished in 1986, a disgrace of a World Cup that was way worse than 1978. The pragmatism that came in post Macleod snuffed out the passion.

And we should ignore the 'granny' rule. Parents or where you were born, that's it. That lets in Stuart McCall, a true Scot who sounds as English as they come. Ditch Matt Elliotts (off top of my head)!

I see Iceland (population 300,000) have qualified already for the Euros already after this weekend. Makes our 8 (going on 9) major championships without an appearance look pretty poor.

To be fair we are in a tough group with the world champions, Poland and Ireland. You look at Northern Ireland's pitiful group with Romania, Hungary and Greece and wonder why we never get the breaks in these draws.

I see Iceland (population 300,000) have qualified already for the Euros already after this weekend. Makes our 8 (going on 9) major championships without an appearance look pretty poor.

To be fair we are in a tough group with the world champions, Poland and Ireland. You look at Northern Ireland's pitiful group with Romania, Hungary and Greece and wonder why we never get the breaks in these draws.

We would probably blow it in that group as well. The Georgia game showed we don't have the players to be competing at Euro's, World Cups etc. To be honest I'm like many others on here. I couldn't care less if we qualified or not. Have only watched the Ireland game at Sceptic Park in this competition, and although it was a good result, the game did not excite me too much.

Unlike a lot of folk nowadays, I am still 100% emotionally attached to the national team and would definitely be making the trip to France should we qualify.

Absolutely brutal performance and result on Friday has left me depressed again about our inability to deliver when it matters.

Made all the worse by nations like Iceland, Wales and Northern Ireland doing so well.

Footballing miracles required for us to qualify automatically now I would say... :(

• Like 1

Adblock Detected