The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

Thistle

Rate this topic

Should the gaffer freshen things up by giving one of the new guys a start?

I know it won't happen, but I wish he would.

I think a lot depends on Loy being fit or not to be honest. If he's fit I can see us playing the team which started at Tannadice (depending on Julen's hamstring too obviously).

Really don't understand bringing players on loan from down south if they're not going to play.

• Like 1

Hope we have not been sold a pup with Loy - out for long time last season...is this another one that flares up every time he gets a knock??

Hope we have not been sold a pup with Loy - out for long time last season...is this another one that flares up every time he gets a knock??

Don't think he's a crock, unlike others with a history. He played 41 games 2 seasons ago and 35 last season. Problem maybe is he played virtually every game up to March the was out until May for their Cup Final. Not sure what the injury was but obviously pushed himself back to play. Probably if they weren't in SC Final he'd be ok now. Can blame Houston for that ! I'm sure PH said he'd be out for 2 weeks a few weeks ago, but that's normal. Hopefully if he misses Thistle and Tic games he'll be ok after that.

Disappointing to hear that Loy is still not fit :(

Taking that into consideration and presuming Julen is still out, I'd go for something like:

Was hearing he's out for at least another month.

Hope he aint gonna be another Carl Finnigan.

Edited by Count Duckula

Taking that into consideration and presuming Julen is still out, I'd go for something like:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm thinking familiar personnel to you but maybe a different shape, something more like this:

y8QjwYm.png

It depends how advanced Calder is tbh. If he's just an out and out winger, your shape will most likely be how we start. If he's comfortable with roaming around, the front three can all change around and Stewart can find himself in a dangerous free role. When our forwards have been given attacking freedom this season, we've looked brilliant.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to Saturday. If that 11 are selected, we'll have McGowan, Low and Healey to call on to change the balance of the side if needed while the defenders all have cover.

Has there been anything about Carrerio yet?

Was hearing he's out for at least another month.

Hope he aint gonna be another Carl Finnigan.

Another month!!!

Where did you hear that?

PH has already said that the new guys will be involved in the action straight away. Looks like Calder will most defiantly start on the wing and Healey could be on the bench for Thistle.

Loy has made 75 appearances in the last two seasons so I'm hopeful we'll see a lot of him this season.

I'd go for the same kinda line up as against Killie with Healy in for Loy. McGinn/Konrad/McPake/Holt in defence.

I'd go for the same kinda line up as against Killie with Healy in for Loy. McGinn/Konrad/McPake/Holt in defence.

I think PH will play Calder on the left and Swteart on the right with Hemming playing the lone striker role. I hope that PH puts Ross further up in a more support/attacking roll rather than deeper like he has played in recent games and with Thomson and Harkins in the deeper roles.

I would like to see Holt come back in for the Thistle game. He offers a lot more IMO than Irvine in this position and the fact that he has just moved up a division, I think he is doing well. He is still young, still learning and will make mistakes and I think should be given a chance to settle to this league.

FFS.. Just noticed that Willie Collum has got our game on Saturday :(