The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Paul Mcginn Assists

Rate this topic

Just curious to see if anybody has record of what assists Paul McGinn has for us so far? I can only remember Dunfermline in the cup the other week (headed onto Hemmings), Killie at the start of the season (he passed to Stewart before the 1st goal) and Celtic at Dens at the end of last season (cut back to McAllister).

Has he ever had an assist from an actual cross into the box?

Edited by harry94

I think you're being a bit generous giving him an assist for Greg at Killie. He was the last person to touch the ball before Stewart beat a couple of men then curled it in but not my idea of an assist. Imo. 

Here's one from him Harry.. 1:30 onwards bud. The ultimate assist

• Like 1

Is this really important? Whoever dreamed up this "assist" lark must be the one that thought up the "number 10", " in the hole" and the latest one - the "false 9".

The whole team assists any goalscorer as its a team game - they all need each other in every respect.

Continuing post with football comments that have appeared from nowhere

Holding midfielder

Protecting the back 4

Took one for the team

The Makelele role

The diamond formation

The Christmas tree

sure there are lots more

Is this really important? Whoever dreamed up this "assist" lark must be the one that thought up the "number 10", " in the hole" and the latest one - the "false 9".

The whole team assists any goalscorer as its a team game - they all need each other in every respect.

I wasn't really asking because I feel it's that significant (we don't play in a style that puts emphasis on the full backs to get assists), was just genuinely curious. Think McGinn has steadily improved in his time here and there is still more to come from him.

Don't forget sky's new favourite "playing in the pocket"

Don't forget sky's new favourite "playing in the pocket"

Thankfully we avoid most Americanisms. Listening to US commentary is painful.

Lovely offense play from the number 11 there. He stopped the ball going out of bounds, he's avoided the steal, ran in to the six and then smacked the ball on frame with his cleat. It's still zero-zero but boy was that close.

"And the Houston throw in will be taken by Jermaine Taylor who leads the MLS East Conference in offensive throws"

Tam McManus scored a screamer a few years ago and the commentating was priceless:

"What a score from Tam McManus!!...

From way downtown!!"

Thankfully we avoid most Americanisms. Listening to US commentary is painful.

Lovely offense play from the number 11 there. He stopped the ball going out of bounds, he's avoided the steal, ran in to the six and then smacked the ball on frame with his cleat. It's still zero-zero but boy was that close.

Actually, you have just written a very descriptive paragraph which produced a wonderful and quite breathtaking image in my head.  The dude had hard luck. Who did you have in mind for your no 11?

Celtic commentator, maybe Sutton, not sure, said Commons got his body between the opponent and the ball and " drew" the foul. So he dived. Now Strachan saying Celtic should play "between the lines" wtf

I think you're being a bit generous giving him an assist for Greg at Killie. He was the last person to touch the ball before Stewart beat a couple of men then curled it in but not my idea of an assist. Imo. 

I think he made an important contribution to that goal. We'd been passing the ball around waiting for an opening. McGinn forced matters by going past Boyd on the wing, pulling out the full back and creating space for Stewart. He made the last goal that day by winning the ball off Higginbotham just outside the Killie penalty area. So he's played a part in four of our twelve goals this season. That's ok.