The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Can Aberdeen Mount A Challenge For The League Title

Rate this topic

..... this season?

I honestly think that they could do it this season, strengthened their squad from last season and a win over the Tims today.

Would be happy for just about anyone* to win the league other than one of the ugly sisters, I hope you're right mate but its a big ask over a season.

* one obvious exception of course.

• Like 2

I agree, it is a big ask ......And you are no being generous tae oor neighbours !!

I think they are playing tactics. DISASTER START and late surge for top six :lol2:

I am activity supporting Aberdeen. Every week. Against us I want us to win but them get 3 points. I know that's not possible but I hate Celtic and Rangers more than I hate United.

Aberdeen winning would be a victory for Scottish football.

• Like 3

I am activity supporting Aberdeen. Every week. Against us I want us to win but them get 3 points. I know that's not possible but I hate Celtic and Rangers more than I hate United.

Aberdeen winning would be a victory for Scottish football.

clint-eastwood-o_1_7_1_4_2.gif

Dundee United are our rivals, the OF reduce our game to an 'freak show' from historic times, I'm embarrassed that a lot of people from out with the country 'know' that Scottish football is divided on religious lines. We're all tarred with the same brush.

• Like 2

Would love to see Aberdeen win the League but it just wont happen..

Even with Delilahs mis-management, Septics wealth, resources and squad is just way beyond anybody else in the League.

Feel free to bookmark it - If anybody else other than Septic wins the league this season, I'll buy a full Utd strip (inc shin pads and sambas) and wear it in the Derry :o

Edited by TheDarkBlues
This post has been bookmarked :)
  • Like 4

Great to see Aberdeen beat Celtic and go clear at the top but I think once the Tims are knocked out of the Europa we'll see them pull away in the league. As Boba says, it doesn't matter what Delilah does. There's too much quality in that squad.

clint-eastwood-o_1_7_1_4_2.gif

Dundee United are our rivals, the OF reduce our game to an 'freak show' from historic times, I'm embarrassed that a lot of people from out with the country 'know' that Scottish football is divided on religious lines. We're all tarred with the same brush.

Rangers and Celtic are not football teams. They are political parties that enforce a religious choice on people and happen to play a sport within the party.

Its honestly a joke. They certainly do lower our game.

The money the bring is cut out by the money they drive away with the vile, abusive and disgusting behavior that accompanies them.

There is no good old firm fans, because they are guilty by association. If they indeed were disgusted by these handful of fans who cross the line they would ban them for life. Simple. No its, buts of second chances.

If you branded an anti poppy banner in the town centre and were shouting abuse and booing a minutes silence you would be jailed for breach of the peach.

Scum. All them.

I honestly do think Aberdeen can do it. Last season, they picked up 75 points which is pretty respectable for a team of their size. They have improved every position and their second string is as good as their first now. Considine, Hayes, McGinn and Rooney have all hit their prime and are playing the best stuff of their careers. Celtic will drop points with playing in Europe and since this is a position they have not been in before, the could panic and lose their heads.

I am not sure it will happen but it's now or never for Aberdeen and they've got it in them to do it IMO.

Rangers and Celtic are not football teams. They are political parties that enforce a religious choice on people and happen to play a sport within the party.

Its honestly a joke. They certainly do lower our game.

The money the bring is cut out by the money they drive away with the vile, abusive and disgusting behavior that accompanies them.

There is no good old firm fans, because they are guilty by association. If they indeed were disgusted by these handful of fans who cross the line they would ban them for life. Simple. No its, buts of second chances.

If you branded an anti poppy banner in the town centre and were shouting abuse and booing a minutes silence you would be jailed for breach of the peach.

Scum. All them.

A bit harsh, I know guys who are still OF fans but either don't go or rarely go themselves and will not take their kids there because they don't want their kids to witness all the hatred. If you've followed a team for years before having an epiphany you will likely still have strong feelings for it, even if you see no longer wish to be be so closely involved any more. 

If the clubs were serious about ridding themselves of all the rubbish, then they absolutely should be banning people who have an agenda that's not football based. I'll not hold my breath though, the extra bums on seats that come about because of the hatred is obvious to see when you look at the number of tickets sold while the clubs are in different leagues.

