The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

Who Did Better?

Rate this topic

Think they needed more in to bring them up to better standard, seems PH thinks we are ok as we are, needing just a little extra cover.

I imagine they did better but they desperately needed reinforcements. 

What annoys me is that we didn't take advantage of their weakest team in years. The team we put out should have won by three or four but once Ross missed a sitter it just wasn't going to happen.

The young lad from Reading they signed is very highly rated as is the Fulham striker, really is a pity that young players get little or no chance of first team football down south.

But in reality, say the two new guys do well, really well for the Arabs, they can be recalled in January and they are back to where they were last week.

Of course the same can be said for us.

Not a great fan of loan deals.

Only time will tell. We've both signed two young kids from teams who are playing at a higher level than ourselves. I would guess no one has seen all four of these players play so its a question of what chances they get and how they can adapt to the new surroundings and methods. We never made any permanent signings so they have won that part as McKay is a good striker and proven at this level, he will go straight into there team whereas the four young lads may be on the bench to begin with although i think the dabs will start both of theres at the first opportunity. Both teams also shipped out a few players whether that was by "mutual consent" or away on loan.

All in all I still believe we have a better team/squad if everyone is fit, but therin lies our biggest problem to date!! Dont think we will get a better chance to finish above them and turn the tables in the city as we have this season, but the next 5/6 games will show if thats a reality or pipedream.

Edited by bjs

Would say us purely on the basis that we have enough experience in our squad to enable to take a punt on 2 younger lads.

The DABs severly lack experience, especially in the middle of the park, and haven't really addressed this.

I have never heard of any of the signings, not a clue about them. Disappointed we have brought in novices though, fancied someone with a bit of know-how.

Utd no question with the signing of McKay.

Reading guy "sounds" no bad as well.

Utd no question with the signing of McKay.

Reading guy "sounds" no bad as well.

Exactly my thoughts.

Hope the two lads we've brought in prove me wrong.

Edited by barkblue

As much as it pains me to say......they did by bringing in McKay,proven striker who always scored against us

Over the whole of the summer I think we have brought in better than them as they have lost some decent players and signed dross (bodul etc).

However In the last couple of weeks it would be foolish to argue that a couple of unproven Yoofs we have signed are better than a guy with an spl scoring pedigree in Mackay.

mackay could be the difference between relegation and play off for utd

McKay went 13 games without a goal at the start of last season at Inverness. He's currently on a run of 14 games without a goal. His dream move to Wigan was a disaster as he failed to score a single goal for the Latics. Will he be affected by his miserable spell at the DW Stadium? He returns to Scotland to play for a poor United team. This might not be the great signing we think it is.

McKay went 13 games without a goal at the start of last season at Inverness. He's currently on a run of 14 games without a goal. His dream move to Wigan was a disaster as he failed to score a single goal for the Latics. Will he be affected by his miserable spell at the DW Stadium? He returns to Scotland to play for a poor United team. This might not be the great signing we think it is.

That's what I even saying all summer about McKay..

Did he not miss a sitter pre season v us?

That's what I even saying all summer about McKay..

Did he not miss a sitter pre season v us?

Not sure Boba. I missed that game as was away.

Maybe his confidence is shot. He's only ever scored goals for one small Highland club. It won't take long for the dabs to turn on him if he turns out not to be their saviour.