The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Partick Thistle 0 - 1 Dundee

Rate this topic

Match Aftermath Topic.

Partick Thistle 0 - 1 Dundee (Stewart 77')

Good away win for the Dee today :)

Lucky today but I will take it. What another great strike from Stewarty :)

We are 5th Doug. Dross are ahead on GD. But a fine 3 pts today.

Worrying that we were dominated by the team now at the bottom of the table but getting a win on the board right after the international break is fantastic. Sets us up nicely for a good season.

According to the radio, the introduction of Loy turned the game in our favour.

I think the manager's subs and the spirit of the squad have delivered for us today when we maybe didn't play our best football.

On the subject of Greg Stewart, we must now be looking at one of the greatest scorers of goals in our history. 

Edited by Cobra

Problem I have with Stewart is that his goals are all the same. Need some variety here. :nudgewink:

Problem I have with Stewart is that his goals are all the same. Need some variety here. :nudgewink:

Haha good one 😛

Come on Rio! To be able to repeatedly curl the ball into the corner from 25-30 yards is a remarkable gift, especially at the level we're playing at.

Did anyone you watched in the 60s or 70s have that ability? I know we had great players and great goalscorers back then but was there anyone capable of hitting a dozen wonder goals from distance in a year?

It was a joke Cobra, I'll take those goals every time.

• Like 1

It was a joke Cobra, I'll take those goals every time.

Sorry Rio. I read someone on here complaining recently that Stewart's goals are too similar so thought you might have been serious.

I'll take a goal in any form ;)

Come on Rio! To be able to repeatedly curl the ball into the corner from 25-30 yards is a remarkable gift, especially at the level we're playing at.

Did anyone you watched in the 60s or 70s have that ability? I know we had great players and great goalscorers back then but was there anyone capable of hitting a dozen wonder goals from distance in a year?

Wonder goals = George 'Dandy' McLean :)

and

Wonder misses = George 'Dandy' McLean :(

Edited by Dondeh

We where decent in the 2nd after an awful first half ,the boy Calder looks a bit lightweight for Scottish football. awesome run and shot from stewart,underserved win but I'll take them everyday of the week

Wonder goals = George 'Dandy' McLean :)

and

Wonder misses = George 'Dandy' McLean :(

I remember Dandy going on a mazy from the half-way line towards the old TC Keay end leaving defenders in his wake. He drew the keeper and blazed it miles over the bar. He turned to the Derry, raised his arms and just shrugged. It's the only time I've seen a Dee player miss a sitter and be cheered.

We where decent in the 2nd after an awful first half ,the boy Calder looks a bit lightweight for Scottish football. awesome run and shot from stewart,underserved win but I'll take them everyday of the week

Worrying again that we were poor for another 45 mins. Can't continue like this but thankful for 3 points and clean sheet.

Before the game we were 2 points worse off than at same stage last season. Level now?.

We scored, they didn't. So what if they hit woodwork 3 times. I was there & the longer game went on the more we could have scored.

We are lightweight but have players with class Thistle don't have.

We deserved to win.