A bit harsh, I know guys who are still OF fans but either don't go or rarely go themselves and will not take their kids there because they don't want their kids to witness all the hatred. If you've followed a team for years before having an epiphany you will likely still have strong feelings for it, even if you see no longer wish to be be so closely involved any more.

If the clubs were serious about ridding themselves of all the rubbish, then they absolutely should be banning people who have an agenda that's not football based. I'll not hold my breath though, the extra bums on seats that come about because of the hatred is obvious to see when you look at the number of tickets sold while the clubs are in different leagues.

Then they are encouraging the problem.

They are not making this known to the club and it's continuing.

See if dundee fans constantly acted like them, I would be raising my opinion.

Then they are encouraging the problem.

They are not making this known to the club and it's continuing.

See if dundee fans constantly acted like them, I would be raising my opinion.

Well it comes down to degree's of prickishness then, I'm sure you've seen Dundee fans behave badly, I know I have, if memory serves you were sticking up for a boy who got banned from Dens (if I've got that wrong I apologise), it doesn't have to be sectarian to be bad behaviour mate. Football attracts plenty arsseholes, it just depends what brand you don't mind and what brand you take exception too.

I'm not sticking up for the cankerous boil that is the OF, I'm just saying that all football teams have a poor element, they blow every other Scottish club out the water with theirs right enough but I still think its tight to blame someone who has been brought up to follow a team to then just turn around and be all holier than thou to other supporters. If it turned out there was a paedophile  ring in Dens would you stop following the club ? We wouldn't all be guilty of it, neither would everyone ever associated with the club.

Well it comes down to degree's of prickishness then, I'm sure you've seen Dundee fans behave badly, I know I have, if memory serves you were sticking up for a boy who got banned from Dens (if I've got that wrong I apologise), it doesn't have to be sectarian to be bad behaviour mate. Football attracts plenty arsseholes, it just depends what brand you don't mind and what brand you take exception too.

I'm not sticking up for the cankerous boil that is the OF, I'm just saying that all football teams have a poor element, they blow every other Scottish club out the water with theirs right enough but I still think its tight to blame someone who has been brought up to follow a team to then just turn around and be all holier than thou to other supporters. If it turned out there was a paedophile ring in Dens would you stop following the club ? We wouldn't all be guilty of it, neither would everyone ever associated with the club.

I stuck up for boys slating and insulting him. Not his actions. That's different.

I would never go nears dens if that happened to us. Big jock kinda incident.

I hope so as it's good for Scottish football and it's worth it to see the Celtic fans foaming at the mouth. 

If Aberdeen are still in contention come January i think Celtic will throw money at their team as not winning the league is unthinkable for them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to sign Shinnie, Hayes, McGinn, Rooney etc.

Even if they have no intention of signing them they will make noises about signing them to unsettle the players no doubt. Hopefully Aberdeen stand up to them though unlike other teams! 

I think it would be great for scottish football if they could but sadly cant see it happening. Hopefully the can push them further than last season. As mentioned already I would rather see anyone (with the obvious exception) win the league.

I stuck up for boys slating and insulting him. Not his actions. That's different.

I would never go nears dens if that happened to us. Big jock kinda incident.

Up to you of course but if a couple of people at the club were doing something horrific like paedophilia, you have no control over it, why would you stop going to follow the football team because some of their employees were 'bad apples'. I'm guessing you don't feel quite so passionately about financial irregularities then.

We can do our bit then by taking points off them ?

That would be the icing on oor cake.

Edited by Canberra

Up to you of course but if a couple of people at the club were doing something horrific like paedophilia, you have no control over it, why would you stop going to follow the football team because some of their employees were 'bad apples'. I'm guessing you don't feel quite so passionately about financial irregularities then.

Are you actually comparing the community effects of admin and a pedo ring. Are you serious.

Are you actually comparing the community effects of admin and a pedo ring. Are you serious.

You might want to reread my post. I'm not 'comparing' them. You seem very quick to look for reasons to be outraged here, starting with your stance that there can be no such thing as a decent OF fan. Knock yourself out, here's a wee taster to help build up your rage.