The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Best Keeper From The Last 25 Years

Rate this topic

Best Dundee goalkeeper  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who would say is our best keeper from the last 25 years?

• Jim Leighton
    • Michel Pageaud
    • Jamie Langfield
    • Rab Douglas
    • Paul Mathers
    • Julian Speroni
    • Kelvin Jack
    • Ludovic Roy
    • Steve Simonsen
    • Kyle Letheren
    • Scott Bain

Our quarter century team is shaping up nicely. Who would you put in goal?

iUTnA9c.jpg

Bain is an unbelievable talent but still relatively unproven. He's been looking a little shakier of late as well. Has to be Big Rab for me. He's a legend really..

Want it to be Rab more than anybody but Speroni was a better Keeper, Expect it to be Bain in a couple of years if he stays with us for a decent

period of time.

Went for Pageaud

Lot to be said for your heroes as a laddie

Bain is an unbelievable talent but still relatively unproven. He's been looking a little shakier of late as well. Has to be Big Rab for me. He's a legend really..

I remember when Rab first arrived from Livi and I thought 'this guy is unbelievably good. How the hell did we manage to get him to Dens?' I've felt the same way watching Bain at times.

Edited by Cobra

Went for Pageaud

Lot to be said for your heroes as a laddie

Good to see Pageaud getting a vote. A keeper with loads of character and ability.

Good to see Pageaud getting a vote. A keeper with loads of character and ability.

Best kicker of a ball I've seen

Went for Rab. Sometimes it's not just about ability but the bond between a player and the supporters.

Best kicker of a ball I've seen

Second this. And what a tasche!

Enough to get my vote. Could have won us a cup on another day an all.

Second this. And what a tasche!

Enough to get my vote. Could have won us a cup on another day an all.

Bare hands in the penalty shoot out :-)

I can't see past Rab for this one myself. We've had some good keepers over the years, its a position I think we've been lucky with, a few exceptions of course. 

Julian from big Rab for me. Not the biggest but what a shot stopper.

I remember sitting in the Bobby Cox one day and we were defending the other end. The opposition had a point blank header two or three yards out and it looked a certain goal but somehow Speroni got a glove on it. It the most amazing save I've ever seen. I was thinking... that wasn't saveable. WTF?

Edited by Cobra

I remember sitting in the Bobby Cox one day and we were defending the other end. The opposition had a point blank header two or three yards out and it looked a certain goal but somehow Speroni got a glove on it. It the most amazing save I've ever seen. I was thinking... that wasn't saveable. WTF?

Bain has pulled off a few of these but as as been said, he's still on the up and in 5 years time I can see him matching or usurping Rab's status.

Cobra I remember 1 game at Tannadice where Speroni was out of this world. I think we win 1 nil that day. Aberdeen at Dens in the Scottish springs to mind as well.

There's a lot of admiration for both Big Rab and Speroni, as expected.

Rab is for me, on a par with our 60s legends, in terms of ability and personality, even if he didn't have the quality in front of him to win a trophy. Speroni is one of the finest goalkeepers to ever play in Scotland so I'm struggling to pick between them. 

Got to be big Rab. Watched him do the business for us since 97 and was absolutely legendary in the majority of his time here in both spells.

Think Bain could go on to come the clear second in that list in another season or two.

Our two outstanding modern-day keepers, Big Rab and Speroni, are now level on 13 votes. This poll is getting interesting.

Edited by Cobra

Big rab for me although ooh ooh I loved pagued just a bit young to remember his quality. remember his tache and perm well though!!