The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Ladbrokes Q11: First Game You Remember Watching?

Rate this topic

First game you remember watching?

On TV - Scotland v West Germany. Mexico 86

In person - Under sixteen world up games at Dens and 4-3 v United. 1989

Edited by Boba Fett

Scotland v Argentina in a 1990 ish pre World Cup friendly.

Think we won the game too so it's been downhill from there.

In person was Dundee Brechin in Scottish cup. Colin west scored after something like 20 seconds

On TV the FA cup final when Southampton beat Manchester United.

The first Dee game was the league cup final at at Dens. :(. Enough said

Edited by DeeMo

Scotland vs Brazil first of the 98 World Cup in France was the first I watched on tv.. No a bad first memory even though we got beat, never got humped at least haha

First dee game I mind was the Dariusz the pole derby, last minute carnage but I was in the main stand with my old man as I was a young lad and it's fuzzy to this day!

I grew up abroad until I was 10, we used to go and watch Napier City Rovers play, I couldn't say who they were playing, half the time I was running round looking for juice bottles to take to the shop for the refunds.  :D

My first ever game was when i was about 10 v ayr united(i think). Was day we lifted 1998 first division trophy. Sat in old provie road stand and remember the atmosphere being great that day.

My old man started taking me up to Dens around 1987 but the first game I can properly remember was Jim Leighton's debut v Killie in 1992.

My first game at Dens a 5 nil win over Raith in the old League Cup sections in August 1960.

Dundee - Arbroath in the early 70's cant remember any of the details apart from getting a bag of chipmunks and an orange qwuenchy cup from someone walking round the track

Away to Cowdenbeath late 60s or very early 1970, 1-0 victory for the Dee, done more running about at the front of the stand than paying attention to the match.

Was at games with old man before this one he says ,but the 6-4 game against the Dabs at Dens in the old stand enclosure,old man said we took foot aff pedal at 6-1,let them aff hook bigtime.

First game i saw "live/in person" was scotland v argentina at hampden in 79 (think it was maradonnas debut for them and they were the world champions (was at a lot of Highland League games before that but wont include them!!

First Dundee game was the year after i think 1980. Pretty sure it was against Aberdeen.

Yinitit v Farfir. 19 oatcake.

First game I remember was beating Hamilton 7 - 3 ( I think ) last game of the season around about 1985/86.

At the game: Dundee v Airdrie, December 1961, 5-1, on the way to the title.....grew up thinking football was always going to be like this :excited:

Live on TV: Anderlecht v Dundee 1962-63 European Cup, courtesy of the new Eurovision cable-under-the-channel link (& because Ipswich had already been knocked out)....4-1 Dundee, one of the best European performances by any Scottish club.

League cup final Dee 1-0 v tic, was also 1st game.

Mind bits o game but mair mind my dad going daft in main stand.