The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
HK Blues

Ins and Outs

Rate this topic

Can't help but wonder if the cost of offloading the good time boys and Ferry hamstringed PH in his transfer dealings hence we got 2 unproven loan signings. Hope they live up to their potential and then some, but it's a big ask for them to revitalise a jaded team and must admit would've liked at least one experienced signing as well. Fingers crossed - welcome to Dens lads :)

Another signing is still possible from all the released and unattached players. Bigger clubs than us will have offloaded players as we have done and there may be a gem out there. The cost of the pay offs to Ferry, Roberts and Tank wont have been cheap but will undoubtedly have been less than their outstanding contract values. The big question and important restriction, hopefully, is that we work within our budgets and never remotely approach the red again. I know the Deefiant season brought the best out of all, players and fans alike but I fear if we went down that road again there would not be the same outcome.

I do have confidence that we wont overspend though, I think !

If jaded isn't an appropriate description - a team that looks like it needs some fresh ideas from time to time...

Even if they are rubbish it will be the same as we had. Tank, Roberts and ferry were contributing nothing so not much difference.

Even if they are rubbish it will be the same as we had. Tank, Roberts and ferry were contributing nothing so not much difference.

A good way of looking at it DD, worst case scenario is we replace guys who weren't getting a game with guys who um, don't get a game, on the other hand, they might bring something to the occasion, lets hope so.  :)

A good way of looking at it DD, worst case scenario is we replace guys who weren't getting a game with guys who um, don't get a game, on the other hand, they might bring something to the occasion, lets hope so. :)

No worse off. Traded proven wasters for potential wasters.

• Like 2

The only difference is that these are two young lads with most likely unproven talent who will be keen to make an impression.  I like the idea of two lads like this being given a chance and if they don't work out, it's only to January, I think.

As an aside, I'm sure I saw Roberts strolling through the Overgate this morning, on his mobile.  Maybe putting together his next mug deal?

No worse off. Traded proven wasters for potential wasters.

Spot on.. Or potential genuises! Win win

doubt their parent clubs will want them to waste their time - two bosses now - PH and parent manager who will be seeking reports I would guess.