Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Partick Thistle 0 - 1 Dundee

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Come on Rio! To be able to repeatedly curl the ball into the corner from 25-30 yards is a remarkable gift, especially at the level we're playing at.

Did anyone you watched in the 60s or 70s have that ability? I know we had great players and great goalscorers back then but was there anyone capable of hitting a dozen wonder goals from distance in a year?

Wonder goals = George 'Dandy' McLean :)

and

Wonder misses = George 'Dandy' McLean :(

Edited by Dondeh

Wonder goals = George 'Dandy' McLean :)

and

Wonder misses = George 'Dandy' McLean :(

I remember Dandy going on a mazy from the half-way line towards the old TC Keay end leaving defenders in his wake. He drew the keeper and blazed it miles over the bar. He turned to the Derry, raised his arms and just shrugged. It's the only time I've seen a Dee player miss a sitter and be cheered.

We where decent in the 2nd after an awful first half ,the boy Calder looks a bit lightweight for Scottish football. awesome run and shot from stewart,underserved win but I'll take them everyday of the week

Worrying again that we were poor for another 45 mins. Can't continue like this but thankful for 3 points and clean sheet.

Before the game we were 2 points worse off than at same stage last season. Level now?.

We scored, they didn't. So what if they hit woodwork 3 times. I was there & the longer game went on the more we could have scored.

We are lightweight but have players with class Thistle don't have.

We deserved to win.

Agreed. You get no points for hard luck stories.

How many times have we shown great urgency and come close to scoring against the Old Firm before their class showed late in the second half to take the points?

If we can go away from home and let the other team dominate possession and threaten our goal without scoring before we up our game and steal a win late on then I'll be happy.

Adblock Detected