The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
markthedee

Rhys Healey

Rate this topic

Nice one.

Has a decent scoring record of just short of 1 in every 2 according to his wiki.

We needed a winger and a striker. We have brought in both.

One more striker a possibility or is that us done?

Not much pedigree there.

Bit disappointed with this one.

We needed a big target man and this guy is only around 5ft 8/9

Not much experience either.

new signing announced

details below

Club career[edit]

Healey started his career Gap Connah's Quay, joining their youth setup as U-16.[2] In the 2012/13 season he made his debut in Welsh Premier League, coming off the bench against Bangor City.[2]

On 28 January 2013 he signed for Cardiff City.[3] In March 2014 he signed new contract with the club.[4] On 11 May 2014 he made his first-team debut, on the last day of the season, in a defeat against Chelsea.[5]

Healey signed on loan for League One club Colchester United on 19 September 2014. He joined the club as back-up to first choice striker Freddie Sears, initially signing until 20 December.[6] Healey made his debut, coming on as a substitute in the second half, and scored in a 3-0 win over Crewe, which was followed with another in the next game, in a 4-2 loss against Preston North End.[7][8] Having made ten appearance and scored four times so far, Healey loan spell with Colchester United was extended further until the end of the season.[9] On 19 March 2015, Healey was recalled by his parent club Cardiff.[10] On 2 April 2015, in a bizarre turn of events, Healey was re-loaned to Colchester United as a protacted loan move to League 2 team Newport County fell through.[11]

Edited by tommy the tap in king

Need a target man, this lad will be a bench warmer. Decent goals ratio, but can he cut it in this league? Will give the lad a chance. 

Need a target man, this lad will be a bench warmer. Decent goals ratio, but can he cut it in this league? Will give the lad a chance. 

In my mind it was always just back up we were looking for.

Hemmings, Loy and Stewart are clearly the top 3 forwards at the club and whoever was brought in was going to be back up for the bench.

Still think we need another one as four is a bit light once injuries and suspensions kick in.

Happy with this. We have an excellent strike force in Hemmings, Loy and Stewart. What we need are back-ups.

Higdon I don't think was a realistic target. We don't have a big enough budget for that kind of squad depth.

• Like 1

Welcome to Dens Rhys, we hope that your goals are many and a lot against the Dabs :)

We wanted a striker and a winger, we wanted rid of Tank, Ferry and Roberts, we wanted a bit of height which we seem to have got with Calder.

I'm happy and willing to give these 2 lads a chance.

• Like 2

I'm happy with Calder but this Rhys lad, I dunno, hope he comes good.

I'm happy with Calder but this Rhys lad, I dunno, hope he comes good.

Exactly this

The typical Dundee fans welcome :lol2:

I'm going to bet neither of you have seen him or the lad from Villa play. Lets just wait and see.

I remember when we signed Roberts and boys were absolutely raving about him on forums.

Give them a chance!

:)

Still could be movement in and out. According to twitter.