The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
eyeothedug

In Answer to Riccardo Calder Post Being Deleted

Rate this topic

Sorry but it wasn't a rumour any more it was fact, so what's wrong with a post on the main board? More members would see it here anyway and not on the rumour area.

I, for one was looking for a discussion on the topic and couldn't find it!

Hey EotD

Might I suggest you use the  "View New Content" link at the top right of the screen?

This allows you to see ALL new content to the forum regardless of the topic/forum/sub-forum.

(IE you don't miss anything)

That said,

If you want to discuss him as a player in the team, then I personally wouldn't see any problem with a topic called "Now that 'X' is with our team....." should you chose to start one...?

Sorry but it wasn't a rumour any more it was fact, so what's wrong with a post on the main board? More members would see it here anyway and not on the rumour area.

I, for one was looking for a discussion on the topic and couldn't find it!

I agree with you regarding that it is no longer a rumour and should be moved into the Dundee FC Chat, or you could just create a new topic on the matter :)

Sorry if my post came across as a little terse, it wasn't meant to be that way.

All posts related to transfers should go to the 'Rumour Forum'. Perhaps a name change is in order?

No posts were deleted, merely merged into the thread that was already talking about the player and subsequent loan deal.

Hey EotD

Might I suggest you use the "View New Content" link at the top right of the screen?

This allows you to see ALL new content to the forum regardless of the topic/forum/sub-forum.

(IE you don't miss anything)

That said,

If you want to discuss him as a player in the team, then I personally wouldn't see any problem with a topic called "Now that 'X' is with our team....." should you chose to start one...?

Thanks for tip. Fair enough Ludo re transfers but my post was post transfer :-)

Edited by eyeothedug

All posts related to transfers should go to the 'Rumour Forum'. Perhaps a name change is in order?

It's not a transfer forum, but a place for people to discuss rumours about possible transfers. A place to discuss new signing/s would be in the Dundee FC chat forum.

TheDarkBlues, on 31 Aug 2015 - 8:31 PM, said:

It's not a transfer forum, but a place for people to discuss rumours about possible transfers. A place to discuss new signing/s would be in the Dundee FC chat forum.

I'm saying that the rumour forum should be the transfer forum though, because every time a rumour becomes true there will be new threads made/threads have to be moved. Would be much more simple and logical IMO.

Maybe worth while setting up an automated message system for the mods that notifies folk when thread moved, posts etc, save you a lot of ball ache. ie OP gets message or all those who have posted in it get message sort of thing. Standard message and it will include name of mod who did the modding to contact if further questions.

Edited by Bloomong

Bloomong, on 31 Aug 2015 - 9:13 PM, said:

Maybe worth while setting up an automated message system for the mods that notifies folk when thread moved, posts etc, save you a lot of ball ache. ie OP gets message or all those who have posted in it get message sort of thing. Standard message and it will include name of mod who did the modding to contact if further questions.

That's a top shout.

I'm saying that the rumour forum should be the transfer forum though, because every time a rumour becomes true there will be new threads made/threads have to be moved. Would be much more simple and logical IMO.

Changed the title of the forum to 'Transfer and Rumour Mill' forum. Does that help? :P;)

Good idea, I'm currently updating a lot of the forum software and I will add this to the to do list.

That's a top shout.

"The post/thread you created in  link to thread has been moved to link to new thread. If you have any further questions regarding why this action was taken please contact name of mod. Thanking you in advance for your understanding.............."

kind of thing.

• Like 1

TheDarkBlues, on 31 Aug 2015 - 9:31 PM, said:

Changed the title of the forum to 'Transfer and Rumour Mill' forum. Does that help? :P;)

Good idea, I'm currently updating a lot of the forum software and I will add this to the to do list.

Good stuff, would give you a blue dot if I could!

Good stuff, would give you a blue dot if I could!

Cheers :)